Man, this place is dead...

carealtor

2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@carealtor,

It's been 14 years now, and every few months, someone predicts our doom or questions our viability. It's become a tradition and it's like clockwork. Examples: why the UI sucks/Java, why no marketing, Z-Wave bad range, Z-Wave multi channel, Z-Wave+??? Why BSD and not Linux? Why not free, why free, what? no apps? no INSTEON on Polisy? INSTEON on Polisy? No Siri? No Progress, HA is better, Vera, HomeSeer  and on and on ...  thankfully, we have a new one we can add to the list: why is the forum dead?. Perhaps it's a good sign? Everything is working so no one is posting? Or, should we worry because we have not yet become twitter or instagram? Or, maybe we should otherwise we are dead?

With regard to progress, as @lilyoyo1 suggested, since 10/2020:

1. Z-Wave+ certification
2. UD Mobile Android and IOS
3. ISY on Polisy (being tested. If you are eager to alpha test, let us know)
4. PG3 is almost done and you can check your slack channel for updates
5. From 80 node servers to 110

Yes, yes, HA is leaps and bounds ahead of us and it's free. I know I know ... we are going to die. Soon.

With kind regards,
Michel

Bravo !!!!

The biggest thing slowing me down on the forums is the lack of additional investment in Insteon equipment. I am not buying any new stuff and having to come here to get ideas for programming it. I wish Insteon would make some announcements or do something. I am just way too far down the road to move to ZWave - maybe the next house! (which is a joke because I am an old person)

4 hours ago, Goose66 said:

It does feel like we are in a little bit of a holding pattern on a lot of fronts. Polyglot Nodeserver development has slowed down - don't know if it is just lack of things to interface to or everyone is waiting for Polyglot 3 and the UDI Nodeserver Store. ISY on Polisy is coming, but we don't know when that will be. I know I am going to buy another Polisy right away when that is available, and move my ISY 994i to my beach house, but I am having to wait on all that investment until it comes to fruition. And Insteon is also completely stopped right now and I have no idea what the future will bring on that front. So unless you are into ZWave (of which I have none) and are dealing with all of the ZWave+ certification upgrades and such, yeah, there's not much happening on the surface right now (plenty going on in the background, though).

Most developers are probably waiting for polyglot 3 which would allow them to make money off their work...I don't blame them either. 

Insteon hasn't had anything new for Udi to add for them. I know their new line is supposed to be released in the next few months but those devices working with the isy would depend on them working with Udi. 

8 hours ago, MrBill said:

for the record, when I posted in the 2nd post of this thread I was talking about the same thing you were.....forum activity in this forum.  nothing more, nothing less....

A voice of reason in a sea of assumptions of what was implied by a simple question.  Bravo!  ?

9 hours ago, carealtor said:

A voice of reason in a sea of assumptions of what was implied by a simple question.  Bravo!  ?

A simple question/statement would've been more on the lines of: it's been quiet on here lately, where's everyone at?

A passive agressive statement/question to stir the pot, would be similar to: "Has everyone given up waiting for upgrades and moved on to something else?"

The intentions behind your original post may not have been to come across in a passive agressive nature trying to start something, however, multiple people did take it that way so yes, that's on you. 

54 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

A simple question/statement would've been more on the lines of: it's been quiet on here lately, where's everyone at?

A passive agressive statement/question to stir the pot, would be similar to: "Has everyone given up waiting for upgrades and moved on to something else?"

The intentions behind your original post may not have been to come across in a passive agressive nature trying to start something, however, multiple people did take it that way so yes, that's on you. 

I have seen previous comments of @carealtor and I believe that the intention was good, but the delivery not so much. Shall we close the debate ?

Archived