Filtering line noise

Good to read the issue was corrected.

Due to uneven load current. I have seen some Neutral issues. Result in some of the home with a low voltage and the other part a high voltage. Leading to devices being effected.

2 hours ago, dannyk65 said:

bad neutral wire

That's the most dangerous form of this issue.  When either of the two hot wires experience the same issue, it's just dirty power to the circuits attached.  When it's the neutral it causes surges... or flickering caused by voltages increases to all circuits. Had it gotten worse you might be replacing electronics thoughout the house, when the service neutral opens completely 120V becomes 240V.   Glad you got the power company out before that failure occurred. 

4 hours ago, dannyk65 said:

Turns out this was the issue and they fixed the bad neutral wire today.  Thanks again for your replies/suggestions!

This was precisely the issue and they replaced the neutral connection earlier today.  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your advice!

I did exactly that:  incandescent bulb still flickered (badly) and reported to SCE using the keywords you suggested. Within two hours they were here and had fixed a bad neutral connection.  Truly appreciate your advice!  

Awesome!  I always love it when a plan comes together!

Archived