I've a number of Windows 10 laptops around the house -- on exactly none of them does the ISY Launcher find either of my two ISYs.

There's nothing strange about my network, most of the laptops have nothing but Microsoft's built-in antivirus, and my subnet is completely standard in every way.

Perhaps if I get bored this holiday season I'll do a network capture and try to find out what the launcher does, which might provide a hint as to what's going on...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mwester said:

I've a number of Windows 10 laptops around the house -- on exactly none of them does the ISY Launcher find either of my two ISYs.

There's nothing strange about my network, most of the laptops have nothing but Microsoft's built-in antivirus, and my subnet is completely standard in every way.

Perhaps if I get bored this holiday season I'll do a network capture and try to find out what the launcher does, which might provide a hint as to what's going on...

Ditto here... with the ISY Launcher as well as the ISY Finder, since ISY V3. They have always been manually IP injected and puzzled me why they called it a "finder".

I also only used the Win 7 & 10 supplied A/V software. I stopped getting any viruses since switching to them.

Edited by larryllix
  • Like 1

Class C  (192.168.232.0/24)  with reserved DHCP for all devices on the network.  The wifi access points are all Ubiquiti devices, and everything wired (including wifi access points and the ISYs) connects to a large Netgear gigabit switch.  The router/firewall is pfsense.  There is no support for IPv6 on the in-home network, but that shouldn't make a difference.  UPnP is turned off on the ISYs.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a minor issue with one of my lights not turning off so went to open an administrator to check a program, low and behold the Administrator won't open. After doing some searches I found you have changed the way the Administrator opens. So I followed the instructions, cleared Java cache, ran the start.jnlp link etc and the results are that the launcher can't find the ISY. I can ping the ISY, I've tried rebooting it and nothing. This all used to work flawlessly, now it appears broken. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

ps. I also tried this link with exactly the same result: https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/admin.jnlp

Windows 10 / ISY 4.X (last 4 version?)

ISYLauncherProblem.thumb.png.1cd8467da1803115f19ad49d7e71fe76.png

Edited by wwat
2 minutes ago, wwat said:

I just tried both of those suggestions, nothing but error dialogue boxes.

For the URL is that simply the ISY internal ip address i.e http://192.168.1.XXX/

The error return is "Not Found"

I can ping the ISY from this Windows box and the ISY is working. Mobilinc is functioning okay.

Thanks.

You need the port # as well http://192.168.1.xxx:xxxx

9 minutes ago, markv58 said:

Can you get to it by just using a browser? IP:xxxx/WEB/udajax.htm

That worked but I was unable to install the Admin Console, the same error message.

ISYLauncherProblem2.thumb.png.bba24a52d92a0c4737dd7387d3ecf5c7.png

8 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Do you have the "secure" option enabled in ISY and your URL needs to use  https://  ?

It appears not, I double checked Mobilinc and its port 80

• 3 weeks later...

After I installed the latest Java update, the ISY launcher keeps being deleted from my Windows 10 PC. This isd what I did :

Cleared Java

Downloaded        https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp                           

It runs fine the first time but when I exit the Administrative Console "start.jnlp" has disappeared from my download folder and from desktop all together.

I have tried with both firewall and antivirus on OFF, restarted the PC but same result every time. Anyone has any suggestion ?

1 hour ago, asbril said:

Michel

I don't think that I ever had this issue before. From what I read into your comment, there is no solution ?

I’m experiencing the same thing, I couldn’t work out what was going on for quite a while until I realized that clearing the Java cache also deleted the icon. 

Is there a written procedure that we can follow to get the icon back when this happens, it would make it easier for those that no longer spend their nights on this forum and lose track of all these things.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, wwat said:

clearing the Java cache also deleted the icon. 

That part I understand, but start,jnlp disappears from the computer when  I close the Administrative Console and then I have to download start.jnlp again next time I want to open the AC......

Edited by asbril
1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@asbril,

Are you certain Java cache is enabled on your Java configuration?

With kind regards,
Michel

Yes Michel,

The Java cache was (and is) enabled.

I finally found a (weird) solution. I download the start.jnlp file in a folder (other than download, which I empty frequently). Then from that folder I moved, with my mouse, start.jnlp to the Java web launcher icon on the taskbar. Subsequently I closed the AC, restarted the computer, and start.jnlp did not disappear. Now everything is as before.

"Before" means that to start the AC I must right-click on the Java Web launcher icon and then click on Start.jnlp within the Java Web Launcher. A bit convoluted but it works. I wonder whether other Windows 10 users have experienced the same.

4 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi Seno,

Thank you. This is completely abnormal. The only reason you would lose the icon should be after a Java upgrade. So, there is indeed something wrong. Have you recently installed anyrhing on your computer?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, I have had this issue for at least a year, and both on my Windows 10 desktop pc and on my Windows 10 notebook. I can live with it, especially after my 'manoeuvre' yesterday to move start.jnlp to the java launch icon in my taskbar.

47 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

What software do you have in common between your computers

LOL Michel, Microsoft Office, Chrome, Picasa, email software, Adobe Photo software, Various Amateur Radio software (another hobby !),  Dropbox, Foscam Camera software, Skype, Slingbox, 

Don't spend any time on this Michel. It works and you have more important issues to deal with.

Edited by asbril