Confused :-O Polyglot Cloud appear to run, but no nodes?

GPritchard

I am confused ?

I have an ISY994i/Z Pro, and I've purchased ISY Portal.  I can log into Portal just fine, see my ISY status, view log-files, etc.  From my ISY Admin console, I can see "Node Servers"  -> "ISY Portal".  So, all this looks good.  I've linked to Amazon/Alexa, and voice-commands work nicely.

But more:  I was intrigued by the Polyglot (cloud) link in the Portal, so I explored... "Open Polyglot".  This authenticated me and appeared to work fine.

Having a Darksky API key for many years, and thinking that the nodes/values could be interesting and useful, I click-installed this from the Store, and set about configuring it:  Location, APIKey, Units and Elevation.  These Custom settings didn't appear right away, so I may have re--re-re-re-entered them until they did show on-screen.  The "Details" tab for this Nodeserver shows sensible data, so I believe I have provide complete, accurate data to this Nodeserver.

But what happens now?  Within my ISY994, I should see the Darksky Node(s) right?  These forums suggest 8 nodes, with 7 being forecasts and a good set of Current Conditions.  But I have nothing :-(

Further, I tried to Stop and Delete this Darksky Nodeserver, but it never, ever goes away and it persists in always running.  I then sought to "force reinstall" the Darksky Nodeserver, but it cleverly re-installed in my next available slot (3), yet never appears...???

So, I am confused!  There seems to be many facets to my confusion, so I'll try to separate them:

1)  I wonder why the Darksky Nodeserver doesn't appear in my ISY?  Did I miss some "connection" I have to add?

2)  With an apparently-successful data-acquisition from DarkSky, is it fair to assume to my Darksky nodeserver is correctly/completely configured?  Will I face issues with the multiple entries for each setting?  Any idea why I had to re-enter stuff many times, before it became visible on-screen?

3)  How can I stop / start / delete this apparently unresponsive-yet-happliy-running Darksky nodeserver?

4)  How can I view and eliminate my duplicate Nodeserver, apparently in a slot which I cannot see by any means?

I *am* very confused ?

(EDIT:  ISY is happily running version 5.0.15a)

(EDIT 2:  Scrolling to the bottom of the Nodes, I find that Node 8 appears to be a duplicate of Node 1, with an earlier date - Oct 3, when I first began playing around.  This seems wrong...)

darksky_polycloud.png

isy_no_darksky_polycloud.png

polycloud.png

3 hours ago, gordonp said:

But what happens now?  Within my ISY994, I should see the Darksky Node(s) right?  These forums suggest 8 nodes, with 7 being forecasts and a good set of Current Conditions.  But I have nothing :-(

Further, I tried to Stop and Delete this Darksky Nodeserver, but it never, ever goes away and it persists in always running.  I then sought to "force reinstall" the Darksky Nodeserver, but it cleverly re-installed in my next available slot (3), yet never appears...???

So, I am confused!  There seems to be many facets to my confusion, so I'll try to separate them:

1)  I wonder why the Darksky Nodeserver doesn't appear in my ISY?  Did I miss some "connection" I have to add?

2)  With an apparently-successful data-acquisition from DarkSky, is it fair to assume to my Darksky nodeserver is correctly/completely configured?  Will I face issues with the multiple entries for each setting?  Any idea why I had to re-enter stuff many times, before it became visible on-screen?

3)  How can I stop / start / delete this apparently unresponsive-yet-happliy-running Darksky nodeserver?

4)  How can I view and eliminate my duplicate Nodeserver, apparently in a slot which I cannot see by any means?

I *am* very confused ?

(EDIT:  ISY is happily running version 5.0.15a)

(EDIT 2:  Scrolling to the bottom of the Nodes, I find that Node 8 appears to be a duplicate of Node 1, with an earlier date - Oct 3, when I first began playing around.  This seems wrong...)

I can understand your confusion as something has gone wrong. Your understanding of should have happened appears correct.

1) Polyglot cloud is supposed to install the node server to the ISY and create the nodes there.  Based on your screen shots, that never happened.  There may information in the DarkSky node server log to explain why.  Without more information, I can't even make a guess as to why it failed.  Have you restarted the admin console since installing the node server?  The admin console does need to be restarted as some of the installed node server files are only read when the admin console is started.

2) I believe you should be able to delete any duplicate configuration entries. But they shouldn't cause any issues and if the nodes display from the Polyglot dashboard looks like it's updating the data, then, yes, it is correctly configured.  I'm not sure why you had to re-enter the configuration multiple times, that's not normal.

3) Someone with more knowledge of how Polyglot cloud works will probably have to help here. Those buttons should be doing what they say.  Again, checking the log may provide some additional information.

4) This seems to be tied to #3, but I'm not sure. Based on your screen shots, it looks like you're only running one instance of the node server.

EDIT 2)  It is possible to confuse Polygot as it doesn't always do a good job of cleaning things up when something goes wrong.   I know I've had my local Polyglot database get into corrupted states that make working with it difficult until it's manually cleaned up.  But I have no idea if that's possible with Polyglot cloud, or how you'd clean it up if it does happen.

I have tried to install the ambient weather nodeserver. It shows up on PGC and shows and in the admin console after uploading nodeserver config in the web UI. However, PGC shows it as not connected.  PGC ambient log shows error below.

Additionally, I see no way to add the api key.

Successfully built pgc-interface AWSIoTPythonSDK
Installing collected packages: AWSIoTPythonSDK, pgc-interface
Successfully installed AWSIoTPythonSDK-1.4.7 pgc-interface-1.1.9
WARNING: You are using pip version 19.1.1, however version 19.2.3 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
2019-10-13 17:04:53,182 [MainThread] [INFO ] PGC Interface 1.1.9 Starting...
2019-10-13 17:04:53,306 [MainThread] [ERROR] Traceback (most recent call last):
2019-10-13 17:04:53,307 [MainThread] [ERROR] File "./ambientweather-poly.py", line 9, in <module>
2019-10-13 17:04:53,307 [MainThread] [ERROR] from aiohttp import ClientSession
2019-10-13 17:04:53,307 [MainThread] [ERROR] ModuleNotFoundError
2019-10-13 17:04:53,308 [MainThread] [ERROR] No module named 'aiohttp'

As for deleting nodes in admin and PGC, I find that I need to delete it through admin before I can delete it on PGC

John

On 10/11/2019 at 8:26 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi everyone,

We are looking into it.

With kind regards,
Michel

I'm experiencing problems with Polyglot Cloud similar to those that occurred earlier in the week.  I can't get PGC nodeservers to install, delete, restart, display logs, etc.

For me, this is an evolving situation (in an unhappy direction):

Disconnected from Portal

To try to diagnose or resolve my situation, I removed my ISY from the Portal.  That went well.

Re-Connected to Portal

A modest time later, I added my ISY to the Portal.  This went well.  Two key things (key, because they will be contradicted later):

1)  In the Portal, I've attached a screenshot showing the GREEN "connected" dot, firmware version 5.0.15(a), etc.

2)  In the ISY Admin Console, I see that I am "Registered" under Portal Integration, and showing under Active Services.

Try To Do Stuff

I have an Echo Dot, and Amazon integration was working when I started this thread, just about a week ago.  But not now :-( Since this was a new ISY-to-Portal connection, I tried to adjust my Alexa Devices and Spokens.  As I added devices and scenes, after just a few additions, a pop-up message says my ISY is not online / HTTP Error 0.  Yet, at the same time, both the Portal and my ISY say they remain connected...?

To further diagnose, I have Agave running on my Android phone, with port-forward remote-access (I've used this for a long time).  I can adjust any device using either the Admin Console or Agave, and the correct status is displayed on the other... This occurs at the same time that the ISY says not online but the green "online" dot shows.  That is, remote-access and remote-control seem to work fine, but not when the Portal is involved.

When I attempt to use my Echo, I get messages like "Device not responding".  I've dis-abled and re-enabled the ISY v3 skill, granted access to UDI Portal, re-run "Discover Devices" (which does work!), but the control I formerly enjoyed is now gone.

Circling back to Polyglot, where this thread began, I try to access Polyglot Cloud from the Portal.  But no luck :-( The "Loading" and spinning circle persist forever, and in the background I see a red Nodeservers Offline message... while at the same time the Portal and ISY say I'm Online/Connected.

Summary for Today

I am more confused.  Less is working (Alexa, Portal) and conflicting status appears (Polyglot Cloud = Offline, but ISY/Portal = Connected).  My ISY system works by itself as it has, and Agave continues to provide direct-to-ISY control as it has (local and remote).  The Clouds are unhappy, it would seem.

Certainly, I would appreciate any suggestions to counter-act the backsliding, and regain both a happy Portal and a working Alexa.  I think I've tried everything I found in forums, but things are even less-good now.

Thanks, everyone!

ISY_registered_Portal.png

ISY_Portal_integrated.png

Portal_looks_good.png

@Michel Kohanim:

I appreciate the suggestion - I had both TCP and UDP forwarded to my ISY (port 4433, to prevent conflicts with my home-web-server on port 443).

For testing, I disabled forwarding this morning when I read your suggestion.  I don't notice substantial changes, although there are some subtle changes (Alexa works about 1/2 the time, Configuration > NodeServer > Upload defintion works about 1/2 the time, etc.  I'm attaching a screenshot of one typical failure, where my ISY shows online, but behaves like offline for a short while.

I cleared my error logfile yesterday, so the past 24hrs are more-digestible.  But there are a lot of repeating portions, like the top few lines in this recent log-file extract preceeding and immediately after node-upload and reboot:

2019/10/17 10:48:06  System    -10108	Check log
2019/10/17 10:48:06  System    -170001	
[Auth:-10103] 50.16.128.201:443->33352, Num=10
2019/10/17 10:48:06  System    -10108	Check log
2019/10/17 10:48:07  System    -170001	
[Auth:-10103] 50.16.128.201:443->33352, Num=10
2019/10/17 10:48:07  System    -10108	Check log
2019/10/17 10:54:09  System    -5	Start
2019/10/17 10:54:14  System    -110022	/DEF/F6/I1/NLS/EN_US.TXT
2019/10/17 10:54:16  System    -7153	ID 0002 :err=0, tag='/group', num=20, nest=5, o
2019/10/17 10:54:18  System    -7115	ID 0048 :err=0, tag='cmd', num=4, nest=4, offse
2019/10/17 10:54:20  System    -170001	[Network] Established

It may be telling that when I use the Portal, and try Information > ISY Information, the result is most-often blank (screenshot attached).  For completeness, and because it may be informative, I'm also attaching a successful ISY Information screenshot, with some IP-address portions cut out.

In the Portal, when I hit Refresh, the green-dot *does* change to gray, and show my ISY as offline, where it was online and working a moment earlier.  Just as mysteriously and transiently, after several Refresh clicks, my ISY appears back online again - at this moment, I can usually succeed in whatever query or adjustment I make.  This includes successfully logging into Polyglot cloud, where my original situation remains:  Darksky nodeserver can't be stopped or deleted, and although data is present in Polyglot Cloud, no nodes show in my ISY.

I suppose it is good that my original problem with PGC is stable :-) But it's hard when it's only intermittently accessible.

Perhaps at the root of my Polyglot issue is this "Portal flapping" I am experiencing.  But I am unclear on the cause, or remedial steps I could take to make the Portal rock-solid.  For now, removing port-forward isn't "solving" the flapping.

Thanks again for the easy DIY-at-home suggestion to remove the port-forwarding...

upload_nodes_definition.png

isy_info_fail.png

information_succeeds.png

Well, last Friday (Oct 18), things were remarkably better, without any action on my part!

Alexa was responding well.

my.isy.io felt snappy, and didn't periodically drop offline

Polyglot Cloud shared the same OnLine status as my.isy.io and for the first time ever:  the buttons worked!  Suddenly I could stop, start, and delete my DarkSky Nodeserver!  Wonder of wonders :-)  So, I recreated and configured DarkSky through PGC, and things worked well.

Through the weekend, there were some hiccups, but generally everything kept working and today (Monday, 3 days later) I have no complaints at all :-)

Weird and Weirder :-O

• 6 months later...

I am experiencing the EXACT same issues that you described above. This all started after I made the poor mistake of updating my ISY Portal password. After that, everything went to h3ll!

So this issue just went away? This is so frustrating. I have a case open with UDI, but no progress so far. 

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@ryan.mercer,

Not sure I understand. Your ticket is waiting for your reply.

With kind regards,
Michel

Hi Michel, my question was directed towards the OP regarding the issue just going away. Incidentally (or coincidentally), my ticket was updated shortly after my posting.

What I found to resolve my issue was deleting all of the nodeservers in polyglot cloud. After a small period of time, the missing ISY portal nodeserver returned in slot 1 and I was finally able to sync correctly with the ISY. I then re-added another nodeserver, and it synched correctly with my ISY. 

Archived