ISY Finder slow to load with Security Warning

So for the last couple of days the ISY Finder app has been loading very slowly (several minutes) and Java has been displaying this:

image.png.4bfb59852e85335df6349fd86a3eb022.png

After pressing continue, the app comes up after several minutes and seems to work fine.

I've cleared my java cache, deleted files, and re-installed from the "My ISY" button on the universal-devices main web page, but still having the same issue.

Has anybody else been seeing this issue?

Yes I've read the links numerous times in the last few hours.  I've added the  https://isy.universal-devices.com to the Java exception site list, and I've increased the memory that Java uses with the -X option.  I've tried this on 2 difference PCs now with the same result.

This has been working fine for the last few years, just noticed it being slow to open last week.  Forgot about it until today and it still has the same problem.  Takes about 90 seconds for the security warning to pop up, then after that the "ISY Finder" comes up and the console runs just fine and comes up instantly.

Not a big deal, just that the finder used to come up instantly without the security warning and I was curious if anybody else had this issue recently.  Also I'm getting "site unreachable" using both Edge and Chrome coming to this forum about every other time I try.

-Scott

From the provided link, this may help:

admin.jnlp does not start the Admin Console

• If Java is indeed installed, the reason is that .jnlp file association is broken (it has to point to javaws.exe). Search for javaws.exe in the computer. Right mouse click and select "Open with" and point to "javaws.exe" to fix the .jnlp file association.

Like I said in my previous posts, the Admin Console works just fine, the problem is the ISYFinder app takes about 90 seconds to load.  I turned on Java logging and it's doing a check with the CA to see if the certificate has been revoked.  That check is timing out and causing the security warning to pop up.

And "Yes" I've added the isy url to the Exception site list in the java control panel.

image.png.7dd75fb0b636758f38db67722d226f0e.png

@smacbride,

This is extremely odd. The validity should be:

To: Sat Apr 08 12:37:55 PDT 2023

Can you please:

1. Go to Java configuration panel | Security tab, click on Manage Certificates. Delete all certificates
2. Clear your Java cache
3. Make sure you are downloading from https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp (and not simply clicking on a file you may have on your desktop)

With kind regards,
Michel

OK so I deleted the cert under the Java panel, cleared the cache and re-installed the ISY launcher.  I'm getting the same warning.  If I click on the "view certificate details" from the Security Warning, it shows me the one from my previous post.

However, if I go under the Java control panel, it shows the valid one:

image.png.f09a25f788aa1fb95fa2e174ae15a90b.png

I also just tried this from my Laptop and I'm seeing the same weirdness. 

If I get the time I'll try un-installing Java, and then try this from a clean install.

For now I'm good as I was able to make my program changes in the Console.

I was just curious as if anybody else was having this issue.

Thanks for the help!

-Scott

Archived