Displaying individual variables "as devices" (sort of like virtual devices)

madcodger

15 minutes ago, markv58 said:

More than one value per node? In a different format?

Manage how? You can Ungroup from the controller and move the devices anywhere or into folders of the same type. <- I knew this would be something simple - ha!

RE: Multiple Values - Right now I have to click on each separate node to view the reading. Is there some kind of special sauce that can allow me to view say ten readings in one window pane?

Does the Polyglot Frame work allow such a thing?

2 minutes ago, Teken said:

RE: Multiple Values - Right now I have to click on each separate node to view the reading. Is there some kind of special sauce that can allow me to view say ten readings in one window pane?

Does the Polyglot Frame work allow such a thing?

Once you ungroup and move them into a folder, clicking the folder should give you that view.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 2.15.05 PM.png

2 minutes ago, markv58 said:

Once you ungroup and move them into a folder, clicking the folder should give you that view.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 2.15.05 PM.png

I literally just clicked on that folder and *Low And Behold* one single pane of glass! ?

27 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

So when you set up a temp node, the number you assign it is meaningless.  

In v 1.0.3 that is correct however that will not be correct in any other version. v1.0.4 and beyond will send data to the variable ID of the Temp nodes as it does with the Switch and Dimmer nodes. I removed the code to work on the raw temp data that @Teken was getting from a device and now that I've worked that out, the code will be re-inserted with the appropriate fix.

The feedback has been helpful to my understanding of how people want to use Virtual so I am trying to satisfy those wants as best and as quickly as I can while maintaining my regular gig.

3 hours ago, markv58 said:

In v 1.0.3 that is correct however that will not be correct in any other version. v1.0.4 and beyond will send data to the variable ID of the Temp nodes as it does with the Switch and Dimmer nodes. I removed the code to work on the raw temp data that @Teken was getting from a device and now that I've worked that out, the code will be re-inserted with the appropriate fix.

The feedback has been helpful to my understanding of how people want to use Virtual so I am trying to satisfy those wants as best and as quickly as I can while maintaining my regular gig.

Getting more complicated but every pseudo device could use a scaling factor and a zero offset , then special use cases would be not special. C to F conversion could be done right in the pseudo device code... Scaling factor=1.8, Zero Offset  =32.0

30 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Getting more complicated but every pseudo device could use a scaling factor and a zero offset , then special use cases would be not special. C to F conversion could be done right in the pseudo device code... Scaling factor=1.8, Zero Offset  =32.0

And F to C, that is on my list to add once the dust settles and the frame is fixed. Adding one more node type, Generic, and probably splitting the switches so a variable isn't involved unless needed.

@markv58

Another feature request is some form of heart beat that the Node Server is up and running. Also, would it be possible to incorporate something to track the last state / previous temperature?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Teken said:

@markv58

Another feature request is some form of heart beat that the Node Server is up and running. Also, would it be possible to incorporate something to track the last state / previous temperature?!? emoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite node is the Virtual Switch, it can't be improved, modified or tweaked.

You gents are making me green with envy, in terms of being able to play with this new nodeserver. I wail and complain, @markv58 creates a great tool that addresses those wants, and now I don't have time to play with it. My biggest projects are supposed to be (mostly) done today, and rain is forecast for the weekend. I can hardly wait to take this for a spin!

About to pull the trigger on the v1.0.4 update, hit some sort of limitation that hours of work couldn't break through.

The Dimmer node is replaced with Generic, any Dimmers will move over there,  you can use Dimmer or Generic. I can add some other names if you have some ideas.

F to C and C to F converters are in their respective nodes and Previous Temp is shown in the nodes. The Switch is still a switch.

I hope the update goes easier for you than it did for me.

1 minute ago, markv58 said:

About to pull the trigger on the v1.0.4 update, hit some sort of limitation that hours of work couldn't break through.

The Dimmer node is replaced with Generic, any Dimmers will move over there,  you can use Dimmer or Generic. I can add some other names if you have some ideas.

F to C and C to F converters are in their respective nodes and Previous Temp is shown in the nodes. The Switch is still a switch.

I hope the update goes easier for you than it did for me.

@markv58

I'll let someone else take one for the team this Friday! ?

11 minutes ago, Teken said:

@markv58

I'll let someone else take one for the team this Friday! ?

Just do it. I have it on 3 devices for testing and haven't touched the fire extinguisher once. Besides, you wanted the previous temp tracking and C to F or F to C.

45 minutes ago, markv58 said:

Just do it. I have it on 3 devices for testing and haven't touched the fire extinguisher once. Besides, you wanted the previous temp tracking and C to F or F to C.

OK, loaded 1.04 and have entered temperaturecr back into the value field. Was there something else I needed to do before the readings will stream in as they all reset to zero even after watching a few sensors update?!? 

38 minutes ago, Teken said:

OK, loaded 1.04 and have entered temperaturecr back into the value field. Was there something else I needed to do before the readings will stream in as they all reset to zero even after watching a few sensors update?!? 

Check your programs and even though they look ok update the parts with the V Device and save. I've had to do that a couple of times. That should be the last of that kind of thing. No more mucking around with the node types, just tweaks.

3 hours ago, markv58 said:

Check your programs and even though they look ok update the parts with the V Device and save. I've had to do that a couple of times. That should be the last of that kind of thing. No more mucking around with the node types, just tweaks.

@markv58

Had a few moments to go into the programs and selected the virtual device in the THEN section and saw the three new options in the drop down list. I toggled between a few of them and returned to convert raw to prec.

No joy . . . ? 

1 hour ago, Teken said:

@markv58

Had a few moments to go into the programs and selected the virtual device in the THEN section and saw the three new options in the drop down list. I toggled between a few of them and returned to convert raw to prec.

No joy . . . ? 

There was some code to prevent conversion if the value had already been converted that may cause that problem so I took it out in 1.0.5

Virtual v1.0.6 Fixed a bug and worked on the Temp nodes to prevent conversion repeats on data already converted. Smooth transfer of current temps to previous temps in proper format.

37 minutes ago, markv58 said:

Virtual v1.0.6 Fixed a bug and worked on the Temp nodes to prevent conversion repeats on data already converted. Smooth transfer of current temps to previous temps in proper format.

Updated to 1.06, updated all values to temperaturecr, restarted the virtual server - no joy.  ☹️ Even changed the ISY Prec to 1 and 0 just to see if there was something obvious - no joy. ? Reviewing the virtual node server logs simply states *Converting to raw* nothing else. So the system does see the new values coming in but doesn't convert them to precision. 

As a Hell Mary pass, I just changed one program back to *Set Temperature* where the system reads the State Variable - Some Joy! ? I don't care what anyone says but being able to see the previous value is just sexy as all hell!

Thank You! ?

1.06 - Broken Raw To Prec.PNG

@Teken If you changed an existing custom config parameter, say from c to cr,  and restarted the node that may have affected something in the program as well. Check one, update it and see if that fixes the problem. If you are seeing the "converting from raw" message, that means that bit of code has run and the value should be divided by 10. Running that code a second time will do nothing until the value has been reset and the current moved to previous.

17 minutes ago, markv58 said:

@Teken Hit the Update Profile and restart the AC for me and see if that cures the problem. My testing has it working, there was a minor bug in the profile that I fixed in a previous version.

@markv58 Just updated the profile - success! I had to change all of the programs back from set temp to convert raw to prec. Just sitting watching all the of system environmental sensors update as the day gets hotter.

Please add the update profile as a trouble shooting tip to the configuration help file.

Thank You - Sir! ?

7 minutes ago, Teken said:

Spoke too soon everything just stopped updating in the AC?!? Really trying to hammer out all the steps to make this work but just shooting in the virtual dark. ?

I have loads of joy, updates anytime the temp on the thermostat twitches. Here is a program test converting C to F:

Test 97 C - [ID 019D][Parent 0185]

If
        'Devices / Climate / Ecobee - Home' Temperature is not 150.0°F

Then
        $VtempC_97  = 'Devices / Climate / Ecobee - Home' Temperature °F
        Set 'Devices / Virtual / Shop / Temperature / temperaturec 97' Set Temperature '$VtempC_97 Celsius'
        Set 'Devices / Virtual / Shop / Temperature / temperaturec 97' Convert F to C

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Just added the Convert from Raw to run that for a while.

Archived