Error when attempting to install module

Hello, I purchased and now trying to install the ISY Portal. 

I get to the step where it says Would you like to proceed, then when I press YES, i get the following error:

Could not open config file to read:

/CONF/INSTENG.OPT

could not open file

/CONF/INSTENG.OPT

I have tried power cycling the device, to no avail. I am running version 4.8, i have installed other modules in the past, so not sure why this is happening. I have my configuration settings set to 8.8.8.8 for the DNS server, 

Any ideas to get this module installed?

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 7.16.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 7.12.08 AM.png

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, deno said:

i'm having the same issue trying to delete a scene.  i'm on 4.9.0 and i set my DNS to 8.8.4.4

That's odd. Which model controller?  What software version?  Is the node turned on or off?  what error message are you getting, it can't be the one shown above, that's something else.

14 hours ago, deno said:

i'm having the same issue trying to delete a scene.  i'm on 4.9.0 and i set my DNS to 8.8.4.4

I suspect a bot post, trying to establish some sort of cred on the site so it can then feed advertisements to users. As far as bot posts go, it's not bad. ?

2 hours ago, Goose66 said:

I suspect a bot post, trying to establish some sort of cred on the site so it can then feed advertisements to users. As far as bot posts go, it's not bad. ?

it's not a bot, but it's definitely a pre-spaming spammer post... that's why I asked one invalid question along with some he probably can't answer ?

13 hours ago, deno said:

i'm not a bot.  real human here.

i'm running 4.9.0 and it's a scene not a device.  the scene has nothing in it.

If this a real post, your situation has nothing to do with the original post. What is your UI? I suspect that you may need to clear your Java cache. 

wow, some serious skeptics here.  lol...

i was getting the same error about /CONF/INSTENG.OPT. but after trying again just now i am not getting a different error - "Request Failed"

i have cleared my java cache, i've had this issue for several version now.  i gave up a while back trying to fix it.

10 hours ago, deno said:

wow, some serious skeptics here.  lol...

i was getting the same error about /CONF/INSTENG.OPT. but after trying again just now i am not getting a different error - "Request Failed"

i have cleared my java cache, i've had this issue for several version now.  i gave up a while back trying to fix it.

With the information you're providing there is no hope in helping you in this forum.  Please open a ticket with UDI support.  email support@universal-devices.com to get started.

Archived