UD Mobile Release Announcements

Javi

1 minute ago, JimboAutomates said:

I mean adding adding support for setting managing spokens for Google Home, like was just added for Alexa.   But a nice web UI would be good.

I know what you meant and it would be nice.

I spend a lot more time on my pc's than on my Iphone and I use mostly use Home Assistant for controlling (not programming) my setup, because it is a lot more user friendly than the Administrative Console. However on my phone I use UD Mobile. While HA is usually very nice (*) I'd rather not use a 3rd party App and also the need to use a separate RPi. That is why I so much want UD Mobile to work on my computers.

(*) Since Friday I have serious problems with  the UD Integration on Home Assistant. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @asbril,

Although I have not personally tested the following integrations they are available. Windows 11 now has the Amazon App Store. So if your PC meets the hardware requirements UD Mobile can be downloaded from Amazon.  New MACs with an M1 chip support iOS Apps.  

The app has been tested with the Blue Stacks emulator and does work.  Blue Stacks is available for both Windows and MAC.  

3 hours ago, Javi said:

Hi @asbril,

Although I have not personally tested the following integrations they are available. Windows 11 now has the Amazon App Store. So if your PC meets the hardware requirements UD Mobile can be downloaded from Amazon.  New MACs with an M1 chip support iOS Apps.  

The app has been tested with the Blue Stacks emulator and does work.  Blue Stacks is available for both Windows and MAC.  

Nice Javi, I will test that tomorrow

17 hours ago, Javi said:

Hi @asbril,

@Javi This is absolutely amazing ! I installed it on one of my pc's and it does everything I was looking for. The initial setup took some 15 minutes and I actually used the Google App Store instead of the Amazon Store, but same results. I added Bluestack to my windows taskbar, and then I need to wait a minute to get to UD Mobile.

Maybe one day I can get directly to UD Mobile, but right now I am a happy camper. Thanks Javi for the amazing App and your help.

BTW This morning Michel , once again, helped out of a major disaster with my setup.

My whole Zwave network had crashed and nothing I could think of worked. Michel identified that one of my devices was creating havoc and by power cycling a switch that seemed to be the culprit, my whole system came back..... and Michel relieved me of my frustration.

I am more and more getting on @lilyoyo1's side that Zwave has serious issues, but I have invested a lot in my setup. However once there is a new Lutron nodeserver, tested and working, I will gradually move to RA3.

14 minutes ago, asbril said:

@Javi This is absolutely amazing ! I installed it on one of my pc's and it does everything I was looking for. The initial setup took some 15 minutes and I actually used the Google App Store instead of the Amazon Store, but same results. I added Bluestack to my windows taskbar, and then I need to wait a minute to get to UD Mobile.

Maybe one day I can get directly to UD Mobile, but right now I am a happy camper. Thanks Javi for the amazing App and your help.

BTW This morning Michel , once again, helped out of a major disaster with my setup.

My whole Zwave network had crashed and nothing I could think of worked. Michel identified that one of my devices was creating havoc and by power cycling a switch that seemed to be the culprit, my whole system came back..... and Michel relieved me of my frustration.

I am more and more getting on @lilyoyo1's side that Zwave has serious issues, but I have invested a lot in my setup. However once there is a new Lutron nodeserver, tested and working, I will gradually move to RA3.

For that comment, I got you when it happens. ?

I now have been using UD Mobile for several days on two of my Windows 11 computers and I am very impressed. The Bluestack solution works perfectly and I even found a way to add  UD Mobile to my taskbar.

UD Mobile is very flexible. I added folders and scenes to the UD Mobile's favorites tab and I can do everything (*), and more than what I used to do on Home Asssitant (as a front for ISY).  I have devices on both ISY and I-on-P, and they can all be used in UD Mobile. I wil give it a bit more time, but  I don't think that I will need Home Assistant anymore.

I also added the same UD Mobile solution to an older Windows 10 computer, but there the performance is not as good.

As an aside, after moving some of my Zwave devices, programs and nodeservers,  from ISY to I-on-P, I have noticed a serious improvement of my setup. It is faster and the Administrative Console opens properly 99% of the time, compared to before when often I had to try 4 or 5 times before the AC would open.

My only small issue now is that I have a Homeseer dimmer switch in our master bedroom that I set up so that the sentinels show green or red to let me know if lights are on in the different rooms. Because two rooms are now on I-on-P, these two rooms no longer show. Something to work on.

In short, bravo to UD and Javi.

(*)  I work a lot on my computers and  prefer to use the pc to turn on lights, music programs etc rather than using my phone. I have both Alexa and Google Home, but voice commands are not always accurate (my European accent ???? ?).

• 2 weeks later...

iOS Beta 0.6.9 (live)

Added alexa configuration for ISY Portal.  Add/edit/view individual Alexa Spoken configuration from a Node's Dashboard by clicking the voice icon at the top.  Add/edit/view all spokens from Admin Tab.  Legacy Elk Module configurations (non-Node Server) is implemented but not tested. UD Mobile does not support the Legacy Elk Module so these types can only be accessed from the Admin Tab

iOS Beta 0.7.0 (in review)

Fixed missing Alexa AV parameter. Updated Systems Settings UI. Bug Fixes.

iOS Beta 0.7.1 (submitted)

Fixed Editor Range Picker creation for Step, Precision, and Decimal min/max values. Removed the raw suffix from raw UOM, sync required. Renamed variable Init command to Initial Startup Value, sync required.

Android 0.128 (live)

Fixed Alexa AV Type value change. Bug Fixes.

Android 0.129 (in review)

Fixed Editor Range Picker creation for Step, Precision, and Decimal min/max values. Removed the raw suffix from raw UOM, sync required. Renamed variable Init command to Initial Startup Value, sync required.

@Javi

I have been meaning to bring this to your attention for awhile and since I just updated to the latest version now seems like a good time.

It has gotten very hard to change thermostat set points in the last several versions on Android. The list of predefined values that you could select from is gone. In addition, UD Mobile no longer excepts the "." character.

Attempting to change temperature often results in a change that goes to the thermostat limit, in my case 80 degrees.

I just tried to set a custom color for Tempest battery voltage and could not enter the value of 2.40 volts because the app wouldn't accept the period character.

Hi @DennisC,

Thanks for the report. I'll push 0.130 as soon as 0.129 is finished with review to fix the editor input. 

Did the list of predefined values turn into an edit text on the latest version or  a previous version?   The picker should be shown if there are equal to or less than 200 pickable values, it will show the edit dialog if there are more.  This value was increased from around 150 to 200 in January. However the most recent version will now count step values. If the step value is less than 1 all steps will now count toward the 200 limit.  If this is not the case then I may need to look at the nodes editor file.

Android 0.130

0.130 Fixed decimal and negative number input of editor range raw entry dialog. Fixed populating of existing computed value for editor range raw entry dialog.

1 hour ago, Javi said:

Hi @DennisC,

Thanks for the report. I'll push 0.130 as soon as 0.129 is finished with review to fix the editor input. 

Did the list of predefined values turn into an edit text on the latest version or  a previous version?   The picker should be shown if there are equal to or less than 200 pickable values, it will show the edit dialog if there are more.  This value was increased from around 150 to 200 in January. However the most recent version will now count step values. If the step value is less than 1 all steps will now count toward the 200 limit.  If this is not the case then I may need to look at the nodes editor file.

Android 0.130

0.130 Fixed decimal and negative number input of editor range raw entry dialog. Fixed populating of existing computed value for editor range raw entry dialog.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question pertaining to "edit text"?

Setpoint currently says "enter value" when you try to adjust. This happened some time ago, but it was this year.

Hi @DennisC,

The number input fix should now be live in alpha/beta builds.

If I understand correctly the control previously had a scrollable list of values, then changed to a raw numerical input (edit text) after an app update.  Are these assumption correct?   If my assumptions are correct,  what is the device type (i.e.Node Server, Z-Wave, etc.)? Does synchronization correct the issue?  

I ask as changes made in the last few months, beside yesterday's update, should not have changed this behavior.  If this is a Node Server it is possible the range of accepted values changed. If the range of accepted values is greater than 200 the app will show raw input (edit text) instead of a scrollable list of values.   The current range limit of 200 values may need to be changed to a greater number after Yesterday's update as it may cause nodes, such as thermostats, with steps of 0.5 to hit the range limit after the first 100 whole numbers.

1 hour ago, Javi said:

Hi @DennisC,

The number input fix should now be live in alpha/beta builds.

If I understand correctly the control previously had a scrollable list of values, then changed to a raw numerical input (edit text) after an app update.  Are these assumption correct?   If my assumptions are correct,  what is the device type (i.e.Node Server, Z-Wave, etc.)? Does synchronization correct the issue?  

I ask as changes made in the last few months, beside yesterday's update, should not have changed this behavior.  If this is a Node Server it is possible the range of accepted values changed. If the range of accepted values is greater than 200 the app will show raw input (edit text) instead of a scrollable list of values.   The current range limit of 200 values may need to be changed to a greater number after Yesterday's update as it may cause nodes, such as thermostats, with steps of 0.5 to hit the range limit after the first 100 whole numbers.

Your assumptions are mostly correct. This didn't start with yesterday's update, but 4-5 updates ago.

I am running Android and the device is a Zwave thermostat.

I just ran the update and now see whole numbers to choose from ranging from 0.0 to 120.0 F. Values of 0.5 are not present.

Also, previously you could either select from the list or type in your value. Now you can only select from list.

I am not positive but I believe when you went in to setpoint before it broke, you were at a spot in the list equal to your setpoint. Now you are at 0 and need to scroll through the whole list. It's minor but inconvenient.

The same list also appears for customizing color for battery voltage on Tempest, but with only whole numbers it's not going to work well. The range you are dealing with is small, so you need to be able to enter decimal place values (.01 - .09).

3 minutes ago, DennisC said:

@Javi

Now I am getting a UD Subscription error 404, contacting subserver

The rest of is cut off, but some of it appears to be Etimedout - can't read the rest of it 

I believe that is a portal error, ISY portal is not connected to ISY (subserver).   If this is IoP verify you are on the latest version, a previous version had issues with Portal connections.

2 minutes ago, Javi said:

I believe that is a portal error, ISY portal is not connected to ISY (subserver).   If this is IoP verify you are on the latest version, a previous version had issues with Portal connections.

Everything was updated this morning and I was in admin console all morning with no issues. The Portal was not showing any issues. I was all so in PG3, connected to Portal and viewing paid subscriptions.

Everything was fine, 5 minutes after closing out of admin console I opened UD Mobile and got this error.

I just left site.

We recently had a similar issue with IoP (versions 5.4.0 it should be fixed in 5.4.0_2) so this error is still fresh in my mind.  The error, posted below, does not affect local connections but will affect UD Mobile or AC through ISY Portal. This error is only thrown by ISY portal when there is a subscription connection issue with ISY.  If a reboot does not resolve the issue please open a ticket so Michel or Benoit can take a look.

For reference, the full subscription error, see <info> tag:

responses:

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><s:Envelope xmlns:s=\"http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope\"><s:Body><UDIDefaultResponse><status>404</status><info>Error contacting sub.server: ETIMEDOUT</info></UDIDefaultResponse></s:Body></s:Envelope>
or:
"Server error"

2 hours ago, Javi said:

We recently had a similar issue with IoP (versions 5.4.0 it should be fixed in 5.4.0_2) so this error is still fresh in my mind.  The error, posted below, does not affect local connections but will affect UD Mobile or AC through ISY Portal. This error is only thrown by ISY portal when there is a subscription connection issue with ISY.  If a reboot does not resolve the issue please open a ticket so Michel or Benoit can take a look.

For reference, the full subscription error, see <info> tag:

responses:

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><s:Envelope xmlns:s=\"http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope\"><s:Body><UDIDefaultResponse><status>404</status><info>Error contacting sub.server: ETIMEDOUT</info></UDIDefaultResponse></s:Body></s:Envelope>
or:
"Server error"

I am currently back at my main residence and not at the location that I experienced the error from. Currently, I can access both locations through UD Mobile with no error.

When the error appeared, it was a notification and when pulled down from the top on Android, it was impossible to see the full message. After a short period it disappears on its own.

I used UD Mobile prior to the IoP upgrade and all was fine. I updated IoP at the site I was at this morning to the following:

udx – 2.6.0_7, isy – 5.4.1.1, pg3 – 3.0.45. Shortly before leaving, I tried UD Mobile and received the error. I did check the Portal and both Polisy had active & on line licenses.

I have not upgraded my current locations Polisy and won't until tomorrow to know if it is associated with IoP v5.4.1.1.

6 minutes ago, Javi said:

Great,  IoP was likely still trying to establish a connection if it was soon after the update.

Android Version 0.131 

Should now be live with the steps fixed, please let me know if it resolves the the value issues.

The IoP upgrade was more than 2 hours before I tried to use UD Mobile. I was doing programming in between.

I did the upgrade to UD Mobile and I can now enter xx.xx values across the board. However, The list of values in the picker is no longer there. Now you must type your changes. Is that the intent?

42 minutes ago, DennisC said:

The IoP upgrade was more than 2 hours before I tried to use UD Mobile. I was doing programming in between.

I did the upgrade to UD Mobile and I can now enter xx.xx values across the board. However, The list of values in the picker is no longer there. Now you must type your changes. Is that the intent?

Thanks @DennisC,

Understood regarding the error, it may have been a temporary internet issue. If it persists please open a ticket as the error shows ioP is not updating Portal with status.

Entering raw values should only be for commands which have more than 200 possible values, all others should show a list.  This number may need to be changed after the recent updates.  If your thermostat has values 0 - 120 with a step of .5 I think it would be good to change this value to something like 250. However if the step values are not defined or defined as .1 this would be 1200 possible values, so changing to 250 will not have any impact.  The app creates this list when the button/status is clicked and may have to iterate over all values for Human readable replacements.  I've set the 200 limit to balance speed, and so the user does not have to scroll over hundreds or thousands of values.

In the AC are the values stepped by 0.5 or 0.1 or something else?  I don't think 1500 values would cause too much of a noticeable delay, but would be many values to scroll through.  Looking at the AC for similar commands it looks like there is an increment and decrement button next to and edit text box. I'll try to add the same in UD Mobile for values over 200 (or wherever we land on that number).

7 minutes ago, Javi said:

Thanks @DennisC,

Understood regarding the error, it may have been a temporary internet issue. If it persists please open a ticket as the error shows ioP is not updating Portal with status.

Entering raw values should only be for commands which have more than 200 possible values, all others should show a list.  This number may need to be changed after the recent updates.  If your thermostat has values 0 - 120 with a step of .5 I think it would be good to change this value to something like 250. However if the step values are not defined or defined as .1 this would be 1200 possible values, so changing to 250 will not have any impact.  The app creates this list when the button/status is clicked and may have to iterate over all values for Human readable replacements.  I've set the 200 limit to balance speed, and so the user does not have to scroll over hundreds or thousands of values.

In the AC are the values stepped by 0.5 or 0.1 or something else?  I don't think 1500 values would cause too much of a noticeable delay, but would be many values to scroll through.  Looking at the AC for similar commands it looks like there is an increment and decrement button next to and edit text box. I'll try to add the same in UD Mobile for values over 200 (or wherever we land on that number).

In the admin console, there are no values to select from, only an up/down arrow. When using the arrows, the values change by .1.

However, the thermostat doesn't .1 -.4 values. Any value entered starting with .5 raises the thermostat to the next larger whole number (rounds up).

Not sure what other information I can supply, but I am willing to test anything you want to try.

24 minutes ago, DennisC said:

In the admin console, there are no values to select from, only an up/down arrow. When using the arrows, the values change by .1.

However, the thermostat doesn't .1 -.4 values. Any value entered starting with .5 raises the thermostat to the next larger whole number (rounds up).

Not sure what other information I can supply, but I am willing to test anything you want to try.

Base on the symptoms of the values earlier in this thread I would say the Editor does not define a step value.  I will ask about that in our next meeting, as I could be either the editor needs to be updated in firmware or that is just the way it is reported. The increment/decrement buttons next to the edit text box may be the best solution today.   

I have been thinking of adding custom editors for individual commands, this would allow users to set  limits/steps/uoms/ect for an individual variable.  In UD Mobile variables are implemented like any other node, so the same implementation could be used to add custom editors values for other nodes. 

Archived