Favorites set as default first screen?

johnstonf

Hi,

Thanks for "UD Mobile"!

Is there a way to set Favorites as default first screen?  Great job so far!

Would save clicks everytime going into it.

If not, would it be possible to set as first screen IF there are any favorites, ELSE show normal main screen?

The android version allows you to add a widget and that goes to the favorite screen.

The percentage on is a great idea, or even just a count of not off devices.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You can add it as a widget on latest versions of iOS. It might benefit from a smaller widget tile option.
On 5/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, asbril said:

I agree and it would also be nice if favorites page could show %  of lights On in each folder that I have in my UD Mobile.

It is, for me, the only thing missing in this very nice App.

This is already possible if all of your devices are in a scene or you create a scene with all of the devices.   Add the Scene to favorites then change the type to "Folder", now you have a folder which shows status.

On 5/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, hart2hart said:

You can add it as a widget on latest versions of iOS. It might benefit from a smaller widget tile option.

I agree, however as far as I know the smallest widget available is 2x2.  There are rumors that Apple will have a 1x1 widgets in the future, but if it does not happen I'll see if we can add a setting to set favorites as the default View.

24 minutes ago, Javi said:

This is already possible if all of your devices are in a scene or you create a scene with all of the devices.   Add the Scene to favorites then change the type to "Folder", now you have a folder which shows status.

It may not be related, but after creating that scene and performing a synch in the App, all my devices and scenes disappeared from the App :

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 6.40.51 PM.png

Hi @asbril,

This should not be related to the scene. Although rare this may happen when a file can not be downloaded from the ISY,  for this reason the sync specifies the need to make a backup.   

There could be many reasons why the file could not be downloaded, most of the time rebooting the ISY prior to sync will resolve the issue.  After reboot import UD Mobile backup, if you have one, then sync.

32 minutes ago, Javi said:

Hi @asbril,

This should not be related to the scene. Although rare this may happen when a file can not be downloaded from the ISY,  for this reason the sync specifies the need to make a backup.   

There could be many reasons why the file could not be downloaded, most of the time rebooting the ISY prior to sync will resolve the issue.  After reboot import UD Mobile backup, if you have one, then sync.

It largely works now. This is what I did :

In Settings of the App I clicked on 'Test system on remote url' and the system connected successfully.

I then added each of the relevant scenes to Favorites as Node (not folder). Now all but 2 of my 18 Scenes (in Favorites) show the percentage. I have to figure out why 2 scenes do not, but if I get this to fully work, then it absolutely corresponds to what I am looking for and it can then replace Mobilinc Pro (*)

(*)  Mobilinc Pro has been replaced by Mobilinc X, which I consider a downgrade from Pro.

30 minutes ago, asbril said:

It largely works now. This is what I did :

In Settings of the App I clicked on 'Test system on remote url' and the system connected successfully.

I then added each of the relevant scenes to Favorites as Node (not folder). Now all but 2 of my 18 Scenes (in Favorites) show the percentage. I have to figure out why 2 scenes do not, but if I get this to fully work, then it absolutely corresponds to what I am looking for and it can then replace Mobilinc Pro (*)

(*)  Mobilinc Pro has been replaced by Mobilinc X, which I consider a downgrade from Pro.

After creating a new scene in ISY and then doing a synch in the App, everything disappeared again. I had reboot the ISY again, connecting the network in settings (App) twice, do a few synchs and it is working again. Consistently several Scenes do not show a percentage and I wonder whether it could be because they may each include a non Plus Zwave device.

Hi @asbril,

The sync errors should not happen this often, if encountered again please send me an email and I can run a remote diagnostic to see if we can find the root cause of the issue.  Try not to reboot the ISY before the diagnostic.

As for the missing status,  after you have created a folder click on the menu (three dots) on the right side of the folder.  This should show the Node Dashboard which includes the current value for each node in the scene as reported by the ISY.  Do the included nodes have values?  Compare this with a folder which is showing the correct status,  is there anything obviously different?

14 minutes ago, Javi said:

The sync errors should not happen this often, if encountered again please send me an email and I can run a remote diagnostic to see if we can find the root cause of the issue.  Try not to reboot the ISY before the diagnostic.

Tomorrow

17 minutes ago, Javi said:

As for the missing status,  after you have created a folder click on the menu (three dots) on the right side of the folder.  This should show the Node Dashboard which includes the current value for each node in the scene as reported by the ISY.  Do the included nodes have values?  Compare this with a folder which is showing the correct status,  is there anything obviously different?

I will PM you with screen shots of a scene with % and another without %

On 5/1/2021 at 6:08 PM, Jimbo said:

The android version allows you to add a widget and that goes to the favorite screen.

The percentage on is a great idea, or even just a count of not off devices.

Well... didn't know that... it works, thanks!

Also +1 for @Asbril idea.  I had huge headaches with scenes WAY back, and have avoided them like the plague, and I'm so happy i haven't gotten into that mess again... I just live with 95% great.  So having a solution without scenes would be appreciated.

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

After adding the scene, how do you change it to a folder? Can't seem to figure that out?

We still need to make adjustments on Android so the process is the same. In Android click edit, then click the plus next to the favorite, there is an option to change a Node to a folder

We still need to make adjustments on Android so the process is the same. In Android click edit, then click the plus next to the favorite, there is an option to change a Node to a folder
Ok, that works. But when I go into the scene after changing to a folder it says no items in this folder, then crashed.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Ok, that works. But when I go into the scene after changing to a folder it says no items in this folder, then crashed.

It will take a day until we get the crash report, but I could not replicate in a quick test just now.  I have been using this method for all folders as it has been been available from the initial release.  Edit method was recently changed so this may have introduced a bug.  Does it crash every time the folder is open?

The empty folder message is correct as the new folder has no children.

It will take a day until we get the crash report, but I could not replicate in a quick test just now.  I have been using this method for all folders as it has been been available from the initial release.  Edit method was recently changed so this may have introduced a bug.  Does it crash every time the folder is open?
The empty folder message is correct as the new folder has no children.
Ok, I'd hoped it would show all the devices that were in the scene Yes crashing every time, but never asks if I want to send the report. Latest version has been doing that a lot.

Last night I had several crashes and I sent two crash reports. Almost every time I do a synch either the App crashes or all devices & scenes disappear. The last synch, before going to bed, it restored the devices and scenes, but did  not restore favorites. When I manually added some scenes, some of these were empty.

If I have time later today, I will follow Javi's instructions .

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Well I just opened it again and it didn't crash, but then when tried to go back using the gesture it crashed

Hi Jim,

Google Play will send us a small amount of crash data, although it can be very ambiguous. More often than not, it will show the system function that crashed instead of the App function or class.  There is one crash in the last day related to SQL however as mentioned it is ambiguous.  Can you please email me a copy of the current database (backup) so I can try to replicate?

9 hours ago, asbril said:

Last night I had several crashes and I sent two crash reports. Almost every time I do a synch either the App crashes or all devices & scenes disappear. The last synch, before going to bed, it restored the devices and scenes, but did  not restore favorites. When I manually added some scenes, some of these were empty.

If I have time later today, I will follow Javi's instructions .

Thanks @asbril,

This is expected behavior when a sync fails to find a node or node status definition. The app assumes the node or status has been removed from the ISY so it removes the favorite as well.  This should be a rare occurrence so if it can be replicated we may be able to find a firmware, App, or Portal  issue when running a remote diagnostic. Please send me your UUID in a Private message and I will provide additional instructions.

EDIT: Sync issues related to items in this post should be resolved in UD Mobile for iOS version 0.2.1.

• 1 month later...

@Javi Using this thread on Favorites to ask if there's an intent that I can use to launch the Android favorites widget?

Background: I'm using Tasker and AutoNotification to display often-referenced data from my ISY (see screenshot). On that notification, I've included link to launch Agave in the past and have now added UD Mobile. So far, I haven't figured out how to go straight to my Favorites from the link (e.g. launch the favorites widget).

If you or another user has another idea on how to jump straight to my favorites from Tasker, I'd appreciate it!

image.png.0628a8413d639c0d4200c92c50a76ec3.png

Hi @DaveStLou,

The following is the intent the favorites launch screen shortcut uses. Tested in tasker and it appears to work there as well.

Send Intent [

Action:VIEW

Cat:None

Mime Type:

Data:udmobile://open_favorites_fragment

Extra:

Extra:

Extra:

Package:com.universaldevices.udmobile

Class:com.universaldevices.udmobile.activities.mainActivity.MainActivity

Target:Activity

Archived