Insteon Thermostat #2441TH Query

JLOB

In retrospect I should have spent a good deal more time investigating forum member experiences with this device, and less time culling cheap used units from eBay.  This is a  nit, and not worth much of anyone's time unless you, as I, are just the curious sort.   My first go round with this thermostat has been mostly painless.  (It's been a week - give it time!)  I notice that the wall unit will display a temp value of 76 and the app in both the phone and the tablet report 74.5.  Does anyone know if it's possible to tweak the 2441 to correct the anomaly?  ISY 994I reports the same temp as the phones and tablets.  (The other side of this particular coin is, "Which value is correct?"  Let's leave that for another day.

Thanks.

JLOB

ps:  Insteon is silent on this as far as I can determine.

4 minutes ago, JLOB said:

In retrospect I should have spent a good deal more time investigating forum member experiences with this device, and less time culling cheap used units from eBay.  This is a  nit, and not worth much of anyone's time unless you, as I, are just the curious sort.   My first go round with this thermostat has been mostly painless.  (It's been a week - give it time!)  I notice that the wall unit will display a temp value of 76 and the app in both the phone and the tablet report 74.5.  Does anyone know if it's possible to tweak the 2441 to correct the anomaly?  ISY 994I reports the same temp as the phones and tablets.  (The other side of this particular coin is, "Which value is correct?"  Let's leave that for another day.

Thanks.

JLOB

Did you factory reset the unit before hooking it up? Being from eBay you don't know what's wrong with it. After the factory reset, if recalibrate it to make sure the temp is correct

2 hours ago, JLOB said:

Thanks.

JLOB

These Insteon stats only report in once a change of about 2-3F has occurred. I have two of them (2441ZTH wireless) . The older one is controllable, and the newer one confirms all ISYs commands but doesn't actually execute them. I was using it as a probe only but likely the worse probe I have ever seen.

If you want a decent stat, get an ecobee and use a NS. If you want sensor probes, get some CAO Tags, and use a NS or the kumoapp code to inject your state variables.

I found this program for updating thermostat temperatures without the 2-3 degree change.

The 20 minute update seems to work fine for my needs.

T Stat Update - [ID 0002][Parent 0001]

If
        Time is 10:05:00PM

Then
        Repeat Every  20 minutes
           Set 'TV Room T Stat - Main' Query
           Wait  2 minutes
           Set 'Master T Stat - Main' Query
           Wait  2 minutes
           Set 'RearBR T Stat - Main' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

• 7 months later...

Archived