UD Mobile Release Announcements

Javi

iOS Beta (Open Testing) 0.4.9

Added Favorite Commands. Bug fixes.

Add a Favorite Command by selecting "Command" as the Favorite Type, then select add ("+") next to the command header to add a command.  Commands include support for commands with multiple parameters. Favorite  Command Type supports multiple commands from multiple systems.  Commands can be for any node and do not have to match the optional "Display Node"

Known issues include :

Command List shows raw numerical values as opposed to mapped names.  Default variable values with prec may be saved incorrectly if not edited (i.e. app shows current value as default, if available, "0.033" may be saved as "33").  This can be corrected by manual typing of the prec value.  Display nodes with toggle incorrectly override commands.

IMG-0169.PNG

IMG-0168.PNG

@javi,

I've been testing UD Mobile iOS 0.5.0 and have some questions:

1) Adding node servers to Favorites no longer displays the child nodes.  Is that by design or is that a bug.  I'm not sure in what version that changed, but it is very handy to see the child nodes in my Ambient Weather and Elk node server favorites.

2) I tested the Favorite Command type and that's a nice addition.  Since we can use a variable as status, it would be handy to be able to have string variables so we can set the appropriate status.  Has there been any discussion of adding string variables to the ISY or being able to define status in the UD Mobile app?

Nice progress.  Thanks!

Mark

Hi @mbking,

1 hour ago, mbking said:

@javi,

1) Adding node servers to Favorites no longer displays the child nodes.  Is that by design or is that a bug.  I'm not sure in what version that changed, but it is very handy to see the child nodes in my Ambient Weather and Elk node server favorites.

This was a design change, it was originally implemented to help users find grouped nodes in node picker dialogs. Grouped nodes are now expanded in the same list on the Home-Tab and Node/Status pickers have been updated.  In addition there has been much user feedback that the Node's Dashboard display is too text heavy and they would like things to be simplified.  With that said I see how it is useful in your example. The Node Dashboard screen is very similar to the first release and will be updated soon to address some layout and Query-Speed issues at that time I'll try add the grouped nodes in some capacity.  Another way to do this is to have a Favorite Folder with a Display Node with the desired grouped nodes as items in the folder, this will allow the user to select the Display Status for each child.

1 hour ago, mbking said:

2) I tested the Favorite Command type and that's a nice addition.  Since we can use a variable as status, it would be handy to be able to have string variables so we can set the appropriate status.  Has there been any discussion of adding string variables to the ISY or being able to define status in the UD Mobile app?

The App's database now has a table to add custom mapped names and icons for (#1) exact values and/or (#2) null/negative/zero/positive value mappings.  This has not been implemented in the UI but will be at some point in the future. When implemented it will allow status values to have user defined mapped names and icons. This feature will put highest priority on user defined exact status value matches, secondary priority on user defined null/negative/zero/positive mappings, then current mapping priority.

This will be implemented at the same time as the Node Dashboard rebuild (above) as this is the most logical place for status value edits.

Note there is a bug fix for expanded nodes in 0.51.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Android Alpha 0.107 (Closed Testing)

Note: Favorites shortcuts will have to be recreated as the old shortcuts will be unavailable.  This was needed to prevent subscription from closing if it was not closed with the new subscription enhancements.

ISY Subscription improvements. Subscriptions will now remain active during app pauses and screen rotations for up to one minute (default). Subscription duration can be changed in Advanced settings. Added Dynamic Shortcuts to prevent subscription close with Static Shortcuts. Removed Static Shortcuts and Widget please use Dynamic Shortcuts going forward. Created user preferences table. Rebuilt Systems Activity and Network Picker screens. Systems Activity will now use newer fragment pickers. Improved onboarding in Systems Activity.

Please give feedback on Subscription duration if you think the default of one minute should be changed. Set to -1 to not close the subscription until device low memory warning.

Android Alpha 0.109 (Closed Testing)

Note: Sync will be required to change mapped Icons/values  for folders and Scenes.

Added Customizations and Edit Locks.  Colors can be changed based on Status values at the Global, Individual and Favorites level.  Status mappings available at the individual level. App can now lock all Top menu edit, Admin Tab and Settings Tab access.

Customizations:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Customizations.28Currently_Android_Only.29

Edit Locks:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Edit_Locks_.28Currently_Android_Only.29

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Color options are awesome!!  But typing in a hex color is kind of painful :)  Also would like it have a 'If value not equal to' option.

Adding a color picker is on the list, I'll also try to add a saved colors table at some point to avoid the copy/paste for user defined hex codes. 

Adding 'not equal to' should not be an issue. Comparisons were limited to prevent user created loops and complex logic which could dramatically reduce the speed of the already complex home/favorites queries. 

Do you think  "not equal to" should include NULL values?

Adding a color picker is on the list, I'll also try to add a saved colors table at some point to avoid the copy/paste for user defined hex codes. 
Adding 'not equal to' should not be an issue. Comparisons were limited to prevent user created loops and complex logic which could dramatically reduce the speed of the already complex home/favorites queries. 
Do you think  "not equal to" should include NULL values?

Is there system defined hex codes? I just referenced codes from some web.
Ya, I didn't think about loops, but seems it should just pick first match. Probably don't need null of that helps.

Will there be a way for nodeserver to specify default colors for values sometime in the future?

Also noticed the node value changes to a number when you view it after creating for an enumerated value.
b162c2f56dcaaff25fea0d0f3e08bad2.jpga5ca8d3167ec3d54caa82b3d68190fbf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Is there system defined hex codes? 

Standard Hex Codes. I would like to  offer a predefined set for the globals, but it is lower on the priority list. I noticed I forgot to remove Global test color values for Null and Zero for existing database upgrades, but this will be removed in the next update, only alpha testers affected. The same color code appearance varies too much on Android depending on screen type for light and dark modes so, as before, I ultimately decided to not set default values. 

Ya, I didn't think about loops, but seems it should just pick first match. Probably don't need null of that helps.

I'll try to add "Not null and not equal to" comparison in the next update, probably as the lowest comparison priority so greater/less than values can be caught first.  I was hesitant to add this in the beginning as I anticipated too many support issues as not equal could catch multiple unrelated states.

Will there be a way for nodeserver to specify default colors for values sometime in the future?

I'll have to think about this one, currently there is no value in the NLS for color.  This would require additional work during synchronization to insert new and preserve existing user defined values.

Also noticed the node value changes to a number when you view it after creating for an enumerated value.

I'll try to add mappings for existing values in the next update.  

A few other issues which should be fixed soon:

Lock error on back top bar back button press shows lock.  Node Dashboard does not reflect color.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:40 PM, Javi said:

Android Alpha 0.110 (Closed Testing)

Added not null Status Mappings. Fixed existing Status Mappings not showing mapped values. Node Dashboard now honors Status Mappings.  Updated wiki with Not Null mapping values.

I'm running 0.111. This morning I noticed that it appears to be using the default icon rather than the one set under Edit Favorite:

image.png.35c705953df404fd7d5be06f6c26a4ae.png

image.png.d5fffbec002d2283e0ddaf3a949e0147.png

3 hours ago, DaveStLou said:

I'm running 0.111. This morning I noticed that it appears to be using the default icon rather than the one set under Edit Favorite:

Hi Dave,

I can not replicate this behavior.  Can you check if the node has an Individual Status Mapping overriding the favorite Icon (Favorites Tab -> Click Edit -> Click Favorite -> Select Configure Colors/Values/Icons) ?

I have updated our wiki to reflect that Favorite Icons have lower priority to Individual mapped values when there is a Display Node. Also note that Individual Status Mappings are linked at the Node Status level so it affects both Home Tab And Favorites Tab. So, if the Favorite Display Status is the same Status used on the Home Tab setting an Individual Status Mapping will override both when the comparison is matched.

I also just noticed that both the Favorites Icon and Individual Status Mapping Icon have no delete option. So, if an Icon was set the only way return to Use Default Icon is delete the entire Individual Status Mapping then recreated.  I also just noticed that the color edit dialog populating with the default value instead of the user input. I'll try to get these fixed in the next update.

4 hours ago, Javi said:

I can not replicate this behavior.  Can you check if the node has an Individual Status Mapping overriding the favorite Icon (Favorites Tab -> Click Edit -> Click Favorite -> Select Configure Colors/Values/Icons) ?

I checked "Configure Colors/Values/Icons" and it says "No User Mapped Values for this Node Property".

• 2 weeks later...

iOS Beta 0.5.6

Note: Sync will be required to change mapped Icons/values  for folders and Scenes.

Added Customizations.  Colors can be changed based on Status values at the Global, Individual and Favorites level.  Status mappings available at the individual level. 

Customization Wiki Instructions will remain as Android Only until pushed to production.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Customizations.28Currently_Android_Only.29

I've just started playing with UD Mobile for iOS, and I like it a lot.  I'm still in the process of setting up Favorites, etc., but it's all fairly intuitive.

I do already have one feature request though.  Is there any plan to enable the transfer of Favorites between devices?  For example, I have both an iPhone and an iPad, and would love to be able to create a Favorite on one and then be able to export it to the other.  Setting Favorites isn't all that difficult, but I'm fundamentally lazy.

Thanks,
Frank

On 12/4/2021 at 5:46 PM, Javi said:

Hi @fmk2,

Currently we have a manual backup and restore option. I've just added instructions to our Wiki (linked below). Please let us know if additional instructions are needed.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Backup_and_Restore

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I backup my UD Mobile app on my iPhone to iCloud, pull a copy of the file from iCloud down to my iPad and then try to Restore on the iPad, it doesn't work.  I still see the same Favorites that the iPad already had on it, and the additional ones from the iPhone aren't there.  I expected everything on the iPad to be replaced with whatever was on the iPhone.

Did I miss a step or something?  Or does this process not work between iPhones and iPads?

Thanks,
Frank

Archived