nodes not created for my tags

epfunke

I have a tagserver and tags running.  I can see my tags under the wirelesstag web or phone app.

I authorized the polyglot and it shows in the account page on wirelesstag website,  i copied and pasted the key into the oauth2_code field,  when i look at the details on the polyglot nodeserver, i only see 2 nodes.  wirelesstagscontroller, and a node with my name on it?

Is there something else i need to do?  

If there is a doccument that already covers this can you point me to it

Thanks in advance

Eric

Wireless tag node server 2.0.25

Polyglot 2.2.9-5 on RPi

ISY 5.0.16C

• 2 months later...

Having the same issues with showing the 2 nodes, but nothing helps to show the tags themselves. Works fine in the wireless tag app. Running 5.3.0. I have tried discovering on both the controller and manager with no success. I have also tried rebooting the node server, AC, tag manager etc

image.thumb.png.e4bc89a0bf5128fd195611469aace489.pngimage.thumb.png.a83750c0257db59e4d84d01280313af8.png

6 hours ago, Ajax said:

Having the same issues with showing the 2 nodes, but nothing helps to show the tags themselves. Works fine in the wireless tag app. Running 5.3.0. I have tried discovering on both the controller and manager with no success. I have also tried rebooting the node server, AC, tag manager etc

image.thumb.png.e4bc89a0bf5128fd195611469aace489.pngimage.thumb.png.a83750c0257db59e4d84d01280313af8.png

Try setting monitor tags to true.

I am at work but was able to remote into AC and changed the "Monitor Tags" to True, which worked to an extent! But it only shows 1 of 4 tags. I do not have access to my Polisy to restart the node, but will give that a shot after work today, thanks!

OK I till just have the 1 node showing in AC. All 6 nodes are showing in Polisy but no matter how much I "discover" "install profile" Change "monitor" true restarting AC, nodes etc does not want to show but all is good with Polisy.... I see the 4 tags in Polisy but only one shows in AC (Upstairs)

image.thumb.png.898c68dc469b88c0cc6b6f598a8b7a32.pngimage.thumb.png.cac1be9cb79d12a647f58671811fae1b.png

image.png.c420533fe7b8f806bc41c5e41c545d10.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In an effort to speed things along for you... I'll tag @Jimbo (I just mentioned to you in another thread you have to select the person from the popup menu to get the @ tags to work).

Also I note in a screenshot above that the Debug dropdown is set to "all", make sure it's set that way now then go restart the nodeserver.  After the restart, switch the the log tab and wait for it to catch up and slow or stop, once it does, download it and it an PM that log to @Jimbo

2 hours ago, Ajax said:

@Jimbo any other suggestions? Still just showing the one tag, on any level. Thanks

I never saw a response to my reply so I guess I assumed all was good.  Sometimes the ISY does not properly group them under the hub (in your case "Wireless Tag manager" and they show up at the top of the tree, so make sure they are not actually there but not grouped.

Then do as @MrBill said, restart and generate a Log Package and send that to me so I can look at what it's doing.

@Ajax Have you been able to get this sorted out? Not sure where you're posting to try to get help for your issue as you seemed to have multiple posts for the same issue and @Jimbo is trying to help you here.

I will say that I just started using Wireless Tags and added all the tags before installing the nodeserver and everything showed up in the ISY, but were not grouped correctly. I ungrouped the devices then grouped them and they all stacked fine. 

1. Right click on the node and select "ungroup devices". 
  2. All devices showed up in root tree of ISY
  3. Right click on the node and select "group devices"
  4. all tags moved into group nested under the node

The interesting thing is they seem to stay in the sort order that I have them in the wireless tag app order rather than alphabetical in the AC screen. That's fine, but is interesting to see. 

Also, be sure that you click "Discover" when you add new tags. I recently added a new tag and it didn't appear on the ISY until I hit "Discover" on the screen for the node. 

On 10/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, Geddy said:

@Ajax Have you been able to get this sorted out? Not sure where you're posting to try to get help for your issue as you seemed to have multiple posts for the same issue and @Jimbo is trying to help you here.

I will say that I just started using Wireless Tags and added all the tags before installing the nodeserver and everything showed up in the ISY, but were not grouped correctly. I ungrouped the devices then grouped them and they all stacked fine. 

1. Right click on the node and select "ungroup devices". 
  2. All devices showed up in root tree of ISY
  3. Right click on the node and select "group devices"
  4. all tags moved into group nested under the node

The interesting thing is they seem to stay in the sort order that I have them in the wireless tag app order rather than alphabetical in the AC screen. That's fine, but is interesting to see. 

Also, be sure that you click "Discover" when you add new tags. I recently added a new tag and it didn't appear on the ISY until I hit "Discover" on the screen for the node. 

I have tried that and still the same. Just 1 of the 4 is showing. Actually that 1 is showing twice (1 updates the other does not). Jimbo is looking into it will post back once we have it figured out

image.png.057ba0262537182d81524c903516a9d2.png

Archived