BETA Release 2.7.6 is now available

MikeB

Rand,

1. The admin console indicates my KPL Dimmer is V.26. How does this relate to the 1.65? Do i need to pull out the KPL to see a version number? Does the restriction that you mention about old KPLs explain why I see the A button when highlighting the Remotelinc but not when i highlight the KPL H button?

My v1.65 has firmware v.2A. You can find the hardware version on a sticker on the front of the switch, under the switchplate. Unfortunately we do not have a list of hardware/firmware revisions. Yes, that would be why the device cannot be adjusted from another button.

2. As far as you know, is this hardware issue fixed in later KPLs? Is this something I should discuss with Smarthome (and see if they'll replace the KPL with a newer version)?

I don't know if this has been fixed. I honestly have never heard of this before. Perhaps it's only in this specific firmware. I would say yes, please phone Smarthome. I am curious to know if they have heard of this.

Thanks for the help!

Scott

You are welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Rand,

You were curious what Smarthome would tell me about the strange functionality of my KPL Dimmer. I was told that it is not a known problem and given that I bought the KPL in 2005, they're not interested in testing or exchanging it.

Scott

If I want a program to force the LED off on a Keypadlinc button (any button other than the 'A' button), I can create a scene, put the button into the scene as a Responder and then put a line in the program to turn the scene Off.

But I can't simply put a line in the program to turn the KPL button Off. Only the KPL's 'A' button exists as an Insteon Action when editing programs. Does this have something to do with my KPL's firmware (v.26) or is there some other reason?

If the KPL button is a responder in a scene (button 'B', 'C', etc) with a Remotelinc button as a controller, when I press Off on the Remotelinc button, the KPL button's LED goes off. Shouldn't I be able to directly program this same functionality?

Scott

But I can't simply put a line in the program to turn the KPL button Off. Only the KPL's 'A' button exists as an Insteon Action when editing programs. Does this have something to do with my KPL's firmware (v.26) or is there some other reason?

Unfortunately this is necessary for all current KPL versions.

Ok... I tried to upgrade last night, but it did not work.

I have 2.7.0 and I installed a garage kit from SH so I needed the upgrade for the kit to work.

I down loaded the 2.7.6 zip, but when I selected it from the manual upgrade window, it said something like it was not compatible. I looked around last night and this morning but have not seen why.

I have Norton and I did not think to disable it last night. Would Norton cause this or is there something else that I have over looked here?

Please help!

Lee

There are 2 different firmware downloads - one for the ISY-26, one for the ISY-99. Make sure you have downloaded the correct file for yoru ISY.

I would definitely recommend disabling Norton before the upgrade.

You were correct! I went for the first one which was for the 26.

I downloaded the 2.7.6 beta and have tried to update my 2.7.0 installation...but every time, I get "Upgrade Failed; Invalid Length". I mistakenly downloaded the -26 version initially, but realized my mistake and downloaded (3 times) the -99 version. But, after backing up and selecting the insteon.zip file, I get the same error. Any ideas why? Thanks!

I downloaded the 2.7.6 beta and have tried to update my 2.7.0 installation...but every time, I get "Upgrade Failed; Invalid Length". I mistakenly downloaded the -26 version initially, but realized my mistake and downloaded (3 times) the -99 version. But, after backing up and selecting the insteon.zip file, I get the same error. Any ideas why? Thanks!

Do you have your firewall turned off?

Hi btlalum,

As AnthemAVM suggested, you might want to make sure ISY is playing nice with your firewall. In this forum, you will find a list of all firewall software and remedies thereto:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewforum.php?f=3

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi...

Thanks to both you and AnthemAVM for the replies.

Yes, I had Kaspersky AV (8.0...I used "Pause Protection" from the pop-up menu in the task bar...should I have completely stopped it?) turned off, having seen the comments earlier in this topic about those kinds of issues...I'm assuming you're both talking about a firewall on the machine in question rather than the firewall/router that connects my LAN to the internet. I don't have any other firewall software running on that particular computer.

No doubt I'm doing something less-than-clever, but I'm not quite sure what to try next, so any guidance is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Joel

Along the lines of what Michel and AnthemAVM suggested, I had "Paused" KAV when trying to do the upgrade to 2.7.6....with the attendant failure. By actually exiting KAV, the upgrade went just fine....so it's somewhat unclear just what gets "paused" when using the pop-up menu's "Pause Protection" option!

Thanks again for your replies!

Joel

• 3 weeks later...

Just upgraded to 2.7.6 - looks like the Group feature will be very useful in that it mitigates the limited length of Scene / Device names & obviates the need for naming schemes (and the associated typing) to keep related entities together.

One minor issue though. When showing the devices in one of the grids in the Admin console, the device name is displayed effectively as a 'path' based on its folder hierarchy - eg Kitchen / Main Keypad / Key A. This is very good. However when viewing the device / scene list in other places (eg through the HTML browser (& iLinc), and through the drop down selectors) the names do not include the parent path info - just the leaf node name. This is not so good, since the names lack the contextual info - eg the above key would just be "Key A". This basically negates a key benefit that groups provide.

Seems to me that the full path name displayed in the console grid should be the one displayed in HTML (& provided to iLinc). Dropdowns should either display the full path, or (better) should use a tree-like navigation control to perform selection.

Hi andrewm,

I totally agree. We have no control over 3rd party applications but for those for ISY, it's already being worked on.

With kind regards,

Michel

Just upgraded to 2.7.6 - looks like the Group feature will be very useful in that it mitigates the limited length of Scene / Device names & obviates the need for naming schemes (and the associated typing) to keep related entities together.

One minor issue though. When showing the devices in one of the grids in the Admin console, the device name is displayed effectively as a 'path' based on its folder hierarchy - eg Kitchen / Main Keypad / Key A. This is very good. However when viewing the device / scene list in other places (eg through the HTML browser (& iLinc), and through the drop down selectors) the names do not include the parent path info - just the leaf node name. This is not so good, since the names lack the contextual info - eg the above key would just be "Key A". This basically negates a key benefit that groups provide.

Seems to me that the full path name displayed in the console grid should be the one displayed in HTML (& provided to iLinc). Dropdowns should either display the full path, or (better) should use a tree-like navigation control to perform selection.

Hi andrewm,

I just released iLinc Pro 2.10 last night to Apple for approval. In the 2.10 update iLinc supports firmware 2.7.6 including folders and grouped devices. So in your example, when navigating through My Devices and My Scenes you would traverse down to the device to control by navigating through the folder and grouped device tree.

Wes

Hi tsolve,

No problem. The user id and passwords are as follows:

userid = isy

password = autoupdate

With kind regards,

Michel

Sorry if this is obvious (newbie here), but when I try to download the upgrade file from your site it asks for a username/password. When I put in my forum un/pw it does not like it. What do I need to use here?

Thanks

You are right. It does not accept

User ID isy

Password autoupdate.

Maybe it has to do with the forums and wiki where unavailable for awhile this morning. Maybe it got lost also or set to unavailable.

Tried to download an earlier beta version as a test. It also was not working.

Maybe a server thing.

Archived