ISY Slow processing during changes

James Peterson

• 1 year later...

Hi Michel - This same thing is happening to me. It takes FOREVER when I make an update to a device - Upwards of 10 minutes per device.

I looked at my programs tab, per your advice and I didn't see anything running, or any nodes with 1011 etc.

Do you have any further advice? It literally has taken hours to program a 6 button Insteon switch and I'm not compete yet?

Thank You

-Perry

Thank you for the quick response Michel. All of the devices that have the 1011 icons (in grey) are Insteon Mini remotes. I tried what you mentioned however they still have the 1011 next to them. Is there something I need to do differently to update Remotes?

Thanks again,

-Perry

1 minute ago, PFatuova said:

Is there something I need to do differently to update Remotes?

The remotes, as all with battery-only powered devices, need to be put in linking mode for them to receive the updates. To put the remote in linking mode, press the button on the bottom of the remote until the light starts blinking. Once the remote is in linking mode, right click on the device and select "write updates to device".

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to take this into account when writing updates?

In my case there is a ZW device that I had unplugged/offline which causes this, so not sure why it affects updating an Insteon switch just because some other device doesn't have updates.

Anyways, it seems that a workaround is to temporarily disable any device with 1011 icons which will make updates faster.

8 hours ago, brians said:

Is it possible to take this into account when writing updates?

In my case there is a ZW device that I had unplugged/offline which causes this, so not sure why it affects updating an Insteon switch just because some other device doesn't have updates.

Anyways, it seems that a workaround is to temporarily disable any device with 1011 icons which will make updates faster.

The isy is not aware of an unplugged device so it will still attempt to do its job by wiring to that device. This week slow down both protocols since the isy is still controlling the whole system. 

The best way around this would be to either leave the device plugged in or disable removed devices do it will skip it. 

Upgrading to the pro version allowed you to disable writing to wireless devices

Archived