New computer

So believe I can get (download) the new console onto my new computer (as I did with the previous computer). What is the process for retrieving my ISY backup file that contains all of my programming and restoring it on the new computer... or is it still resident in the ISY controller, and the backup file is not required?

1 hour ago, Argilos said:

So believe I can get (download) the new console onto my new computer (as I did with the previous computer). What is the process for retrieving my ISY backup file that contains all of my programming and restoring it on the new computer... or is it still resident in the ISY controller, and the backup file is not required?

All you require is the link to start.jnlp under item 7 of the install instructions. There are different links depending on if you are on Windows or Mac, and which version of firmware you have.

Your backups are wherever you chose to store them, but once you run start.jnlp you will login in to ISY and have full access. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks all. Everything seems to work fine. However, every few times I try to access my admin console, the ISY Finder cannot find my ISY unless I reenter the network address. I've tried to save it and tried refresh when that happens, but the next time I open the app, it can't find the ISY. Other times, it's fine.

17 hours ago, Argilos said:

Thanks all. Everything seems to work fine. However, every few times I try to access my admin console, the ISY Finder cannot find my ISY unless I reenter the network address. I've tried to save it and tried refresh when that happens, but the next time I open the app, it can't find the ISY. Other times, it's fine.

This happens to me all the time too.  I've given up trying to figure it out and just hit the Add button again.  Done it so many times I don't have to look up the IP any more.

Archived