Motion device issue

2 hours ago, salex319 said:

I have a motion detector that works fine. It triggers a program to turn on stair lights and turn them off later. It shows up in Admin console as shown.

image.png.50f7f321e7cd4764049f8ed9672bd654.png

Frequently I get this message.

image.png.7ae57fd496c95994f86187f4db2ae8ea.png

Like I say it works fine but this is irritating. What is the problem?

Bad comms and the MS has lost some links between it and your PLM, and cannot write to the MS and get a proper response. Put the MS into linking mode ad the use the "Write updates" on it from the admin console.

Turn your Battery Writes option off with the top of the admin console screen button. Unfortunately ISY will forget this setting and start attempting writes to it again after any power cycle or reboot.

This can be circumvented if the MS is powered by an adapter (MS II only) or no scene modifying program lines, including the MS in that scene, are used.

Wondering if any one can help me understand the motion sensor makeup.

I had assumed that much like a leak sensor (battery) there would be a heartbeat associated with the motion sensor. 

I embedded what I assumed it must be but the program from @belias which tracks the battery for the leak sensor isn't sending what I would expect for the motion sensor.

Am I wrong in assuming there is a heartbeat for the motion sensor?

image.png.c9ef3b401634c9ce795324202f196a20.png

Bad comms and the MS has lost some links between it and your PLM, and cannot write to the MS and get a proper response. Put the MS into linking mode ad the use the "Write updates" on it from the admin console.

Turn your Battery Writes option off with the top of the admin console screen button. Unfortunately ISY will forget this setting and start attempting writes to it again after any power cycle or reboot.

Linking mode and write corrected the initial issue. 

Couldn't figure out where the "Battery Writes" option was.

Also wonder what image.png.7c3d2787a54145ecc0d371b71faad48c.png that icon means. Guessing it's related to battery devices?

Curious about PB11's question too. Pretty sure there's no heartbeat but I would have thought perhaps when the MS is triggered the ISY would try and update the MS if there are changes pending. Perhaps the MS doesn't stay on long enough.

10 minutes ago, salex319 said:

Linking mode and write corrected the initial issue. 

Couldn't figure out where the "Battery Writes" option was.

Also wonder what image.png.7c3d2787a54145ecc0d371b71faad48c.png that icon means. Guessing it's related to battery devices?

Curious about PB11's question too. Pretty sure there's no heartbeat but I would have thought perhaps when the MS is triggered the ISY would try and update the MS if there are changes pending. Perhaps the MS doesn't stay on long enough.

There's no heartbeat with the motion sensor. The Isy will not auto update the sensor unless you have a program written to do so. 

14 minutes ago, salex319 said:

Those icon

I don't have those buttons but I'm still on version 5.0.15A which probably explains it. Can't get latest version till I get new Z-Wave card.

Those are on 5.0.15, but you probably need a pro version of ISY for them to show up.

11 hours ago, salex319 said:

Those icon

I don't have those buttons but I'm still on version 5.0.15A which probably explains it. Can't get latest version till I get new Z-Wave card.

Oh you are using Zwave?  I think this may only apply for Insteon devices and then only with ISY Pro.

14 hours ago, salex319 said:

Those icon

As others have said.... you need Pro for them to show up

what others haven't said is that Pro is a software upgrade, no new hardware required, pay the fee and you're upgraded.  Here's a chart, with the differences, largely you get the ability for more nodes, and more programs, and the ability to use batch mode which are the two buttons mentioned.

14 hours ago, PB11 said:

There is a post "motion sensor heartbeat" by @metal450 with a bit of info on programming.

Control Sensor-Dusk.Dawn is switched on
  OR Control Sensor-Dusk.Dawn is switched off

I'm unclear what the switched on and switched off means. Is this the sensor detecting motion?

The motion sensor also has a light sensor, the program is using it as a heartbeat, its assumed that at least twice a day the dusk to dawn light sensor will change states to either on or off.

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

As others have said.... you need Pro for them to show up

what others haven't said is that Pro is a software upgrade, no new hardware required, pay the fee and you're upgraded.  Here's a chart, with the differences, largely you get the ability for more nodes, and more programs, and the ability to use batch mode which are the two buttons mentioned.

Very useful info. Thanks.

Archived