Getting "Error sending your spokens"

Phil

I'm trying to update some of my entries in the ISY Portal. When I click the button to "Send spokens to Google Home", I get the error "Error sending your spokens. Google home API returned: PERMISSION_DENIED The caller does not have permission." I tried unlinking and re-linking Universal Devices in the Google Home app but the error still happens.

What else should I try?

Phil

Check all your spam folders in every email you have ever had.
There may be a permission email you missed to authorise a new connection, or a connection they want more information from you before it will allow it.

Access the google mail webpage access and check there.

Do you have multiple Google accounts on your device? If so, check if ISY portal is linked to those account as well. Also check any other devices that use the Google home app to see if their accounts have it linked. I had the same problem for a long time and Google support finally helped when they asked me to check my wife's phone and her account had it linked somehow...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you have multiple Google accounts on your device? If so, check if ISY portal is linked to those account as well. Also check any other devices that use the Google home app to see if their accounts have it linked. I had the same problem for a long time and Google support finally helped when they asked me to check my wife's phone and her account had it linked somehow...

I had this same problem a few years ago.  When you link two accounts to Google Home it does not try to stop you.  And it still works kind of sort of making it even more unclear what is going on.  So if you want to share your link to ISY with your wife or whomever, you need to log them into your google account, not link their google account.

Also, I just finished unlinking and relinking my home account.  For reasons unkown it gave me permissions errors.

15 hours ago, larryllix said:

Check all your spam folders in every email you have ever had.
There may be a permission email you missed to authorise a new connection, or a connection they want more information from you before it will allow it.

Access the google mail webpage access and check there.

Thanks for the suggestion, since it definitely does seem like Google thinks ISY is not authorized. I use gmail, and checked my spam folder. I also tried a search for "in:anywhere isy" and "in:anywhere universal" and "in:anywhere permission". There are no permission emails that I missed.

I should mention that my existing spokens are working fine through Google Home (both the app and saying things to my Google Home devices). So there's some level of integration that is still working. I just cannot update my spokens.

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I do have multiple Google accounts on my phone. But the error is happening on the web interface to the ISY Portal at https://my.isy.io which I'm accessing through my desktop computer, so I'm confused how that would be a factor.

But in any case, I have confirmed that on my Android phone, I am logged into the Google Home app with the correct account. I also have an iPad and it's also logged into the Google Home app with the correct account.

For the ISY Portal, I've tried clearing cookies, using Chrome and Safari, and even tried Incognito/In-Private browsing to log into the ISY Portal. Everything works well until I click the "send spokens to Google Home" when I get the permission denied error. 

I do have multiple Google accounts on my phone. But the error is happening on the web interface to the ISY Portal at https://my.isy.io which I'm accessing through my desktop computer, so I'm confused how that would be a factor.
But in any case, I have confirmed that on my Android phone, I am logged into the Google Home app with the correct account. I also have an iPad and it's also logged into the Google Home app with the correct account.
For the ISY Portal, I've tried clearing cookies, using Chrome and Safari, and even tried Incognito/In-Private browsing to log into the ISY Portal. Everything works well until I click the "send spokens to Google Home" when I get the permission denied error. 
Yes, it's confusing, but it makes sense. If another account has ISY portal linked it causes this exact issue. Open Google home app on each device and check all Google accounts on that device by switching user in the upper right and see if there are any "Linked Services" for that user by pressing the + then Setup device, then Works with Google.

On 8/29/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jimbo said:

Yes, it's confusing, but it makes sense. If another account has ISY portal linked it causes this exact issue. Open Google home app on each device and check all Google accounts on that device by switching user in the upper right and see if there are any "Linked Services" for that user by pressing the + then Setup device, then Works with Google.

Thanks for the help. I'm still stuck. I did as you suggested and I still get the same error message. Here's exactly what I did:

• On each device, I opened the Google home app.
  • On my primary Google account, I see my home devices which are linked to Universal Devices.
  • On my other Google account, it it shows "Create a home" because there is no home set up for that account.
  • Back on the primary account, I hit + then "Setup device", and under "Works with Google" I clicked "Have something already set up?" and Universal Devices shows up there.
  • I tried unlinking and re-linking Universal Devices in Google Home

I continue to get the same permission denied error when I try to send spokens from the ISY Portal. My existing spoken commands continue to work.

13 hours ago, Phil said:

I'm still getting the permission denied error from ISY Portal when I click "Send spokens to Google Home". However, I am able to add new switches in the portal and when I say "Sync Devices" to Google Home, it picks up the new devices.

After about a year of this nonsense from google, I started a new account and it started to work again. I had to abandon my original google account for the purpose of ISY Portal. It never worked again, despite months of deleting and re-installing.

Now I have a bunch of google accounts, but I have since abandoned my GH units, anyway. I got tired of their security games. Google support only ever told me to contact the code writer, Benoit and all looked proper at that end.

Archived