Rainmachine FW updates of interest

paulbates

There's a new rainmachine rom

Of interest are:

• - Added Local Weather Push API that allows weather data to be pushed to RainMachine either on local network or from other services.
    • Personally don't need it but rainmachine users with a local weather station may want to check this out

• - Added back the local plain HTTP access by port 8081 as it was used on several 3rd party integrations.
    • I think this was in the last beta. Its official now

If my current wifi setup didn't work as well as it does I would consider the 5ghz wifi card option

Paul

Here's the post:

Spring 2019 RainMachine devices firmware update (change log)
- Added Pause feature that allows to temporarily pause watering for a certain amount. 
- Added Finish Before/After Sunrise or Sunset as program start time.
- Added Local Weather Push API that allows weather data to be pushed to RainMachine either on local network or from other services.
- Fix for Weather Underground not able to read historical data from certain stations.
- Added Rotors High Rate for the higher precipitation rate rotors sprinkler type.
- Added back the local plain HTTP access by port 8081 as it was used on several 3rd party integrations.

RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 Family:
- Added dynamic support for changing the WIFI modules. This is limited by a list of known modules that we know to be working but it can be extended.
- Added support for dual-band (5GHz) WIFI adapters based on RealTek 8814 chipset.

I've been running this software for a few weeks, but as I still have snow on the ground, I can't speak to how the controller is behaving in service.

1 hour ago, paulbates said:

Added Local Weather Push API that allows weather data to be pushed to RainMachine either on local network or from other services.

For those who have a WeatherFlow weather station, the Local Weather Push is available to you, care of @bpwwer.  It works like a charm!

Archived