How Hard is it to Setup a Z Wave Deadbolt

42 minutes ago, vmastros said:

Thank you all for your help. After several email back and forth with Michel, I was not able to get either the lock or the receptacle working properly. I had the lock working on my first install attempt but got many communication error messages. I deleted the lock but was never able to add it again. After a day and half working on it, I gave up. I don't know if the lock or the ISY, or both, were the problem. Most likely is user error though.

The answer to my original question is "Harder than it should be."

You said you were using 4.7.5 but recently purchased your zwave board. Unless you bought a used board somewhere (which means it may be bad) you should have received the 500 series board which doesn't work with that firmware.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:04 AM, vmastros said:

Thank you all for your help. After several email back and forth with Michel, I was not able to get either the lock or the receptacle working properly. I had the lock working on my first install attempt but got many communication error messages. I deleted the lock but was never able to add it again. After a day and half working on it, I gave up. I don't know if the lock or the ISY, or both, were the problem. Most likely is user error though.

The answer to my original question is "Harder than it should be."

I'm at the same step, got communication errors deleted it and no matter how many times I tried, I can't add the lock again, I tried excluding it first , changing batteries, connecting aeotec zwave extenders on security mode, bringing the isy closer

nothing worked so far

Just now, blandero said:

I'm at the same step, got communication errors deleted it and no matter how many times I tried, I can't add the lock again, I tried excluding it first , changing batteries, connecting aeotec zwave extenders on security mode, bringing the isy closer

nothing worked so far

Without details about your setup we're limited on the help we can provide. What zwave board are you using? Firmware and UI? What lock?

Just now, lilyoyo1 said:

Without details about your setup we're limited on the help we can provide. What zwave board are you using? Firmware and UI? What lock?

Lock Schlage 469

Firmware 5.0.16C (the issue started when I upgraded from 4.7 to 5.013d)

ZWave Version 4.55.00

Bootloader Version 0.00 (this seems odd)

The board version I don't know , where can I find it?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, blandero said:

Lock Schlage 469

Firmware 5.0.16C (the issue started when I upgraded from 4.7 to 5.013d)

ZWave Version 4.55.00

Bootloader Version 0.00 (this seems odd)

The board version I don't know , where can I find it?

Thanks in advance

You have the 300 series board. The bootloader showing 0 may be contributing to your issues. While I don't remember the 300 series bootloader, I do know it's not 0.00. 

Your zwave board may be corrupted or you never updated the board. I would reach out to @Michel Kohanimto see if he has the update files and instructions for you

3 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You have the 300 series board. The bootloader showing 0 may be contributing to your issues. While I don't remember the 300 series bootloader, I do know it's not 0.00. 

I still have a series 300 Z-Wave board and the bootloader is 0.00 and works fine.

24 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Your zwave board may be corrupted or you never updated the board. I would reach out to @Michel Kohanimto see if he has the update files and instructions for you

I rebooted the ISY and then I got a communication error with my zwave mesh (2 aeotec gen6 extender, 1 aeotec siren gen5 ) I deleted them on zwave and exclude them , but Now I get an error trying to include them , the error tells me to exclude them to include them, but I already did.

The Isy is about 15 ft from the door, and there are two concrete walls, but all the range extenders about 10 ft from each other

I use to have a reliable doorlock  on 4.7

Archived