Bizarre behavior from WIreless Tags

tmorse305

I had a crazy thing happen today.  Suddenly I stated getting low battery reports from multiple sensors.  When I checked using the iOS mobile app, they were reporting low.  Curiously one of the sensors had gone off line with low battery and never reported it to the app.  See the screen shots that shows the battery history and the sudden drop in battery life.  The other  odd thing was that on the Tag listing page one of the Tags was "flickering".  See screen shot, it was the Cactus, it's a moisture sensor.  The entire row blinks on and off and sometimes just dims a little, like it's flickering.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

I've replaced batteries (Energizer only) and unpaired 3 of the tags to try and get them working again.  one came back ok, the other 2 appear to have corrupted internal memory.  Has anyone had any luck getting those re flashed by WirelessTags? 

Thanks,

Tim

Photo Feb 28, 7 52 28 PM.png

Photo Feb 28, 7 30 42 PM.png

Photo Feb 28, 7 30 14 PM.png

Photo Feb 28, 7 28 37 PM.png

The battery voltages drop with cold temperatures. Mine will drop to about 2.5 volts with deep cold and come back to 2.90 when they warm up. Yours look too sudden though.

Try rebooting the Tag manager.
Do you have your limits set on the flickering tag without any hysteresis? The Tag colour indicates alarm, no alarm conditions.

11 hours ago, larryllix said:

The battery voltages drop with cold temperatures. Mine will drop to about 2.5 volts with deep cold and come back to 2.90 when they warm up. Yours look too sudden though.

Try rebooting the Tag manager.
Do you have your limits set on the flickering tag without any hysteresis? The Tag colour indicates alarm, no alarm conditions.

Rebooting the Tag Manager did not improve anything, I tried that a few times yesterday.

I see the voltage swing with temperature also but in this case the temp conditions had not changed.  I had no alarm conditions set on the flickering tag at the time.  Today I have limits set and the flickering has stopped.  Very strange...  I have a ticket in with Wireless Tags, I'll report back if I learn anything interesting.

Thank you larryllix.

13 hours ago, tmorse305 said:
Rebooting the Tag Manager did not improve anything, I tried that a few times yesterday.

I see the voltage swing with temperature also but in this case the temp conditions had not changed.  I had no alarm conditions set on the flickering tag at the time.  Today I have limits set and the flickering has stopped.  Very strange...  I have a ticket in with Wireless Tags, I'll report back if I learn anything interesting.

Thank you larryllix.

I turn all my limits off, unless I have specific need. It may waste battery life constantly updating things.

If you are using the NS it may depend on it. I use kumoapp bridge instead.

Sent using Tapatalk

On 2/29/2020 at 10:13 AM, larryllix said:

I turn all my limits off, unless I have specific need. It may waste battery life constantly updating things.

If you are using the NS it may depend on it. I use kumoapp bridge instead.

Sent using Tapatalk

Good point about the limits.  I am now using NS so I could set the conditions up on ISY instead.  WirelessTags said that a recent update had caused a bug related to low battery alerts, but the claim is that it is fixed.  I'm still seeing a few however.  About a week ago I added a new tag that was not working correctly.  I created a ticket related to that.  He changed the transmit frequency as he saw 'glitches' in the temperature data coming from my tags and set "use extra error checking".  Based on the timing his change coincided with the crazy battery alarms.  Hard to believe that would cause it but that was the only change made and I didn't know he made the change until a later communication with him.  I unpaired all of my tags and started over. Several of the tags came up with gibberish for their tag ID so I thought they were corrupted.  But after 2-3 tries they were back.  2 of the tags are not updating at the frequency I set (10 Min) so I'm still working with support to figure that out.  Who knew adding another tag could be so difficult!

Archived