Insteon On/Off Outlet 2663-222 V.44 Fast ON/OFF

PhanTomiZ

Hello,

Picked up these Outlets during the Black Friday sale and have finally found time to get them ready for installation.  This outlet has two controllable outlets.  XX.XX.XX.1 Top and XX.XX.XX.2 Bot.

Performed factory reset out of the box on both.  I've wired a couple of them up so far and have found something strange with the Fast On command.

Using the Admin console :

Invoking ON or FAST ON command on the Top XX.XX.XX.1 turns on the top portion of the receptacle

Invoking OFF or FAST OFF command on the Top XX.XX.XX.1 turns off the top portion of the receptacle.

Invoking ON command on the Bot XX.XX.XX.2 turns on the bottom portion of the receptacle.

Invoking OFF command  the Bot XX.XX.XX.2 turns off the bottom portion of the receptacle.

****Here is the kicker****

Invoking FAST ON command on the Bot XX.XX.XX.2 turns on the TOP portion of the receptacle

Invoking FAST OFF command on the Bot XX.XX.XX.2 turns off the TOP portion of the receptacle.

I noticed this with the first outlet I wired up, so in order to verify the outlet was not defective, I wired up a second and have gotten the same results.

Anyone else who uses these outlets notice this behaviour??  Normal???

Thanks

PhanTomiZ

5 hours ago, PhanTomiZ said:

Hello,

Picked up these Outlets during the Black Friday sale and have finally found time to get them ready for installation.  This outlet has two controllable outlets.  XX.XX.XX.1 Top and XX.XX.XX.2 Bot.

Performed factory reset out of the box on both.  I've wired a couple of them up so far and have found something strange with the Fast On command.

Using the Admin console :

Invoking ON or FAST ON command on the Top XX.XX.XX.1 turns on the top portion of the receptacle

Invoking OFF or FAST OFF command on the Top XX.XX.XX.1 turns off the top portion of the receptacle.

Invoking ON command on the Bot XX.XX.XX.2 turns on the bottom portion of the receptacle.

Invoking OFF command  the Bot XX.XX.XX.2 turns off the bottom portion of the receptacle.

****Here is the kicker****

Invoking FAST ON command on the Bot XX.XX.XX.2 turns on the TOP portion of the receptacle

Invoking FAST OFF command on the Bot XX.XX.XX.2 turns off the TOP portion of the receptacle.

I noticed this with the first outlet I wired up, so in order to verify the outlet was not defective, I wired up a second and have gotten the same results.

Thanks

PhanTomiZ

Someone else posted the same thing I've before. While I have these outlets, I've never bothered to check to see what happens asa gay on with a relay outlet is no different than a standard on. 

With the addressed device actually being the top outlet, I can see this being normal behavior

8 hours ago, PhanTomiZ said:

For a standard on/off outlet, I don't see how there could be a difference between off/on and fast off/fast on.  What might be happening is that this outlet shares firmware with the dimmer outlet, which has a dimmer control on the top.  There, a fast on/fast off on the top would make sense.

My train of thought for Fast ON/OFF was a little off.  I use Fast ON/OFF for a few of my switchlincs to operate devices other than the load it's attached to, so my train of thought was if I were to invoked a Fast ON/OFF using this switchlinc to turn the on/off outlet Bot portion that it would actually turn on the Top portion of the receptacle.  It won't.  

So using that same train of thought, I just tried Fast ON/OFF on the Outlet and it works as it should.

Thanks for the replies

PhanTomiZ

25 minutes ago, PhanTomiZ said:

My train of thought for Fast ON/OFF was a little off.  I use Fast ON/OFF for a few of my switchlincs to operate devices other than the load it's attached to, so my train of thought was if I were to invoked a Fast ON/OFF using this switchlinc to turn the on/off outlet Bot portion that it would actually turn on the Top portion of the receptacle.  It won't.  

So using that same train of thought, I just tried Fast ON/OFF on the Outlet and it works as it should.

Thanks for the replies

PhanTomiZ

Manually controlling the outlet is different than the isy controlling it which is why it works. The fast on is built into the insteon structure so that any device can control another device the same way (you can also dim a dimmable device with a relay)

While I don't use it for my outlets, (I don't manually turn them on), I have many things that happen off a double tap

Archived