ISY intermittent connection timeouts

Hello All,

For while now I've been having issues when I would re-sync my ISY in the eKeypad app where my ISY scenes, tasks, etc. would disappear which makes it difficult when I am constantly playing around and creating new programs.  I have been working with Jayson at eKeypad for while trying to resolve this.  This weekend he was logging into my ISY to troubleshoot this and he noticed I was having frequent intermittent connection timeouts.  We think this is causing my re-sync problems as it is possible the ISY timesout while trying to re-sync.

I recently installed a new router, but I have been having this issue (re-syncing) long before the new router so I am wondering if I have setup something wrong. 

Has anyone else had this timeout issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

Any thoughts on troubleshooting it would be helpful as well.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not getting much movement on this so I am attaching Jayson’s reply since it is possible I didn’t explain the issue well enough.  Again I appreciate any assistance on how to troubleshoot this issue.

Jayson’s response:

“I am starting to suspect that the issues you are seeing are being caused by a problem with the network between eKeypad and your ISY. Possibly with your ISY. The intermittent connection timeouts seem to have pretty often and when I can connect, I get a constant stream of abrupt disconnections that originate from outside the iPhone.

These timeouts and disconnects are affecting the re-sync process after it remove the old data, but prevents the query of the new data from completing. This leaves eKeypad in a state where it does not thing you have anything configured (i.e. everything disappears).

I have added a number of improvements to the re-sync process but the best I can do with instability during the configuration query is to perform it again the next time you launch.”

Scott

Michel,

I can't make heads or tails of this error log, but I am getting a lot of them for various different things. The only one I remotely understand what it might be talking about is "CLI-HAMW", but I still don't know how to address the error. I have attached the log for everyone to review.  I created tabs for 2018 and 2019 for ease of sorting.  It is apparent that I have been having errors since I have installed the ISY.  Can you, or anyone for that matter, help me understand these errors?

Any help that you or the community can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

ISY Error Log.v5.0.15__Thu 2019.08.22 20.54.08.txt

@smcross03,

1. You are being hacked. Since you have ISY Portal, please REMOVE all port forwarding rules to ISY and use ISY Portal to access your ISY remotely
2. There are many instances of DNS/DHCP errors. I suspect that when you remove your port forwarding rules, these will be resolved as well

For others who are reading this post, for the past month, we have had an unusually HIGH number of folks contacting us with the same exact issue. It seems that hackers have doubled down on hacking things behind firewalls. It's quite nasty.

With kind regards,
Michel

Hey Mike,

Thank you for reviewing this. I actually did this last night. I’ll see if it clears up the log.  Do you think this is just an ISY port issue or do I need to stop forwarding for my cameras and ELK as well?  I also don’t know if this will fix my original issue of re-syncing with eKeypad app which is what started me down this rabbit hole to begin with.

Regards,

Scott

Archived