BETA Release 2.7.3 is now available

MikeB

Mr. Tanner,

Thanks so very much. Are you sure you are not using a cached version of the applet? I do not have this problem here (unfortunately). Please do advise.

With kind regards,

Michel

It's not a major issue, but, for your info, the Weatherbug display still has problems in version 2.7.3. The rainfall parameters that are show in "inches" now display properly, but the pressure readings that the RSS feed sends in inches still display as "mbar". For reference, the RSS feed that I'm using is "DACSC".

Mark, would you be kind enough to let me know what options you have set in the Admin Console for your IOLinc? Actually, it would be even better if you could open the event viewer (Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer) and change the level to 3. Then, please activate/deactivate/query your sensor and send me the captured logs (support@universal-devices.com).

Here are the device options:

LED on TX, Trigger Off, Timeout 2

I've generated an event log as requested and will send it to you now. It does look like the log is showing "ST 1" when sensor is queried.

--Mark

Since downloading version 2.7.3 I am experiencing far too many Request Failed and/or "Cannot Communicate With Device (Device name here). Please check connection" errors.

I'm getting this message on occasion as well. Once I got my comm issues settled a month or so ago, I did not see this message at all under 2.7.0.

Update on this: I have not seen this message recur since the initial admin run after firmware update to 2.7.3. So all appears to be well now.

--Mark

Last night I upgraded from 2.7 to 2.7.3. The process went fine. This morning, one of the lamps in my son's room did not turn off on schedule. This is not an uncommon event in that room (Insteon black hole), but this particular lamp is generally pretty reliable. The LampLinc DID turn off when I hit the KPL button on the wall. I just tried to do a device links test, and got a message saying that the table could not be read. When I tried restoring the device, this is the message I got:

device_link.jpg

I have not tried factory resetting the device yet. A link test on another random LampLinc worked perfectly. I have not tested any of my other devices, of which there are many.

Hello ResIpsa,

I do think that you have signal or device issue. Would it be possible to move this specific LL and plug it directly on the PLM and see if you still have this issue? If not, then it's signal. If so, then it's the device itself.

With kind regards,

Michel

Last night I upgraded from 2.7 to 2.7.3. The process went fine. This morning, one of the lamps in my son's room did not turn off on schedule. This is not an uncommon event in that room (Insteon black hole), but this particular lamp is generally pretty reliable. The LampLinc DID turn off when I hit the KPL button on the wall. I just tried to do a device links test, and got a message saying that the table could not be read. When I tried restoring the device, this is the message I got:

device_link.jpg

I have not tried factory resetting the device yet. A link test on another random LampLinc worked perfectly. I have not tested any of my other devices, of which there are many.

I have not been able to update to the new beta firmware release 2.7.3 from 2.7.0. The manual update starts but when it reaches "favicon.ico" an error message pops up saying "upgrade failed: invalid length." I rebooted the ISY99i through telnet but this made no difference. In the administrative console, the option to do an automatic update disappeared when I upgraded to 2.7.0. Any suggestions on how to get around the problem?

Hi Richard, apologies for the inconvenience.

This is usually caused by Firewall software. Please take a look at this forum:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewforum.php?f=3 and see if you find your firewall listed. If not, please contact us (http://www.universal-devices.com/contact.htm or 818-631-0333) and we'll upgrade it for you remotely.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have not been able to update to the new beta firmware release 2.7.3 from 2.7.0. The manual update starts but when it reaches "favicon.ico" an error message pops up saying "upgrade failed: invalid length." I rebooted the ISY99i through telnet but this made no difference. In the administrative console, the option to do an automatic update disappeared when I upgraded to 2.7.0. Any suggestions on how to get around the problem?

Not sure if this is a 2.7.3 issue or just a faulty unit but when trying to add a 2456D3 device I get the following

[-200000]Failed writing the highwater marj[n/a]

[-200000]Node not added - failed removing links[F 76 35 1]

Hi bdlhome,

2.7.3 has extended error messages (instead of the infamous Request Failed). So, what these errors are telling you is that ISY could not reliably communicate with the device and write into its device database. Is it possible that your device is not responding?

With kind regards,

Michel

Not sure if this is a 2.7.3 issue or just a faulty unit but when trying to add a 2456D3 device I get the following

[-200000]Failed writing the highwater marj[n/a]

[-200000]Node not added - failed removing links[F 76 35 1]

I have been running 2.7.3 for a few days. This morning a program that turns off my outside lights did not run. On checking, I found that the ISY-26 clock showed current date/time as Tue 4/15/1941: 4:40 am. Time should be 9:03am. It also had this program that turns my light off scheduled to run in 1977/05/21 at 5:51pm. Other programs times were also affected. They all show 1977. I went ahead and synched with computer clock and all "next scheduled run times look okay. Last run/last finish times still show 1977. I am not sure if this is a bug in the current beta.

Hello Acoba,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience. Although I have not been able to reproduce the problem here but I have received another message from another ISYer (26) with the same symptoms. As such, please do be kind enough to let me know:

1. When you synchronize with either NTP or Computer's time, does the Admin Console show the correct date/time?

2. Do you remember whether or not ISY had the correct time upon upgrade? Or, did this happen after a few days?

I think the problem may be a defective or intermittent RTC (Real Time Clock) chip but I am not sure and, as such, I would sincerely appreciate all your help.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have been running 2.7.3 for a few days. This morning a program that turns off my outside lights did not run. On checking, I found that the ISY-26 clock showed current date/time as Tue 4/15/1941: 4:40 am. Time should be 9:03am. It also had this program that turns my light off scheduled to run in 1977/05/21 at 5:51pm. Other programs times were also affected. They all show 1977. I went ahead and synched with computer clock and all "next scheduled run times look okay. Last run/last finish times still show 1977. I am not sure if this is a bug in the current beta.

1. Yes the admin console showed the correct time after synching with computer's time.

2. The time was correct after upgrade. I remember because I did a custom location under configuration after the update.

This problem occured today because my programs ran since the upadte which was done on 4/28/09

Hello Acoba,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience. Although I have not been able to reproduce the problem here but I have received another message from another ISYer (26) with the same symptoms. As such, please do be kind enough to let me know:

1. When you synchronize with either NTP or Computer's time, does the Admin Console show the correct date/time?

2. Do you remember whether or not ISY had the correct time upon upgrade? Or, did this happen after a few days?

I think the problem may be a defective or intermittent RTC (Real Time Clock) chip but I am not sure and, as such, I would sincerely appreciate all your help.

With kind regards,

Michel

Something strange happening here, too. I noticed the driveway light was on today and checked, the time and location were right but the sunset was listed as something like 2:30 in the afternoon. I sync'd to the computer's time and it seems to have fixed itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michel & team,

Just a quick post to say that I've been on 2/7/3 for awhile now..and I have to say this is the most stable, bug free version yet. Thanks and keep up the great work!

(But then, I don't have any thermostats or motion detectors... ;)

Jon

Hi Michel & team,

Just a quick post to say that I've been on 2/7/3 for awhile now..and I have to say this is the most stable, bug free version yet. Thanks and keep up the great work!

(But then, I don't have any thermostats or motion detectors... ;)

Jon

Same here. After my second download of version 2.7.3, all is well. (This was the first program update I've done and due to inexperience with the ISY I messed up something the first time!)

Mike R.

Socket Open Failed java.nio.channels.ClosedSelectorException

XML Parse Error http://x.x.x.x/desc

Lately when I login to ISY (http://www.universal-devices.com/99i) the Admin Console opens but instead of the usual login pop-up, I get the above 2 errors in pop-up windows. I then have to reboot the ISY and I can then login. This occurs on each computer, and I've tried clearing Java. Is the ISY failing? Also, HomeSeer is unable to control the lights (thru the ISY) until the ISY is rebooted and HomeSeer is restarted. The only light lit on the ISY is Power. ISY V2.7.3

Hi CJVann,

Do you have Pure Network's Network Magic running anywhere on your network. The reason you see these errors is because ISY decided that there's a denial of service attack and thus does not let anyone login (or get connected). Next time when you reboot your ISY, please login, review the logs for -1001x errors. If you see a lot of them, then that's what's causing the issue. If not, please do be kind enough to send your logs to (support@universal-devices.com).

With kind regards,

Michel

Lately when I login to ISY (http://www.universal-devices.com/99i) the Admin Console opens but instead of the usual login pop-up, I get the above 2 errors in pop-up windows. I then have to reboot the ISY and I can then login. This occurs on each computer, and I've tried clearing Java. Is the ISY failing? Also, HomeSeer is unable to control the lights (thru the ISY) until the ISY is rebooted and HomeSeer is restarted. The only light lit on the ISY is Power. ISY V2.7.3

Hi Michel,

Could my HS plug-in be triggering the ISY's DOS detection? There's been a few people using the plug-in that have seemingly random problems with network connections dropping/failing, CJVann is one of them.

There can be a lot of communication going on between the plug-in and the ISY. An example would be an event trigger in HS that causes commands to be sent to many (> 20) devices. HS is multi-threaded so these could all happen fairly quick.

Hi CJVann,

Do you have Pure Network's Network Magic running anywhere on your network. The reason you see these errors is because ISY decided that there's a denial of service attack and thus does not let anyone login (or get connected). Next time when you reboot your ISY, please login, review the logs for -1001x errors. If you see a lot of them, then that's what's causing the issue. If not, please do be kind enough to send your logs to (support@universal-devices.com).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Bob,

It is possible but only in the following cases:

1. You try to login and you provide the wrong userid/pwd 3 times in a row

2. You have long running processes which simply use up all 3 tasks which ISY uses to provide HTTP service

I think the best thing to do would be to stop HS when these occur so that we can isolate and solve the issue.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Could my HS plug-in be triggering the ISY's DOS detection? There's been a few people using the plug-in that have seemingly random problems with network connections dropping/failing, CJVann is one of them.

There can be a lot of communication going on between the plug-in and the ISY. An example would be an event trigger in HS that causes commands to be sent to many (> 20) devices. HS is multi-threaded so these could all happen fairly quick.

Hi CJVann,

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived