Installed ISY portal on new ISY but Can Not Connect to Mobilinc Through Portal

Flex

I have set my new ISY to match the settings as described in the thread titled "Installed ISY portal now can't connect to Mobilinc"

in the mobilinc app, In controller info I have; (note quotes for clarity are not entered into mobilinc app )

Under host type I have "ISY"

Username is the email my portal account is under

Password is my portal account password

Local http:// "is blank"

Local port is "80" (I wouldn't think that would matter with the Local http blank)

Secure https://:"my.isy.io" ( now I also tried this without the colon between the last / and the word my....

Secure port "443"

Connect method "Auto (HTTPS)" setting this to HTTPS does not work either.

Upon trying to sync the Mobilinc app presents Error Code: 0 ... A connection error has occurred.

Now I have no problem establishing a local connection with this ISY 994i using the user/password in this ISY itself, with its local IP address.

Also I can see it from my portal account and it says it is connected.

This ISY never had Mobilinc connect installed, as this is a new ISY.

So what am I missing here?

Thanks,

Jerry

Yes, I purchased the ISY Portal subscription for this ISY. I have the Mobilinc Connect subscription on another ISY and it has worked mostly fine for a number of years now. But I wanted to try the portal for the features it can provide, and also hoping for a more robust connection to the ISY.

And to confirm; Username is the email my portal account is under, and the Password is my portal account password.

Leaving both the local port blank and the using the secure connect to (https) does not work. That was my very first configuration that I tried. And note also, that the local IP address is static and the connect to internet is turned off for this (actually all my) ISY(s). No ports are forwarded for this ISY.

Again,  I have no problem establishing a local connection to Mobilinc with this ISY 994i using the user/password in this ISY itself, with its local IP address. And I can see it from my portal account and it says it is connected.

Regards,

Jerry

Yes, I purchased the ISY Portal subscription for this ISY. I have the Mobilinc Connect subscription on another ISY and it has worked mostly fine for a number of years now. But I wanted to try the portal for the features it can provide, and also hoping for a more robust connection to the ISY.
And to confirm; Username is the email my portal account is under, and the Password is my portal account password.
Leaving both the local port blank and the using the secure connect to (https) does not work. That was my very first configuration that I tried. And note also, that the local IP address is static and the connect to internet is turned off for this (actually all my) ISY(s). No ports are forwarded for this ISY.
Again,  I have no problem establishing a local connection to Mobilinc with this ISY 994i using the user/password in this ISY itself, with its local IP address. And I can see it from my portal account and it says it is connected.
Regards,
Jerry

Have you entered the UUID of the ISY?

(There should not be a colon in front of my.isy.io)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironically, I DO have external port forwarded to the ISY, but it is not 443.

It sure sounds to me as if you are doing everything correctly.  Given you show connected at the portal web page, it strikes me as an issue with the portal.  If you haven’t already, I would confirm that you UUID matches that of the portal and of your device.

From the Moblilinc app I have everything entered as specified except that, unless I establish a local connection first there isn't a way to enter the UUID of the ISY. In the app it says "SYNCING" where the UUID should be.

The app will not allow me to to overwrite the word "SYNCING" with the UUID of this ISY. Now when I did the local connection via local IP the UUID was automatically filled in once I tapped to sync with the ISY. But in that case the Mobilinc app was pointed to the ISY by the local IP address and port. What I don't know is how the Portal knows which ISY to connect to, other than by the portal user name and password. Which to me presents a problem if a person has more than one ISY on the portal.

All,

I figured out what was missing. I found you have to designate the ISY, you want Mobilinc to connect to, to be your preferred ISY from the Portal account. Once I did this, it connected right away. And it filled in the UUID in the app. Now once that UUID is established, i would assume that if a second ISY is to be connected with Mobilnc, via portal, you would have to go into your Portal account and designate that ISY to be your preferred ISY. Google was helpful in this regard. I hope you can have multiple ISYs connected to Mobilinc via the Portal under one Portal user account.

Thanks for your replies and I hope this helps other ISY users.

Jerry

Archived