Release 5.3.2 Test Build - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

6 minutes ago, sdynak said:

Got it.. good to know. I thought the upgrades and 500 board would have helped and be ready for moving forward. Thanks

I don't think its the board but something within the coding for locks. 

Everything else zwave works perfectly everytime. Highly responsive and accurate. This applies to tilt sensors, door sensors, motion, outlets, and occupancy switches. 

Options such as when it comes to how a lock is used such as locked by touch or keypad doesnt work (when it updates) so I'm assuming it's a coding issue vs board issue. These changed in 5.3 from 5.0.16 which is when issues started happening. 

1 hour ago, larryllix said:

I see two different naming conventions now, both ending in 5.3.2.zip. Hover your cursor over the link for the file name at the bottom of the browser on mouse based O/Ses.

Unfortunately, I use MacOS and hovering over the link does not yield any file name.  When I download the file using the provided link, I get a folder, with three sub-folders, and numerous folders below that, but no file anywhere that I can find that ended in 5.3.2.zip.  There is only one .zip file, and it is named DEF.zip.

Update: I downloaded the file using a different browser (firefox, in this case) and get a folder named 5.3.2.zip.  This did not happen with Safari.  Interesting.

9 minutes ago, oberkc said:

Unfortunately, I use MacOS and hovering over the link does not yield any file name.  When I download the file using the provided link, I get a folder, with three sub-folders, and numerous folders below that, but no file anywhere that I can find that ended in 5.3.2.zip.  There is only one .zip file, and it is named DEF.zip.

Update: I downloaded the file using a different browser (firefox, in this case) and get a folder named 5.3.2.zip.  This did not happen with Safari.  Interesting.

The file for non-PLM is udi_oadr_5.3.2.zip, while the PLM version is Insteon_5.3.2.zip.

Maybe your file browser cannot show an underscore or  it gets chopped in the downloading somewhere. Apple brainstorm :)?

Just now, larryllix said:

Apple brainstorm :)?

I continue to find little problems with the Mac computer OS.  I mostly have found workarounds, but sometimes that takes a bit of research and I usually find it frustrating.  I am undecided whether to continue to use a Mac when it comes time to replace my current machine.

1 minute ago, oberkc said:

I continue to find little problems with the Mac computer OS.  I mostly have found workarounds, but sometimes that takes a bit of research and I usually find it frustrating.  I am undecided whether to continue to use a Mac when it comes time to replace my current machine.

The iPads and iPhones are top notch when it comes to compact size, entertainment (A/V) and user ease of usage but for business, or programming type applications, Windows is tops. I have tried a few tablets and other "toys" for these applications but none have come close to the full browsers Windows offers. Linux is trying to copy Microsoft's GUI, but that brings back slow computers, and introduces many bugs and virus problems.

When problems arise on the many tablets in our house (They have a few different brands) and I ask what the URL is, I get the response, "The page says XXXXX at the top". I guess they aren't supposed to know what a URL is or what URL will be launched when you click a link??  My guess is the HTML5/CSS3/js gurus have decided to just leave touchpads behind, with the later definitions.

I have now updated my ISY-994 software to 5.3.2.  Update appeared to go without problems.

Unfortunately, the one z-wave switch that I use as a test case (yet unsure about the other z-wave switches in my house) stopped updating.  I excluded it, and added it back, and it is now back in working order.

Good news: I can now add the "custom button press" node and can use that node in a program "control" condition.  Before, I could not do this.  

Disappointing news: KPL buttons that are responders in a scene do not respond to this z-wave switch in the same scene, as a controller.

2 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I don't think its the board but something within the coding for locks. 

Everything else zwave works perfectly everytime. Highly responsive and accurate. This applies to tilt sensors, door sensors, motion, outlets, and occupancy switches. 

Options such as when it comes to how a lock is used such as locked by touch or keypad doesnt work (when it updates) so I'm assuming it's a coding issue vs board issue. These changed in 5.3 from 5.0.16 which is when issues started happening. 

Thanks again.. Not sure if you know but do you think with the new board and 5.0.16 there would be any compatibility? Just trying to see if it is worth downgrading only to 5.0.16 and leave the new board and try from there. 

17 minutes ago, sdynak said:

Thanks again.. Not sure if you know but do you think with the new board and 5.0.16 there would be any compatibility? Just trying to see if it is worth downgrading only to 5.0.16 and leave the new board and try from there. 

There's no compatibility issues with 5.0.16. Support for the new board started in 5.0.13 i believe

@Chris Jahn, Thanks for the latest test release.  This resolved the "Green Tag" on my locks, but the Green Tag remains on a couple of my devices.   I tried to do a forced write and repair links, but still nothing seems to get rid of the Green Tag.  

Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] ----------------------------------------------
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] Need to write the following for [ZW044_1] - ZW 044.01 Chlorinator
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] ----------------------------------------------
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] Need to write the following for [ZW044_003_1] - ZW 044.03 Oscar
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    - Control Links
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] ZW 044 Heat=Pool Cool=Spa
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] ZW044_140 uid=44 security=None type=4.16.1 mid=5 tid=20549 pid=1619
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] ZW044_1 - Primary Isy Node
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x20  V1   BASIC
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x91  V1   MANUFACTURER_PROPRIETARY
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x73  V1   POWERLEVEL
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x72  V1   MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x86  V1   VERSION
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x81  V1   CLOCK
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x60  V2   MULTI_CHANNEL
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x70  V1   CONFIGURATION
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x85  V1   ASSOCIATION
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x25  V1   SWITCH_BINARY
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x27  V1   SWITCH_ALL
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x43  V1   THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x31  V1   SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  x30  V1   SENSOR_BINARY
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ]    -  xEF  V0   MARK
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] - Secure
Wed 01/27/2021 03:59:13 PM : [ZW-SHOW         ] 

Is it correct that the only way to downgrade FW is by factory resetting the ISY & installing an earlier version from backup? Could you go right to the last FW you want? This is the first upgrade I have had issues over many years and want to downgrade to get functionality back. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, dbuss said:

You downgrade to the firmware you want without resetting your ISY. You will need a good backup from the version to which you are downgrading.

Ok.. I asked because I just tried and it did not downgrade to a good 5.0.16c backup and saw something about goin backwards on FW you have to start from scratch & build back to the one you want. Not sure why it didn't work for me then. Thanks..

20 minutes ago, sdynak said:

Ok.. I asked because I just tried and it did not downgrade to a good 5.0.16c backup and saw something about goin backwards on FW you have to start from scratch & build back to the one you want. Not sure why it didn't work for me then. Thanks..

The recommended steps to downgrade are.

1.reset ISY

2. Install Downgraded firmware

3. Restore ISY with good backup from downgraded firmware.

9 minutes ago, dbuss said:

Did you install the downgraded firmware?

Yes.. I did a restore ISY with a backup from 5.0.16c and it stayed on 5.3.2. I then read some posts saying that the backups don't actually contain the FW and only devices, programs, settings and the like. Have had ISY for over 5 years and never downgraded or thought about it until now. I only have 2 Z-wave devices and my lock is no longer working sufficiently since I sent to 5.3.2 and unusable. That is why I want to go back on top of errors I got after installing (can see in a previous post in this thread)

1 minute ago, sdynak said:

Yes.. I did a restore ISY with a backup from 5.0.16c and it stayed on 5.3.2. I then read some posts saying that the backups don't actually contain the FW and only devices, programs, settings and the like. Have had ISY for over 5 years and never downgraded or thought about it until now. I only have 2 Z-wave devices and my lock is no longer working sufficiently since I sent to 5.3.2 and unusable. That is why I want to go back on top of errors I got after installing (can see in a previous post in this thread)

The backups do not include the firmware. The downgraded firmware needs to be installed in before the downgraded backup can be used.

Well unfortunately even after rolling back to 5.0.16c I am still having status issues with my Schlage. I tried factory resetting, excluding & adding back. I did get an error when I first rolled back and it seems related to the Schlage lock. Possibly because I had to exclude & include and maybe it had old info. 

One of the few things I have that I really want to be consistent and it just is not happening. I know this is not the right thread but I had some posts about 5.3.2 with similar issues. 

The only thing I have not done yet is factory reset the new dongle. Any thoughts if that will make a difference? Really not a big deal with only 2 devices. 

Thanks..

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.00.57 PM.png

1 hour ago, sdynak said:

Well unfortunately even after rolling back to 5.0.16c I am still having status issues with my Schlage. I tried factory resetting, excluding & adding back. I did get an error when I first rolled back and it seems related to the Schlage lock. Possibly because I had to exclude & include and maybe it had old info. 

One of the few things I have that I really want to be consistent and it just is not happening. I know this is not the right thread but I had some posts about 5.3.2 with similar issues. 

The only thing I have not done yet is factory reset the new dongle. Any thoughts if that will make a difference? Really not a big deal with only 2 devices. 

Thanks..

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.00.57 PM.png

I really think you should open a support ticket with UD. They are very helpful and usually respond quickly.

Upgraded to 5.3.2 and my zooz double switch aka ZEN30 didn't like it: https://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zen30-double-switch.html

I'm using this switch in a ceiling fan config where the dimmer is for the light and relay is fan motor on/off. Each time the relay portion of the switch was turned on ISY thought that the dimmer was also turned on.

The actual light in the room was not on.  ISY just thought it was every time the relay portion was switched on.

Reverted to 5.3.1 and restored a backup and back to normal as far as this particular switch is concerned.

2 hours ago, danbutter said:

Upgraded to 5.3.2 and my zooz double switch aka ZEN30 didn't like it: https://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zen30-double-switch.html

I'm using this switch in a ceiling fan config where the dimmer is for the light and relay is fan motor on/off. Each time the relay portion of the switch was turned on ISY thought that the dimmer was also turned on.

The actual light in the room was not on.  ISY just thought it was every time the relay portion was switched on.

Reverted to 5.3.1 and restored a backup and back to normal as far as this particular switch is concerned.

You seem to be right. I have the same switch, with the dimmer controlling my fan lamp in the kitchen and the lower button controlling a balcony light. I will open a ticket with UDI and in the meantime I will create a program that switches off the kitchen fan lamp when the lower button is ON.

15 hours ago, asbril said:

You seem to be right. I have the same switch, with the dimmer controlling my fan lamp in the kitchen and the lower button controlling a balcony light. I will open a ticket with UDI and in the meantime I will create a program that switches off the kitchen fan lamp when the lower button is ON.

As temporary solution I have created 2 programs. There may be a better way, but this seems to work.

Assume that the upper button  is A and the lower is B :

Program 1 :

IF

B is ON

THEN

Set A to OFF

Program 2 :

IF

A is not OFF

THEN

Wait 5 seconds

Disable Program 1