its been some time since I updated the firmware. the last I remember it was 4. something for the longest time. The last time I checked which was a few months it was 4. something and no new updates were available. I can run the dashboard and control devices and secens through my browser, its the admin console that I need to get to and program some new lighting i've installed in the basement I just finished.

yes i had to change my router. what configuration setting is required on it? On my prevoius one I don't recall a special setting for the isy.

the only firewall I have is MS Defender. Is there an app that I have to make sure is allowed or setting I need to be sure is on or off?

Following your comment on the firewall being a potential problem I searched the wiki found the section on firewall configuration. noticed that ms Defender verbiage is coming soon. read about using HTTPS.  notice that the guidance says to log onto the isy? Question if you can log onto the ISY why do you need to worry about configuring Finder? But since I'm dead in the water I went ahead and tried to add https://192.168.1.95:8226 as a URL in ISY Finder After hitting enter the result form ISY Finder is "Not Found". Tried the same in the Firefox browser and the response "Cannot establish connection to server". My router does show the ISY as a connected device

Want to take a moment and thank you for your help. The problem is defiantly with my win10 system. Took an old laptop with win7 connected to the network wirelessly. Installed Java and ran the isy launcher from the support page and wallah Admin Console is up and running. configured a new device and a couple of scenes. Almost to the point of doing a fresh install of windows 10 with an enterprise license i acquired on my problem pc. but I have a good deal of software that I would need to reinstall and configure that the task would be an all day affair.

2 minutes ago, idkayaker said:

I have 3 reasons I'm sure of the IP address any one of which alone would give me 100% confidence. I assigned a static IP to it long ago. The ISY is on the Device list of my router with its IP. Entering the IP into a browser brings up the dashboard.

Did you enter that static IP address information in your router?

Can you please be more specific in your question as to "entered in your Router". Its not entered specifically but the range in which it sits is blocked out from DHCP if that is what your getting at. Beside I noted in the post above that on a win7 laptop I can access the console, so if the router was a problem it would be a problem for any system to access the isy. Why the interest in the router config?

still need to come up with a solution for the isy-finder on my win10 desktop PC but as a temp workaround I installed the launcher on a MS surface Pro4. the Admin Console does not scale to the hi res of the Surface pro. I was able to increase the font size to 20 in the Admin-console. increase display scaling and reduced display resolution, it makes admin console marginally usable. I have a another java app on the surface and it too has a hard time scaling to the surfaces hi res display. Browsers and Windows office programs have no problem looking good and usable on the surface. Going to search the forum to find a more appropriate  topic to post under. Any guidance to the appropriate forum section would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, dbuss said:

@idkayaker , Did you try what @Michel Kohanim suggested? What do you get when you click on http://isy?

25 minutes ago, idkayaker said:

still need to come up with a solution for the isy-finder on my win10 desktop PC but as a temp workaround I installed the launcher on a MS surface Pro4. the Admin Console does not scale to the hi res of the Surface pro. I was able to increase the font size to 20 in the Admin-console. increase display scaling and reduced display resolution, it makes admin console marginally usable. I have a another java app on the surface and it too has a hard time scaling to the surfaces hi res display. Browsers and Windows office programs have no problem looking good and usable on the surface. Going to search the forum to find a more appropriate  topic to post under. Any guidance to the appropriate forum section would be appreciated.

Same thing I am seeing. Link works and installs, however whenever I launch the launcher it doesn't see the ISY. I am also on Windows 10 - Firewall is OFF, Defender is OFF. Java cleared.Works from browser with direct IP address and Mobilinc, Polyglot, etc all see my ISY as well.

Edited by Scottmichaelj
2 minutes ago, idkayaker said:

thanks Scott I tried it and it didn't work for me

Sorry I deleted the post and restated the response. I am having the same issue you are.

EDIT: This maybe far off but was your Win10 and upgrade or a fresh install? Mine was upgrade. Maybe theres something from old versions thats at play here.

Edited by Scottmichaelj
3 minutes ago, Scottmichaelj said:

Sorry I deleted the post and restated the response. I am having the same issue you are.

EDIT: This maybe far off but was your Win10 and upgrade or a fresh install? Mine was upgrade. Maybe theres something from old versions thats at play here.

@Scottmichaelj , I was about to ask if maybe a recent Win10 upgrade might be the cause. I understand that some have had problems with recent updates.

7 minutes ago, idkayaker said:

If windows updated it did it in the background. I'm win10 version 1803 installed on 6/9/18 build 17134.435.

13 minutes ago, dbuss said:

@Scottmichaelj , I was about to ask if maybe a recent Win10 upgrade might be the cause. I understand that some have had problems with recent updates.

Well not so much that it was updated by the OS but was the PC on an older version of Windows? I was on Win7 and then updated to Win10. Its been over a year or so though. I am running Win10Pro v1803 build 17134.285

1 minute ago, Scottmichaelj said:

Well not so much that it was updated by the OS but was the PC on an older version of Windows? I was on Win7 and then updated to Win10. Its been over a year or so though. I am running Win10Pro v1803 build 17134.285

I have two Win10 machines one is on 17134.345 and the other is on 17134.286. The ISY Launcher works on both of those.