Copy Main Scene Attributes to All Member Controllers?...

Hello,

I've just upgraded to 5.0.16 RC1 from 4.7.3, need to rebuild some scenes....and the first thing that I bump into is that the Copy Scene Attributes function of 4.7.3 seems missing from V5.  Am I not seeing something, or is this function not yet available in the 5 branch?...

Thanks,

- Snibley

• 11 months later...
30 minutes ago, BJB2757 said:

It would be nice if at least insteon scene attributes could be copied, so at least we’d have the same functionality as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has already been discussed.  In order to work with other stuff, it had to be removed. Isy is no longer about just insteon but a collective of different technologies. Unfortunately, it's the price of advancement. 

I'm excited about the advancement, I upgraded to 5.x because I want to take advantage of the new stuff!  But still, I'm sure technically it would be possible, and it certainly would be extremely helpful, to have a function in the firmware that propagates Insteon scene attributes, and ignores all other scene attributes.

4 minutes ago, BJB2757 said:

I'm excited about the advancement, I upgraded to 5.x because I want to take advantage of the new stuff!  But still, I'm sure technically it would be possible, and it certainly would be extremely helpful, to have a function in the firmware that propagates Insteon scene attributes, and ignores all other scene attributes.

It was tried. Caused too many problems. 

100% support bring this back!
2 hours ago, BJB2757 said:

It's missing so that you can have the new stuff such as integrated nodeservers and zwave with insteon. If using only insteon is what matters 4.8 is sufficient. You can't say give me new but only want the focus to be on old.

Unfortunately progress means some things that made stuff easy is lost in the process. 

Archived