Does ISY check "schedule" in a program continuously?

ISY Newbie

ISY Newbie,

Every event will trigger the ISY to review (my newbie word) all of its programs.  If the event IS NOT mentioned in the IF section of a program, then that program is ignored and it moves onto the next program (we're talking milliseconds here).  If the event IS mentioned in the IF section, then it runs the THEN section if all of the IF section is true or the ELSE section if any of the IF section is false.

Bonus information - Not that you asked, but any change in a State variable is considered an event (thus triggering the ISY to run programs that contain that State variable in the IF section).  However, if an integer variable changes, it is not considered an event.

Regards,

Ross

18 minutes ago, MrBill said:

@ISY Newbie has two active threads and as usual when that happens the replies crossover and become convoluted and confused.

Sometimes I wonder if he's just trolling us. He pops in from time to time with the same issues just phrased differently. Despite multiple people saying post programs and details, those are often lacking and slow to do so. Either he's trolling or is seriously in over his head when it comes to using the isy

26 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Sometimes I wonder if he's just trolling us. He pops in from time to time with the same issues just phrased differently. Despite multiple people saying post programs and details, those are often lacking and slow to do so. Either he's trolling or is seriously in over his head when it comes to using the isy

you'll note my lack of responses in these threads.... I do usually try to help new people in detail....

43 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I don't have time for trolling. I posted my program in the other thread and didn't feel the need to duplicate it here.

For my purposes, I got what I needed all the way back when Asbril explained about the need for a 2-minute wait between commands.

People jumped in and replied even after that, and I tried to be nice by responding to those as well.

If you think I'm a troll, just block me. I really do not appreciate your attitude.

3 minutes ago, ISY Newbie said:

For my purposes, I got what I needed all the way back when Asbril explained about the need for a 2-minute wait between commands.

Please don't start multiple threads that crossover.   This is a relatively small community, everyone that can help reads all new posts.   Creating multiple threads that cross over just create duplication and confusion.    It's much easier on all of us to keep all the facts and related discussion in a single thread.

Just now, MrBill said:

Please don't start multiple threads that crossover.   This is a relatively small community, everyone that can help reads all new posts.   Creating multiple threads that cross over just create duplication and confusion.    It's much easier on all of us to keep all the facts and related discussion in a single thread.

Got it.

But I thought the issues were distinct - one about the "From-Then" schedule and the other about commands not running - although the two issues both arose from the same program. That's why I created separate threads intentionally, for posterity's sake, so people who want to look up a particular issue will land at the right thread. Didn't think they were crossovers.

Anyways, I'll keep in mind that it's better to minimize the number of threads in this community.

2 hours ago, ISY Newbie said:

Got it.

But I thought the issues were distinct - one about the "From-Then" schedule and the other about commands not running - although the two issues both arose from the same program. That's why I created separate threads intentionally, for posterity's sake, so people who want to look up a particular issue will land at the right thread. Didn't think they were crossovers.

Anyways, I'll keep in mind that it's better to minimize the number of threads in this community.

Thanks,  you see what happens.  Your getting people telling you the same things in two threads, and another asking for more information that you've already provided elsewhere. 

I actually view the fact that the ISY allows the user to manually override light states as a feature.

However if you want the outdoor lights to stay on when accidentally manually turned on my suggestion would be different than what's been offered so far.   To minimize power line traffic to avoid collisions, i would suggest using 3 programs:

NightLights 1

If
        From    Sunset 
        To      Surrise (next day)
    And Status  'Exterior / Lights1' is Off

Then
        Wait  10 seconds
        Set 'Exterior / Lights 1' 40%

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

NightLights 2

If
        From    Sunset 
    And Status  'Exterior / Lights2' is Off

Then
        Wait  20 seconds
        Set 'Exterior / Lights 2' 40%

Else

NightLights 3

If
        From    Sunset 
    And Status  'Exterior / Lights3' is Off

Then
        Wait  30 seconds
        Set 'Exterior / Lights 3' 40%

Else

.....the waits could also really probably also be 5,10,15 and you'd be fine....

14 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Thanks,  you see what happens.  Your getting people telling you the same things in two threads, and another asking for more information that you've already provided elsewhere. 

I actually view the fact that the ISY allows the user to manually override light states as a feature.

However if you want the outdoor lights to stay on when accidentally manually turned on my suggestion would be different than what's been offered so far.   To minimize power line traffic to avoid collisions, i would suggest using 3 programs:

Thanks for the suggestion.

(Now, this is a question that I would have created another thread to ask.)

Is there an easy way to "recycle" lines from a previous program?

It's such a chore to individually select a device and weave them into a program. It'd be much easier if you could copy & paste from a previous program, as I'll have to here to create three separate programs to turn them on at a give time of the day.

6 minutes ago, ISY Newbie said:

Is there an easy way to "recycle" lines from a previous program?

Yes, I use it quite frequently.  Click the program name in the tree then right click it and select Copy.   Rename the program and edit as needed.....

Speaking of editing... I'm going to revise my post above... in the first program i did no wait time, I'm going to revise that, to get the first program away from bouncing on a switch being turned off.....   that requires bumps to the other 2 wait times as well.  Editing above now...

10 hours ago, MrBill said:

Yes, I use it quite frequently.  Click the program name in the tree then right click it and select Copy.   Rename the program and edit as needed.....

Speaking of editing... I'm going to revise my post above... in the first program i did no wait time, I'm going to revise that, to get the first program away from bouncing on a switch being turned off.....   that requires bumps to the other 2 wait times as well.  Editing above now...

I wouldn't add too much wait time as the user will activate the switch and walk away, not realising the lights came back on. The user needs to know they came back on. I would presonally use about 1-2 seconds so the user can see what happened.

Archived