Release 4.8.0 Is Now Official

Michel Kohanim

16 minutes ago, atomicboy said:

I was not aware of the V4 and V5 backup Major revision alignment. In my case I was trying to upgrade from a V4.x (from 2019) to a V4.x (2020).

It was out of desperation that I tried the V5. I also have a “temporary” 128 Mb SD card in it now and it is going to stay despite only needing 8 Mb.

I also suspected potential glitchy hardware which I was going to keep a watch out for.

For me, I just want to set it and forget it as I have a host of other stuff that needs attention. My initial purchase (My first introduction) of an isy a few years back was plaqued with an issue that required an RMA and all involved were good at addressing it.

Thanks again for your guidance on this. 

I don't think ISY has the bus size to support more than 2^16 sectors = 2GB of storage. What usually happens in other applications is the O/s overruns the 2GB limitations and then the O/S begins to act crazy. Nothing less than 16GB SD cards are manufactured anymore so......?

I can't seem to get my ISY-994i ZW IR Pro to factory reset. The instructions say to hold the reset button at least 30 seconds until the memory LED flashes. On initial power up, I get the Power LED and a few seconds later the Rx and Tx LEDs light up and the Err LED flashes. If I hold the reset button, the Rx, Tx, Memory, and Err LEDS go out for about 5 seconds, all flash on and off 5 times together, then sequentially light up starting with the Rx, Tx, Memory, then Err so that they are all on, then start turning off in the same order. It does this twice, then flashes all four LEDs four times. Then it turns all four off for about five seconds and starts over. I have tried this for 30 seconds, 60, 90 and 120 seconds. No matter what, when I release the reset button, it goes back to the Power, Rx, Tx LEDs lit and the Err flashing.

Ideas?

12 hours ago, Teken said:

No, you don’t need to do anything. emoji106.png Does your environment have a mix of Insteon & Z-Wave?!? emoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I'll not update ISY's FW.

Yes, I do have a few Z-Wave devices, but they run under a Samsung SmartThings hub. The ISY994i ZW PRO controls Insteon but no Z-Wave's.

A bit more fun tonight. I was able to hookup up to the monitor port and establish a serial connection to the ISY. That took me back several years. :) I can access the ISY through the monitor port, but when I try to do anything other than display time, show memory, or menu, I get an exception dump. If you select "A" within the first two seconds of a boot, you get dumped into the monitor. There are options to Flash the App but no directions. I'm going to stop and wait until I get a good response from the tech support group other than the "Please install 5.0.16 and restore your backup" response. :) 

6 hours ago, claymo said:

A bit more fun tonight. I was able to hookup up to the monitor port and establish a serial connection to the ISY. That took me back several years. :) I can access the ISY through the monitor port, but when I try to do anything other than display time, show memory, or menu, I get an exception dump. If you select "A" within the first two seconds of a boot, you get dumped into the monitor. There are options to Flash the App but no directions. I'm going to stop and wait until I get a good response from the tech support group other than the "Please install 5.0.16 and restore your backup" response. :) 

What is a "monitor" port?.
I only know of two ports on ISY,  Ethernet port, and a serial port for the PLM.

What is a "monitor" port?. I only know of two ports on ISY,  Ethernet port, and a serial port for the PLM.

The USB is called the monitor port by UDI.

Just a quick update....I upgraded to 5.0.16C over the weekend without much trouble.  A few program issues as most have described but all relatively easy to fix.  Now z-wave (unrelated to this upgrade), now that's a whole other issue. 

I mainly wanted access to polyglot cloud but I was disappointed that none of the polys  that I wanted are up there.  So, I guess I'll be exploring a Rpi.  I will probably wants polisy down the road, but I need to be sure it will do all that i want before spending that amount.

Thanks to everyone and UDI!

Just a quick update....I upgraded to 5.0.16C over the weekend without much trouble.  A few program issues as most have described but all relatively easy to fix.  Now z-wave (unrelated to this upgrade), now that's a whole other issue. 
I mainly wanted access to polyglot cloud but I was disappointed that none of the polys  that I wanted are up there.  So, I guess I'll be exploring a Rpi.  I will probably wants polish down thevriad, but I need to be sure it will do all that infant before spending that amount.
Thanks to everyone and UDI!

Congratulations! Moving to the 5.x.x firmware and adding a Polisy has increased my fun level by 100x! I understand an Rpi is a lower initial investment but the Polisy just runs, easy updates, etc. Meaning minimal time investment, which was an important factor for me.

Either way enjoy the brave new world of NodeServers!

3 hours ago, bfish said:

I mainly wanted access to polyglot cloud but I was disappointed that none of the polys  that I wanted are up there.

It's been noted before but I'll repeat it here.  Only a few nodeservers (and most of those are weather) make sense to exist as both local options and polyglot cloud versions.   Most seem to be better suited to run local because the other devices exist on the local network, or on PGC because the it's making a cloud to cloud connection somewhere.

It also really wasn't hard for me from a time perspective to choose Polisy over Pi.   While I have a few pi's around the house doing this or that, none of them are mission critical and none are allowed outside internet access (network rules).   The biggest benefit of Polisy to me is that updates are pushed out, and I don't have to do much in terms of systems administration and staying up to date on OS exploits.

Thanks for the feedback!

A couple Polisy questions, if I may:

1.  Does having the Polisy replace my existing ISY994i or do I need to keep it?

2.  If it replaces ISY, does it have Z-wave onboard?

3.  If it replaces ISY, does it need a separate PLM or is that onboard the Polisy?

Thanks you!

36 minutes ago, bfish said:

Thanks for the feedback!

A couple Polisy questions, if I may:

1.  Does having the Polisy replace my existing ISY994i or do I need to keep it?

2.  If it replaces ISY, does it have Z-wave onboard?

3.  If it replaces ISY, does it need a separate PLM or is that onboard the Polisy?

Thanks you!

At this point in time you keep the existing ISY994, we've heard that someday the ISY functions will likely move over to Polisy.  Not sure where the Z-wave controller will be when that day arrives.

At this point in time you keep the existing ISY994, we've heard that someday the ISY functions will likely move over to Polisy.  Not sure where the Z-wave controller will be when that day arrives.

The company has expressed that Z-Wave will come via an external dongle if and when the migration is public ready. I on the other hand would love to know if ZigBee falls in the same category for those using it for energy monitoring.

As an aside I’ve been working with the Brultech team who are the makers of the best in class energy monitor called the Green Eye Monitor (GEM) and Dash Box (DB) as a Alpha / Beta Tester for more than ten years now.

The long term plan is to create a GEM Node Server for Polyglot. Unfortunately there is no timeline or ETA given their limited resources and prior commitments on other development tasks.

Regardless, I’ll continue to push for this to be completed so Energy Monitoring is easy and sexy!

2 hours ago, Teken said:

The long term plan is to create a GEM Node Server for Polyglot. Unfortunately there is no timeline or ETA given their limited resources and prior commitments on other development tasks.

This is simple.  Pay someone to write the nodeserver or donate the GEM + CT's necessary to develop against.

2 hours ago, Teken said:

Energy Monitoring is easy and sexy!

Easy... maybe... Sexy in the Admin Console?  ?

Hi Michael,

What is the alternative of Climate module to Aeris that has been de-installed as I upgraded to 4.8.0.

Climate is essential for my irrigation control to add extra watering during the evening when the day is hot.

Thank you.

Nick.

Archived