Alext not talking to ISY

FarmerGeek

I don't know if this belongs here or in the ISY thread.  My Alexa is not talking to my ISY994. It all fell apart about 3 months ago when I get a new phone and tried to get MobiLink pro working.  Was told that I need to change the skill to Mobilinc.  Did that and that is when Alexa and ISY stopped talking.  When I go Alexa and I see all the devices but Alexa and ISY are not talking.  Did not get any support from Mobilink and they were taking me through the cloud which I did not need to do before and did not want, call me paranoid, and had to pay.  Anyway changed back to ISY Optimized for Smart Home V3. Again I can "see" all the devices but Alexa says the hub is not responding.   

How can I trouble shoot the Alexa to ISY issue to get the two of them talking?

Is there a mobile app that will work with the ISY Smart Home skill? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, FarmerGeek said:

I don't know if this belongs here or in the ISY thread.  My Alexa is not talking to my ISY994. It all fell apart about 3 months ago when I get a new phone and tried to get MobiLink pro working.  Was told that I need to change the skill to Mobilinc.  Did that and that is when Alexa and ISY stopped talking.  When I go Alexa and I see all the devices but Alexa and ISY are not talking.  Did not get any support from Mobilink and they were taking me through the cloud which I did not need to do before and did not want, call me paranoid, and had to pay.  Anyway changed back to ISY Optimized for Smart Home V3. Again I can "see" all the devices but Alexa says the hub is not responding.   

How can I trouble shoot the Alexa to ISY issue to get the two of them talking?

Is there a mobile app that will work with the ISY Smart Home skill? 

Thanks

How did you have it set up prior? Were you using an emulator before or the ISY Portal? Unless you use an emulator you would need to use either UDI's portal (V3 connects to) which is cloud based and a subscription or mobilinc's which is cloud based and a subscription. Either way with Alexa being cloud based you'll still have your stuff going through the cloud. 

We need to know how you handled things prior as that would be the way to get you up and running again. 

I set this up several years ago so here is what I remember.  Yes I know that using Alexa is going through the cloud. I want to limit my exposure. On the 994 I have ISY portal installed.  If I remember correctly this is how I had it to start with. On Alexa I can "see" all the devices, they don't respond.  Right now I also show "Portal Integration - Mobilink Connect" installed but don't know how to remove it. 

h

Here are the last 9 entries on the ISY

Wed 2019/06/05 12:01:39 AM    System    -50001    -16    
Wed 2019/06/05 12:42:58 AM    System    -140000    dispatcher.mobilincconnect.com    
Wed 2019/06/05 01:31:42 AM    System    -140005    CLI-HAMW    
Wed 2019/06/05 04:11:42 AM    System    -140000    dispatcher.mobilincconnect.com    
Wed 2019/06/05 04:31:41 AM    System    -140005    CLI-HAMW    
Thu 2019/06/06 12:01:31 AM    System    -50001    -6    
Thu 2019/06/06 09:01:26 AM    System    -140005    CLI-HAMW    
Thu 2019/06/06 10:01:25 AM    System    -140005    CLI-HAMW    
Thu 2019/06/06 11:01:24 AM    System    -140005    CLI-HAMW    

I had this problem a few months ago when I first was trying to use a phone app, everything was fine until I installed Mobilinc and subscribed to their portal.  THen Alexa quit working when it was just the UDI portal I was subscribed to.  I went to UDI support page opened a ticket, requested they cancel/disconnect Mobilinc portal.  They were very prompt and I was talking to Alexa again in about an hour from contactinf them.  I ended up using Agave for phone app, no more problems. Hope this helps.

It would be whatever your user name password is for your UDI account.  If you look top right on that page, hit the drop down menu, at bottom of drop down is link to "My Account".  Login or create one if you don't have already.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

@FarmerGeek,

It seems that you have DNS problems:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#DNS_Error

With kind regards,
Michel

I do have the ISY on a static address.  Have always had a static adders.  I do have a the address space split into reserved for static devices, have several, and assignable by DHCP.  When I switch to the UDI for smart home skill Alexa is able to find all my devices, just can't command any of the devices.  Based on other comments I think I need to get the Mobilink skill removed.  If you see in one of my other comments the username (email) and password I use to log in to this forum does not work.

• 1 year later...

Archived