Polisy Updates

bgrubb1

yesterday I checked for updates and Polisy showed a few. I attempted to update and was greeted with "update failed, check the logs"  Looking at the logs, it never attempted.  Each time I check for updates there are more (eventually 70) but install fails.  I updated last weekend successfully.

Have tried rebooting, no change.  Am I doing something in the wrong order ??

I'm seeing a similar issue.  Up until today, I've been able to update Polisy without issues.  Today, however, I checked and noticed 17 updates, so I attempted to apply them.  Saw the "update failed, check the logs" message and same thing, nothing in the logs indicated anything.  I rebooted the Polisy, checked for updates, it showed one, tried to update and same "update failed, check the logs" message.  

After reading your post, I checked for  Polisy updates and it showed that I had 7 updates.  When I executed the updates, I got the same error message; did the reboot, checked for updates again and it indicated 2 updates. So I assume that 2 updates are deficient.  Let's wait for the UDI team to let us know how to proceed. 

Same story for me also as of yesterday at about 1:30pm ,  also still haven’t been able to change the time zone so yesterday at 3:00pm I quoted Michel K. post from last Friday stating the time zone was fixed along with a few other issues,  I left them know I was still having problems changing and doing the Polisy updates,  asking for help.  As of today have not heard back from anyone. 
edit: as of last night I did get time zone to finally stay,  no idea how i just keep trying and it happened.  Still the updates not working. 

I'll bet that UDI is well aware of the issues and is working on a fix. 

In the meantime, if you feel the need to get your machine updated, you can always SSH into your Polisy and run the update process manually (if you don't know how to interact with bash, then you should probably wait for UDI to come to the rescue): 

sudo pkg update && sudo pkg upgrade

Getting the updates into your Polisy may fix the timezone issue, I don't know.

I am aware that the premise of Polisy is that there'll be a web based interface from which you can perform system administration tasks, however some of us cranky old dinosaurs still often prefer a CLI.  Fortunately, Polisy has one.

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, glarsen said:

Just now, sudo pkg update && sudo pkg upgrade updated 3 packages, while udx showed 12 outstanding, yet once the update was done, udx showed no updates pending.

I'd give my Polisy a reboot and run the commands again.  There probably won't be any packages waiting, but there may be some satisfied dependencies that make more packages available.  I doubt it, but it shouldn't hurt.

23 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

I'd give my Polisy a reboot and run the commands again.  There probably won't be any packages waiting, but there may be some satisfied dependencies that make more packages available.  I doubt it, but it shouldn't hurt.

That's what I meant. Already did that and the discrepancy showed after the reboot, yet after the update from the console, both showed no outstanding packages.

Just got my Polisy a few days ago and ran into the same update problem (13 updates required but updates failed). I also noticed that if I checked for updates again after each fail that the count for updates increased (doubled?) so it looks to me like it is a counter possibly not being reset. I did what Bumbershoot suggested and that worked fine for me.

Just thought I would add a few observations around my initial experience. Sorry if I am repeating what has already been said as I have not gone through every bodies comments

Initially Polisy could not find my ISY and I could not change the time zones as others had reported even with repeated tries. Once I manually updated the IP for the ISY and Polisy was able to see the ISY, the time zone change worked fine first try. Polisy initially had problems connecting to the ISY when I manually set the IP because I checked off the https box. Unchecked it and Polisy found the ISY. At this point I ran into the updates fail issue but a SSH into Polisy allowed the 13 reported updates to be completed

I ran

sudo pkg update && sudo pkg upgrade

in Putty SSH

• Update failure in the HTTP interface went away.
  •  It does seem to correct the time zone issue I was having. (Any way to have Polisy display the Time on the HOME page?)
    • Why are we choosing a time zone here, can't Polisy get your time zone from ISY? My location is a custom location in the ISY Config page
  • Had to re-enter the DNS server again, don't know if this was after the update or the reboot I did?

Cheers!

Thanks all who have contributed.

Mike2545

Hey guys, the latest Policy Update took the network settings off the Polisy HTML interface.

Version 2.2.9 Status: Connected
Frontend Version: 2.2.9-1
ISY Version: 5.0.15A
Uptime: 23 Hour(s) 37 Minute(s) 54 Second(s)
(c) 2020 UDI
Running on Polisy

Welcome to Polisy!
[admin@polisy ~]$ pkg info udx
udx-1.0.26_15
Name           : udx
Version        : 1.0.26_15
Installed on   : Sat Jan 25 09:03:43 2020 EST
Origin         : misc/udx
Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : misc
Licenses       : BSD
Maintainer     : michel@universal-devices.com
WWW            : https://www.universal-devices.com/
Comment        : Polisy Admin Service
Shared Libs required:
        libmongoc-1.0.so.1
        libbson-1.0.so.1
        libmosquitto.so.1
Annotations    :
        FreeBSD_version: 1201000
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : udi
Flat size      : 2.24MiB
Description    :
UDX HW/Admin Service for Universal Devices Polisy

WWW: https://www.universal-devices.com/

EDIT:

I just found this and it fixed my issue...

However,  The DNS was 0.0.0.0 again when I tried to change it the save I got this error

Malformed IPv4 Address in the form. Please verify your entries.

The entries are all there and in good order, another update issue?

Cheers

Mike2545

Archived