Programs missing from ISY

Last night, I came home and discovered that the sunset programs didn't run on the ISY-99i. When I checked the GUI, I discovered that all the programs were gone. The config page and the device list were still there.

I tried a restore and it says it is loading programs for a long time but nothing shows up. Conversely, I checked the PLM status and it wasn't connected; an unplug and plug in fixed that. But the devices all show an exclamation point.

I am on software .270. Is my PLM bad or the ISY?

-Larry

Hello Larry,

Apologies for the inconvenience. If ISY shows PLM as not connected, then there's surely a problem with the PLM or the cable that connects ISY to the PLM.

And now since you cannot control any of your devices, I am very much convinced that it's the PLM.

How old is your PLM and would it be possible to request for a replacement unit? Also, do you suspect that there has been a power surge?

With kind regards,

Michel

Last night, I came home and discovered that the sunset programs didn't run on the ISY-99i. When I checked the GUI, I discovered that all the programs were gone. The config page and the device list were still there.

I tried a restore and it says it is loading programs for a long time but nothing shows up. Conversely, I checked the PLM status and it wasn't connected; an unplug and plug in fixed that. But the devices all show an exclamation point.

I am on software .270. Is my PLM bad or the ISY?

-Larry

Hello Michel,

The PLM, which was bought as a package from Smarthome, is six months old. Does this explain why there are no programs listed also? I had at least nine programs in the ISY before this.

I'm not sure there has been a power surge; at various times I have been able to send fast on and fast off commands, and while testing, one of my scenes lit. So, it might be a partial problem with the PLM, but the loss of the programs baffles me. When I do a restore from backup, doesn't it restore the programs also?

Thank you,

-Larry

Hello Larry,

Your programs are NOT lost. ISY is simply in safe mode (which means it cannot communicate with the PLM) and thus does not let you access your programs. When you get the replacement PLM, you will see your programs reappear.

Please do make sure to follow this procedure after you get your new PLM:

1. Reboot ISY with the new PLM

2. Let it complete its start up query

3. Open the Event Viewer (Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer ... choose level 3)

4. Click on File | Replace Modem (PLM)

5. If the process does not fully complete, send us the log from Event Viewer

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Michel,

The PLM, which was bought as a package from Smarthome, is six months old. Does this explain why there are no programs listed also? I had at least nine programs in the ISY before this.

I'm not sure there has been a power surge; at various times I have been able to send fast on and fast off commands, and while testing, one of my scenes lit. So, it might be a partial problem with the PLM, but the loss of the programs baffles me. When I do a restore from backup, doesn't it restore the programs also?

Thank you,

-Larry

Archived