ISY994i freezing every couple of days

BigRic

I've had my ISY for some time. About 8 months ago, the powerline controller it was connected to (and getting power from) died. I plugged it in with a DC power supply and all seemed to be okay. Now, every couple of days (up to 3 weeks), it stops responding to Alexa commands and I'm not able to login via the admin console. I power cycle it and it comes back for a random period of time (working fine the whole time) and then the problem comes back. I've tried multiple power supplies and it does not seem to lose power at all. I recently moved to the beta firmware hoping it might fix the problem, but it still occurs. Any ideas? Where would one look as once I have to boot the device, I'm assuming any logs are gone...  Thanks in advance!

Check to make sure your not running out of ISY resources.  Do you have programs or network resources that are always running?

What model PLM are you using. Is your ISY the pro version?

What ISY firmware and UI are you running?

Your logs should still be intact after a reboot. A factory reset will probably wipe them out.  Take a look at your error log.

@BigRic Make sure you have a good, recent backup.  I had to pull the power on my ISY a few times due to lockups and it eventually started corrupting (truncating) files.  Once that happens, future backups will fail, and you'll either need to solve the problem yourself (replace the file from an older backup, like I did) or you may just lose all recent changes.

@Michel Kohanim- thanks for the email reference. Just sent a copy off to you. Only thing odd to me is the DNS errors (I've changed them to another resolver, but not sure it's related). Thanks to the other for their responses too. @rccoleman- I've got backups from many, many dumps but since it occurred both before and after the upgrade, my guess is I'd have to start over if corruption is the issue. My environment is not very complex, so I could do that. Just hate to have to start over if it can be avoided.

Archived