Six button keypad with Fanlic

Bmartin15

Hello all, 

I have tried to program my six button keypad to control my light and fans.  I have read articles and tried to duplicate things but here I am.  Right now i have a keypad set up where if i hit the on button i can get lights on but can't control the fan or anything else.  I have no clue how to control the on and off button because when i hit off it basically shuts off the fanlic motor and light of.  No clue what to do to get this all working.  I want the on and off button to control the lights but not shut off the fan if it was on.  On top of this i would like my google to be able to control the fan (i can do the lights now).  Below is what i have that i tried to start setting up again- i have deleted it and started over several times.  Does anyone have anything that walks me all the way through with screen shots.  I get confused on the button toggle etc.  I actually don't see an "off" control either.

image.png.a0cabb85ec70fff84ef055b805a80bc0.png

image.png.daf2b5e6ad873306447e39b492d8bab6.png

image.thumb.png.d9f64d0f4313a2f4db368a78dc6e3f15.png

I have 5 fans paired with a 6-button keypad and 1 fan paired with a 6-button keypad and a dimmer. The link to the guide that I used is attached below. They were setup back when my ISY994i has v4.7.3 firmware. I recently upgraded to v5.0.15A (Beta) so I don't know if there are any differences. You basically have to create scenes for the 4 fan buttons and 2 light buttons.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY994i:INSTEON_Device:FanLinc-KPL_FanLinc_KeypadLinc_Configuration

Sounds like you have the power to the fan attached to the kpl load wire which is incorrect. The fanlinc requires constant power. 

You need to disconnect the wire that is currently connected to the kpls red load wire. That wire then gets capped off. 

You'll then need to connect the wire that goes to the fanlinc to the hot wire so that it's constantly getting power. Once done, the fanlinc gets configured to the kpl for your lights and fan

Archived