Release 5.3.2 Test Build - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

22 hours ago, danbutter said:

Upgraded to 5.3.2 and my zooz double switch aka ZEN30 didn't like it: https://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zen30-double-switch.html

I'm using this switch in a ceiling fan config where the dimmer is for the light and relay is fan motor on/off. Each time the relay portion of the switch was turned on ISY thought that the dimmer was also turned on.

The actual light in the room was not on.  ISY just thought it was every time the relay portion was switched on.

Reverted to 5.3.1 and restored a backup and back to normal as far as this particular switch is concerned.

Please do right+click on the node and select Z-Wave | Z-Wave Options | Custom Sensor/Button Press detection | Update Device Status

Select No for the option, indicating that a button press for this node does not also mean its status changed.  Here's the help text for it to give you a better idea of what is happening:

Whenever a sensor has been triggered or a button has been pressed, the
Z-Wave device sends out a message to the ISY, and possibly to other
Z-Wave devices as well.

For most switches and sensors the message also indicates the current status
of the device.  For example, if a switch sends an Off message then the
local load on the device (e.g. a lamp) is also switched off.

This option allows you to specify whether or not to use this value for the
current status of the device.

35 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

Please do right+click on the node and select Z-Wave | Z-Wave Options | Custom Sensor/Button Press detection | Update Device Status

Select No for the option, indicating that a button press for this node does not also mean its status changed.  Here's the help text for it to give you a better idea of what is happening:

Z-Wave devices as well.

Thanks Chris, that did the job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/27/2021 at 6:46 AM, oberkc said:

While I have upgraded to numerous versions over the years, it is suddenly unclear to me which file is the one to choose.  Is it the "DEF.zip"?  Has something changed in the naming convention?  I thought they used to be called "insteon_X.X.X.zip" or something similar.

I had this problem too.  If you are on a Mac and just click the link it will download and unZip it for you which isn't what you want.  You want to right click and select "Download Linked File" and that will give youth Zip file as is.

8 hours ago, lezone said:

I had this problem too.  If you are on a Mac and just click the link it will download and unZip it for you which isn't what you want.  You want to right click and select "Download Linked File" and that will give youth Zip file as is.

I guess yet another case where the Mac thinks it knows better what you want than you do.

On 2/3/2021 at 3:05 PM, Chris Jahn said:

Z-Wave devices as well.

Upgraded back to 5.3.2 this morning and did exactly what you said above and it worked perfectly.

Thanks as always for the continued support!

I'm finally pleased to report that my Inovelli LZW30 On-Off Switch (Black Series) finally works on this version.  The "Writing updates to device" icon no longer shows after a few days, and the device added without incident, although it did still complain that it could not "securely" add the device, even though the device was added.

The only other thing is occasionally I login to the Admin console and I get a message that the ISY could not contact the switch.  I have no idea why it says that, since I can reach it via the web console and my ISY programs seem to have no issue turning the switch on or off.

I am running firmware version 1.22, which is a beta release that for some reason I can't seem to find on their website right now.  I loaded this one in order to set Parameter 51 to "0" which reduces the time from switching on from the default 700ms delay.

7 hours ago, oatflake said:

The only other thing is occasionally I login to the Admin console and I get a message that the ISY could not contact the switch.

I have this several times every day, mostly with Inovelli switches and bulbs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, RLawson said:

Initially tried migrating from 4.8 to 5.3.2 - multiple issues with my zwave devices and propgrams . Eventually decided to upgrade and rebuild my zwave system.  Upgrade went well and system is running fine - no issues.  Also default  mail server is back running on this version.   I have a question - how do you heal you zwave system after adding new devices  in this version?

Did anyone ever tell you how to HEAL the Z-wave network with this new dongle on 5.3.2?  I would also like to know.  

On 1/28/2021 at 4:18 PM, sdynak said:

Well unfortunately even after rolling back to 5.0.16c I am still having status issues with my Schlage. I tried factory resetting, excluding & adding back. I did get an error when I first rolled back and it seems related to the Schlage lock. Possibly because I had to exclude & include and maybe it had old info. 

One of the few things I have that I really want to be consistent and it just is not happening. I know this is not the right thread but I had some posts about 5.3.2 with similar issues. 

The only thing I have not done yet is factory reset the new dongle. Any thoughts if that will make a difference? Really not a big deal with only 2 devices. 

Thanks..

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.00.57 PM.png

I just upgraded to the new 500 series board and 5.3.2.  I ultimately had to move the ISY to within a few feet of the SCHLAGE door locks and perform the following steps (apparently when sending the security keys, the range is very short) :

The lock needs to be installed in the door. Do a reset by removing the battery and holding down on the Schlage button on the outside of the door and connect the battery. The green check mark will blink twice. Enter a default unlock code (USER A or USER B ) as read from back of the lock or book. The lock will go thought a calibration.  Extend the bolt on the lock by pressing the Schlage button on the outside of lock.  Bring the ISY within 1 foot of the lock (I used a long network cable).  Go the the z-wave utility in the app.  Issue a general exclude.  Enter the programming code on the lock followed by zero to force the lock to go to exclude mode.  The light on lock will blink faster.  Make sure that the green check make appears.  The app will say one device excluded. 

It will pair now.

After including all of the locks, turn OFF sending secret keys     (Zwave / Options / Allow Secure devices to be added / NO) and put the ISY back in its original location.

22 hours ago, Cottonwood said:

I just upgraded to the new 500 series board and 5.3.2.  I ultimately had to move the ISY to within a few feet of the SCHLAGE door locks and perform the following steps (apparently when sending the security keys, the range is very short) :

The lock needs to be installed in the door. Do a reset by removing the battery and holding down on the Schlage button on the outside of the door and connect the battery. The green check mark will blink twice. Enter a default unlock code (USER A or USER B ) as read from back of the lock or book. The lock will go thought a calibration.  Extend the bolt on the lock by pressing the Schlage button on the outside of lock.  Bring the ISY within 1 foot of the lock (I used a long network cable).  Go the the z-wave utility in the app.  Issue a general exclude.  Enter the programming code on the lock followed by zero to force the lock to go to exclude mode.  The light on lock will blink faster.  Make sure that the green check make appears.  The app will say one device excluded. 

It will pair now.

After including all of the locks, turn OFF sending secret keys     (Zwave / Options / Allow Secure devices to be added / NO) and put the ISY back in its original location.

Thank you.. I ended up opening a ticked with UDI.. for the moment I am still on 5.0.16c and added a z-wave repeater. I have things working about 80% of the time but still get intermittent issues. I guess it is as good as it will get for now. I may eventually move forward with the latest at some point and if I have issues will give these suggestions a go. The problem is my ISY is already in the same room in line of sight so if things are that sensitive it will never be 100%. 

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded from 5.3.1 to 5.3.2. Installation was easy but noticed that all timed events were now happening an hour early in the Phoenix, AZ time zone (no daylight savings time here). The computer's clock time and date are correct. Clock settings in the Configuration tab of the UD Admin Console retained the correct time zone, but the DST box was checked but grayed out and the Admin Console clock was an hour fast. This could be corrected by pressing Synchronize Clock with the Computer's Time, but when the clock was synchronized with the NTP server ntp.pool.org with the Synchronize Now button, the Admin Console Time jumped ahead by an hour. NTP time is always reported as UTC time, and local time adjustments (including DST) is made by the client software, in this case, the Admin Console.

The only way I was eventually able to uncheck the DST box was to choose another time zone, and then go back to the Phoenix time zone. The DST box was now not grayed out and was unchecked. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, Mr.12 said:

but the DST box was checked but grayed out

The box on the first tab is greyed out because it's not just a tickbox anymore.  if you click change location there is now a dropdown at the bottom of the page. 

image.thumb.png.859577da627e118e934511b2171f5ea8.png

On 1/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, oberkc said:

Unfortunately, I use MacOS and hovering over the link does not yield any file name.  When I download the file using the provided link, I get a folder, with three sub-folders, and numerous folders below that, but no file anywhere that I can find that ended in 5.3.2.zip.  There is only one .zip file, and it is named DEF.zip.

Update: I downloaded the file using a different browser (firefox, in this case) and get a folder named 5.3.2.zip.  This did not happen with Safari.  Interesting.

I’ve fixed It by disabling the auto-open option here.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/25/mac-automatically-opening-downloads/

Archived