Release 5.2.0 (RC3) - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

We need to remember that 5.x.x is not an official software release and we are the "test bed".  On the flip side, 5.x.x offers more features and functionality than 4.x.x, in bringing ISY up to today's level of functionality.  I am not pro or con.  I too experienced major frustration in my 3x attempts at update.  However ISY is purring along once again with 5.2.

2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@madcodger, no LED equals to 500 series.

@KSchex, 5.2.0 will be the official release. The only thing holding us back was Z-Wave Plus certification. And we got certified this week. Just have to put the finishing touches.

With kind regards,

Michel

Since the official release shows up in the isy, I'm assuming users will still have to go through the migration process. If this is so, it might be good to have a warning or link to the forum about the process pop up prior to updating so that non forum users know what they will need to do once they update to avoid any surprises.

11 hours ago, wmcneil said:

The first post in this thread applies. If you have a zwave card, you need to ensure it is the 500 series, else you should not update to 5.2.0

Thanks, i read that post and understood it, i have been on series 500 since the HW was in beta. 

My ask was is there a cumulative set of release notes. Have you seen one?

2 minutes ago, Scyto said:

Thanks, i read that post and understood it, i have been on series 500 since the HW was in beta. 

My ask was is there a cumulative set of release notes. Have you seen one?

All of the release notes are published on the same page as the upgrade files. All you need to do is look at the version number in question.

28 minutes ago, DennisC said:

All of the release notes are published on the same page as the upgrade files. All you need to do is look at the version number in question.

Do you means the page in the forums with each update or some other page?  (i tried finding a single page with all updates and a cumulative set of release notes).  The forum pages don't give a single cumulative release note.  

I don't see how a cumulative set of release notes would be possible because it would have to be different for each starting point.  (Those upgrading from some 4.xx version would need something completely different from those upgrading from 5.0.16c).  It's reasonable to expect that  when the 5.x release is official UDI will release a guide for upgrading from the current 4.x official release but for those who already in some stage of 5.x how hard is it to look at the historical pages?

Congrats to UDI on the certification and on being this close to an official 5.x release! 

1 hour ago, Scyto said:

Do you means the page in the forums with each update or some other page?  (i tried finding a single page with all updates and a cumulative set of release notes).  The forum pages don't give a single cumulative release note.  

Take update v5.2.0, which is the post we are currently in. Go to the first page and read the first post. All of the changes for v5.2.0 are listed right there on in the first post.

If you are interested in a previous version you can search for that version and read the very first post.

They are all listed here:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/15-current-release-betas-and-bug-reports/

13 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

5.2.0 will be the official release. The only thing holding us back was Z-Wave Plus certification. And we got certified this week. Just have to put the finishing touches.

With kind regards,

Michel

Congratulations Chris and Michel!!!!  Long road from 5.0 alpha to today, and much more work than anyone thought. 

???

I currently have 5..0.15A... when looking through the recent updates... most of the the changes seem to evolve around Z wave, I am using insteon... is there any reason or new functionality that upgrading will help me at this time?  Thanks. 

12 hours ago, Troy said:

I currently have 5..0.15A... when looking through the recent updates... most of the the changes seem to evolve around Z wave, I am using insteon... is there any reason or new functionality that upgrading will help me at this time?  Thanks. 

I'd recommend updating to 5.0.16C at least, as it's the most stable of the 5.0.X releases.   There really isn't much "new" for Insteon because Insteon hasn't changed much. That said, there should be some much needed Insteon bug fixes coming soon sometime in the future.

6 hours ago, MrBill said:

I'd recommend updating to 5.0.16C at least, as it's the most stable of the 5.0.X releases.   There really isn't much "new" for Insteon because Insteon hasn't changed much. That said, there should be some much needed Insteon bug fixes coming soon sometime in the future.

But remember, you can not upgrade past 5.0.16C without the series 500 zwave board, if you have a zwave board installed. 

While you indicated you are not using zwave, that is not necessarily the same thing as not having the board installed.

I blew up my entire zwave environment, thinking I had a 500-series when I didn't. Was not able to go back and all of my devices are offline now. I'm assuming I'm going to have to clear the controller settings on each device and then re-learn them to the new 500 series controller?

On 9/25/2020 at 6:33 PM, DennisC said:

Take update v5.2.0, which is the post we are currently in. Go to the first page and read the first post. All of the changes for v5.2.0 are listed right there on in the first post.

If you are interested in a previous version you can search for that version and read the very first post.

They are all listed here:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/15-current-release-betas-and-bug-reports/

got it so the short and actual answer to my original questions was "No"

I know I can read the multiple lists and massive threads, i am not a moron, I was asking for something specific and the answer "no" is ok and was the helpful answer not given.

40 minutes ago, Scyto said:

I know I can read the multiple lists and massive threads, i am not a moron, I was asking for something specific and the answer "no" is ok and was the helpful answer not given.

Chill.

6 hours ago, Scyto said:

No one was saying you're being a moron. You're attacking those who actually attempted to help you. No one knows who you are, what you know and don't know.  Instead of simply saying no and moving on, they took the time to explain how things are set up on here to help you understand (included adding links). Instead of being grateful you attack them. 

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

No one was saying you're being a moron. You're attacking those who actually attempted to help you. No one knows who you are, what you know and don't know.  Instead of simply saying no and moving on, they took the time to explain how things are set up on here to help you understand (included adding links). Instead of being grateful you attack them. 

Sometimes, not being able to read the face of the other,  one can understand something different than intended. This seems to be just a misunderstanding. @lilyoyo1is right that 99% of the time people in this forum are just trying to help, and it is something I have taken great advantage of many times. Personally I prefer that people under-estimate my knowledge than the opposite.

5.2.0 RC3 - broke my z wave Yale locks - looking for help with finding "simple" fix.

I use and enjoy my ISY Pro with 500 Zwave every day.  Have about 20 insteon and 10 zwave devices in long stable system/network.

Updated to 5.2.0 RC3 (from 5.16) and my zwave Yale locks started working differently - no longer giving status updates in admin console, no longer accepting changes to parameters (for example setting user keypad codes) and generating error messages like "can't communicate."  Other z wave devices seem OK.

Weird Yale lock behavior - Yale locks DO unlock/lock by admin console direct command AND Yale locks DO unlock/lock by programs (like lock all doors at 11PM).  However, Admin console may or may not reflect status even after query  of device.  So the Yale locks sort-of-work.

Tried to heal z wave network(find/update neighbors) and tried syncing nodes.  No changes in weird yale lock behavior.  I have no other "simple" ideas.

I guess that excluding and re-including yale locks will fix the problem - at the cost of creating yet another new zwave device with incremental "magic" number and having to find and fix all programs and references to "old" yale locks.  Life is short and not sure I want to have to revisit iSY programs I wrote years ago.

Any suggestions on simpler fixes?

Thanks

Archived