TROUBLE REPLACING PLM...

mdyod

IM TRYING TO REPLACE MY OLD  2413s v2 with a new 2413s v2.5  MY ISY99i 

I followed the afore mentioned instructions to the letter. and when I clicked "Restore Modem (PLM) nothing happened.. I've waited all day  and nothing  is happening...  my dashboard  cant control or query any of my devices. I see them on my list in the "'Main" tab but it doesn't appear that my ISY99i is able to communicate with my PLM, but I'm not sure of anything - it just looks like nothing has happened. Is there any progress indicator so that i can monitor the progress of this process?  I must be missing something

here is my error log..

Some body please help a brother out

TIA

ISY_Error_Log_v3.3.10__Sat_2020_01.18_12_48.33_PM.txt

A couple of different approaches.

1) The directions assume the new PLM is connected to the ISY properly. To make sure do this:

image.png.39d76ebe09bc9e009393228fc97eefbd.png

You should get something that looks like this... 

image.png.7b2358fe3d4abfb6731190cff5497afc.png

Is that the case? If no... you'll need to factory reset the PLM, check the connection cables, etc. Respond back if you get "connected"

2) Let's see what your PLM thinks it has... Do this, and post back what you get (you can use the snipping tool in Windows 10, and just paste into a post here)

image.png.c752f75869c084f3e357427aefd21fb4.png

Paul

9 hours ago, paulbates said:

A couple of different approaches.

1) The directions assume the new PLM is connected to the ISY properly. To make sure do this:

image.png.39d76ebe09bc9e009393228fc97eefbd.png

You should get something that looks like this... 

image.png.7b2358fe3d4abfb6731190cff5497afc.png

Is that the case? If no... you'll need to factory reset the PLM, check the connection cables, etc. Respond back if you get "connected"

2) Let's see what your PLM thinks it has... Do this, and post back what you get (you can use the snipping tool in Windows 10, and just paste into a post here)

image.png.c752f75869c084f3e357427aefd21fb4.png

Paul

PLM Links Table.v3.3.10__Sun 2020.01.19 02.35.00 PM.xml

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 12.54.05 PM.png

It looks like it is found and connected.

When you do a tools, diagnostics, Show PLM Links Table. Does it show any links in the PLM?

The last table you attached (04.19.14PM) seems to have an error in it. Not sure how that happened.  The earlier one attached (02.35.00PM) looks like your PLM has no links in it at all.

3 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I just realized that you're using a 99i. I wonder if it's having problems due to not being updated in so long. Hopefully @Michel KohanimKohanim can chime in to confirm if a new Plm would work with it. 

Sounds logical - I'm also wondering if it'd be better in the long run to just buy a new ISY 99x (what would be the best version?) However, a firmware ugrade might be quicker ( and get me out of a time crunch. Since, im going out of town next weekend and it'd be nice to have my house under the "control" of my H.A.S.

31 minutes ago, mdyod said:

Sounds logical - I'm also wondering if it'd be better in the long run to just buy a new ISY 99x (what would be the best version?) However, a firmware ugrade might be quicker ( and get me out of a time crunch. Since, im going out of town next weekend and it'd be nice to have my house under the "control" of my H.A.S.

There are no more firmware upgrades to the 99.  The 3.3.10 was the last.

You would need the 994. Personally I'd go with the zwave version but if you don't foresee needing zwave at all, you can add it later. 

On 1/19/2020 at 6:43 PM, lilyoyo1 said:

I just realized that you're using a 99i. I wonder if it's having problems due to not being updated in so long. Hopefully @Michel KohanimKohanim can chime in to confirm if a new Plm would work with it. 

I sent an email some time ago asking for recommendations for the best ISY/PLM  combo but https://forum.universal-devices.com/profile/2-michel-kohanim / hasn't replied ..

Would others on this thread please give me some input on the best upgrade(s) please

7 hours ago, mdyod said:

I sent an email some time ago asking for recommendations for the best ISY/PLM  combo but https://forum.universal-devices.com/profile/2-michel-kohanim / hasn't replied ..

Would others on this thread please give me some input on the best upgrade(s) please

That's not the proper way to contact Michel. If you want proper support from him or udi, You must submit a support ticket. If trying to draw his attention to a post you should include @ before his name.

Being that yesterday was a holiday and this happened over the weekend he may not have been on here.

I also answered your question in my last post about 4 posts ago.

Support Ticket is the way to go.

With so many topics and issues in threads. I imagine not all posts here can be answered and maybe missed with out a ticket.

You didn't do a Delete Modem (PLM) at anytime during your replacement sequence? That would remove all the links in the modules for the PLM and eliminate  the links normally in the PLM for the modules in the system.

Archived