Cant seem to receive (or send) a notification

14 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@MrBill,

Definitely not and I just tested it. Are you certain you are highlighting the row that you want to test?

With kind regards,
Michel

I did, I tried highlighting the "Groups" column, the "Recipients" column and the "Id" column. and I just tried all again.  None produced an email.  Did you use the default Mail server, or a custom SMTP server for your test?  I was using Custom.

@Michel Kohanim and @Roman

I had to log into webmail on my inbound email account to solve this.  but the Test messages from either the default mail server or my custom email server are treated as Spam.  I have no understanding why the Test message would be flagged as Spam as opposed to another sent to/from the same address.

image.thumb.png.6c53c29412560591d19ddd750498149c.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, MrBill said:

@Michel Kohanim and @Roman

I had to log into webmail on my inbound email account to solve this.  but the Test messages from either the default mail server or my custom email server are treated as Spam.  I have no understanding why the Test message would be flagged as Spam as opposed to another sent to/from the same address.

image.thumb.png.6c53c29412560591d19ddd750498149c.png

Not the case, now I am getting emails but not consistently... Yet the STATE is changing, just not all emails coming through.. Must be going through a SPAM check well before it hits my webmail... I have even put the email in my SAFE list.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:06 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

@MrBill,

Most probably due to the word Test.

With kind regards,
Michel

Now this makes more sense.. Thanks Michel... Getting emails now but not consistently, but I would say 50-60% of the time... All these SPAM filters at the ISP level meant to protect us, sometimes makes our lives that much more fun...

@Roman make sure you aren't sending to many emails in close timing as that can also trigger SPAM filters and cause negative impact from the sending server (if you're sending from the default server that could possibly impact other users down the road). 

I would suggest sending/receiving from free email services and make sure you're setting up a new account for the send side just to keep it off your primary if you have one (i.e. gmail, yahoo, or hotmail/outlook). 

When I first setup notifications I was using my isp email to receive and would have some times that I wouldn't get messages I expected. Then I switched to sending from gmail and receiving at outlook and seemed not to have as many issues.

Another thing is to be sure that your program to send the notification is indeed setup properly. If you're getting some notifications about the specific state variable you are monitoring then it sounds like it would be setup correctly, but perhaps you're getting notifications from another program and the state variable one isn't setup exactly right. 

I think somebody above had also suggested pushover for phone notifications as an option for notices if you want redundancy so you might not miss any notifications. I don't use that so cannot help with the setup, but there are many posts on the forum about it and how to set it up that I'm sure you'd be able to find it through searching or Google Site Search. 

On 6/17/2021 at 9:00 AM, Geddy said:

@Roman make sure you aren't sending to many emails in close timing as that can also trigger SPAM filters and cause negative impact from the sending server (if you're sending from the default server that could possibly impact other users down the road). 

I would suggest sending/receiving from free email services and make sure you're setting up a new account for the send side just to keep it off your primary if you have one (i.e. gmail, yahoo, or hotmail/outlook). 

When I first setup notifications I was using my isp email to receive and would have some times that I wouldn't get messages I expected. Then I switched to sending from gmail and receiving at outlook and seemed not to have as many issues.

Another thing is to be sure that your program to send the notification is indeed setup properly. If you're getting some notifications about the specific state variable you are monitoring then it sounds like it would be setup correctly, but perhaps you're getting notifications from another program and the state variable one isn't setup exactly right. 

I think somebody above had also suggested pushover for phone notifications as an option for notices if you want redundancy so you might not miss any notifications. I don't use that so cannot help with the setup, but there are many posts on the forum about it and how to set it up that I'm sure you'd be able to find it through searching or Google Site Search. 

Going to have to look into push notifications...

Appreciate the responses...

Roman

Archived