Humbly request your assistance - Integer and State values won't change

Sorry to bother you all with this, but I've read the Wiki and scanned the forum boards and can't seem to find my problem.  Hoping someone smarter than I can point to my error.   

I've had my ISY994i/IR Pro exclusively in combination with Insteon devices for a few years now and have been very happy with they system.  Now that I have a little more time available, I'm trying to get a little more refined with conditional programming, but having trouble with the simple task of getting either Integers or State values to react.   They stay unchanged after many attempts to prove that I can adjust their values via test programs.  I found one other forum chat with exactly the same symptoms, but ultimately realized his test program was disabled.   Here's where I am at: 

1. Created both a new Integer and a State value with the following settings:    initial:0, Value:0, Prec:0 and saved.   They are the only Integer and State value containers I have.  I want to prove can change their values via programs.

2. Created Test Program 1:  Named Test1_StateValue        If:   No conditions     Then:  $State_1 += 1   Else: $State_1 +=10

3. Created Test Program 2: Named  Test2_IntegerValue      (Same settings except used $Int_1 for both Then and Else statements with same value settings.

4. Attempted multiple tries manipulating the values using Test Programs 1 and 2 (right click/Run Then, and right click/Run Else, for both)    Each time, I checked for a change in the variables table of the UI and found unchanged zero values after each attempt.

5.  Refresh Values and Reload from the Variables Table Screen was tried repeatedly after each test iteration to ensure I'm not looking at old static data.

5.  Changed Test Program 1 to:   $State_1 = 1   Else:  $State_1 =10 ,  as well as also using the same values in Test Program 2 (adjusting the action for $INT container of course)   Tested both sets of Run Then and Run Else commands but still get no value changes or Last Changed updates.

I restarted my ISY and tried the full testing procedure again.   I upgraded the ISY firmware from v5.0.13 to Insteon_UD994 v.5.30. (dtd 2020-10-01) and tried all the above testing again from scratch with no joy.  I have tried periodically Refreshing and Reloading from the Variables Table screen.   I've tried testing after changing the prec value to no avail.   I verified that my test programs were enabled.  I tested an unrelated program and it worked as expected proving that the issue isn't affecting all program executions.  I checked all other existing live programs to ensure they had no links to any INT or STATE value containers.   I can manually change the value in the Variables Table screen and that's the only thing that will change the Last Changed date. 

I'm at a loss.  Any suggestions?

1 Help Screen.JPG

2 Sample Program.JPG

3 Variables Table Screen.JPG

4.  Proof the programs were saved and enabled.JPG

1 hour ago, Bizywk said:

Sorry to bother you all with this, but I've read the Wiki and scanned the forum boards and can't seem to find my problem.  Hoping someone smarter than I can point to my error.   

I've had my ISY994i/IR Pro exclusively in combination with Insteon devices for a few years now and have been very happy with they system.  Now that I have a little more time available, I'm trying to get a little more refined with conditional programming, but having trouble with the simple task of getting either Integers or State values to react.   They stay unchanged after many attempts to prove that I can adjust their values via test programs.  I found one other forum chat with exactly the same symptoms, but ultimately realized his test program was disabled.   Here's where I am at: 

1. Created both a new Integer and a State value with the following settings:    initial:0, Value:0, Prec:0 and saved.   They are the only Integer and State value containers I have.  I want to prove can change their values via programs.

2. Created Test Program 1:  Named Test1_StateValue        If:   No conditions     Then:  $State_1 += 1   Else: $State_1 +=10

3. Created Test Program 2: Named  Test2_IntegerValue      (Same settings except used $Int_1 for both Then and Else statements with same value settings.

4. Attempted multiple tries manipulating the values using Test Programs 1 and 2 (right click/Run Then, and right click/Run Else, for both)    Each time, I checked for a change in the variables table of the UI and found unchanged zero values after each attempt.

5.  Refresh Values and Reload from the Variables Table Screen was tried repeatedly after each test iteration to ensure I'm not looking at old static data.

5.  Changed Test Program 1 to:   $State_1 = 1   Else:  $State_1 =10 ,  as well as also using the same values in Test Program 2 (adjusting the action for $INT container of course)   Tested both sets of Run Then and Run Else commands but still get no value changes or Last Changed updates.

I restarted my ISY and tried the full testing procedure again.   I upgraded the ISY firmware from v5.0.13 to Insteon_UD994 v.5.30. (dtd 2020-10-01) and tried all the above testing again from scratch with no joy.  I have tried periodically Refreshing and Reloading from the Variables Table screen.   I've tried testing after changing the prec value to no avail.   I verified that my test programs were enabled.  I tested an unrelated program and it worked as expected proving that the issue isn't affecting all program executions.  I checked all other existing live programs to ensure they had no links to any INT or STATE value containers.   I can manually change the value in the Variables Table screen and that's the only thing that will change the Last Changed date. 

I'm at a loss.  Any suggestions?

1 Help Screen.JPG

2 Sample Program.JPG

3 Variables Table Screen.JPG

4.  Proof the programs were saved and enabled.JPG

Try changing your then to this:

$State_1 = 1

Remove the + sign.

Just now, dbuss said:

Try changing your then to this:

$State_1 = 1

Remove the + sign.

He posted he did.

"5.  Changed Test Program 1 to:   $State_1 = 1   Else:  $State_1 =10 ,  as well as also using the same values in Test Program 2 (adjusting the action for $INT container of course)   Tested both sets of Run Then and Run Else commands but still get no value changes or Last Changed updates. "

3 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Out of curiosity, you didn't mention the time of last update, if it changed at all.
How old is your ISY994?

You seem like a very proficient troubleshooter so I would contact UDI support. "Something smells in Denmark", there.

The only way I can get the State or Integer values to change is a manual change on the Variables Table screen which would then be immediately reflected accurately in the  "Last Updated" box with the correct date and time of the manual change.

I just manually updated the State Value.  The attached is a screen grab (#5) shows the updated value matched against the current time in the upper left corner.   

Just for giggles, after that screen grab, I then right-click/Run Then and right-click Run Else on both programs.    All four attempts are conspicuously absent from my log - screen grab #6 attached. 

6. Absence of any log entry.JPG

5. Manual adjustment of state value.JPG

47 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Out of curiosity, you didn't mention the time of last update, if it changed at all.
How old is your ISY994?

You seem like a very proficient troubleshooter so I would contact UDI support. "Something smells in Denmark", there.

I was hoping to avoid a trouble ticket, but I think you're right, and there is probably no other alternative.    I'm starting to wonder if the issue here really isn't my operator error - except that all other ISY functions appear to work very well and no one else on this forum board seems to be having trouble getting State values to work properly.   I'm just at a loss to find the issue.              

I'll probably file a trouble ticket later tonight unless I can strike gold on this forum tonight.    

Thanks for your help though!    I appreciate it!  

2 minutes ago, Bizywk said:

I was hoping to avoid a trouble ticket, but I think you're right, and there is probably no other alternative.    I'm starting to wonder if the issue here really isn't my operator error - except that all other ISY functions appear to work very well and no one else on this forum board seems to be having trouble getting State values to work properly.   I'm just at a loss to find the issue.              

I'll probably file a trouble ticket later tonight unless I can strike gold on this forum tonight.    

Thanks for your help though!    I appreciate it!  

Ooops.  I failed to answer your age question.     Unsure - 3y maybe?

3 hours ago, Bizywk said:

Ooops.  I failed to answer your age question.     Unsure - 3y maybe?

This sounds like you have these programs in a folder that is disabled!

I have been caught on this a few times now and wasted many hours wondering WTF s going on. There is no indication that the programs have not run but they don't! I would love to see this logic changed for manual testing of programs.

@BizywkJust double checking.... but does Help > About show the same exact versions for UI and Firmware?

What happans if you try adding an If, something simple like:

AAA TEST Copy - [ID 013B][Parent 0001]

If
        From     8:51:00AM
        To       8:52:00AM (same day)

Then
        $stemp_test += 1

Else
        $stemp_test += 1000

Adjust the times to a couple minutes later than your current time and save.   In the example Then should run at 8:51, and Else at 8:52.

Archived