Admin Console - System Busy

Hello, I have question about the Admin Console.  Every time I make a change I get a "System Busy" window and it spends a lot of time checking all the remotes which are not talking to the Admin Console.  The changes I'm making don't actually involve any of the remotes.  Is there a way I can tell the Admin Console not to worry about the remotes, unless I tell it to? 

Thanks

Brian

It sounds like it's trying to write updates to your battery operated devices. If that's the case then in the admin console clicik on FILES then disable AUTOMATIC WRITES TO BATTERY POWERED DEVICES.

If the battery operated devices show a 1011 to the left of the device name then you'll have to put the device into the linking mode then right click on the device name and then click on write updates.

Only one battery operated device should be in the linking mode at any time otherwise your link tables can get corrupted.

That sounds like a great solution.  But i don't see that option in the FILE menu.  I'm using the Universal Devices Administrative Console.  I tried to look for a version of the console but couldn't find one.  I've tried looking for a setting called "AUTOMATIC WRITES TO BATTERY POWERED DEVICES" and I don't see it anywhere.  Would it be called something different?

You're looking for this button on the toolbar: image.png.950c4cd6388d23af659a9695660eb313.png It normally the last button (on the right end).  It does only exist in the "pro" version

Also, please tell us what firmware version you are using (Help > About).   Firmware v5.x had a longstanding bug that was finally fixed in v5.3.2 that caused battery device writes to be queued when programs executed "adjust scene".    If this is your issue the solution is to update your firmware to v5.3.3 and then work through the device writes by waking up each device with the set/programming button and letting the currently queued writes to occur.  If that isn't your issue then we need to figure out why you have so many queued battery device writes.

Thanks Dennis and MrBill. No, I'm definitely not using the pro version.  I'm using version 5.0.13D, it's been awhile since I've updated.  I guess I should do that.  I'm afraid of messing something up. 
C21FCBF3-3963-48AC-A563-0D5D85857BD6_4_5005_c.jpeg.f4cf6e5b7331ad59c658f6f597adbe5e.jpeg
Thanks again
Brian
The Pro version is not related to the firmware version. Pro is a module that enables more features inside ISY, along with increased program and variables capacity. There a few more features but I cannot remember them all.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

@Brian R.,

As @larryllix mentions Pro vs standard is a feature level update, primary Pro has more node capacity, more program capacity, and the added two buttons on the toolbar allowing you to turn off writes (one button for battery devices, one button for non-battery devices), being able to do so makes setting up programs faster. 

Your programs are likely using a feature called "adjust scene" which is causing the extra writes to be queued for battery devices, this was a bug in firmware prior to 5.3.2.  

What you should do now is upgrade to v5.3.3 firmware, it's the latest and greatest and very stable.   The upgrade process will likely take you less than 10 minutes.  The 5.3.3 firmware is located here.  (yes 5.3.3 is labeled as a "test build". However it's been out since March 8th and is stable without any issues.  The actual most current official release is 5.3.0, but don't use that one because it still has the bug you're fighting now.)  After you've upgraded you will need to get the queued device writes written out to the module. Find the modules with the little green 1101 icon, then put that module in set or program mode by pushing its button then right click the name of the device and pick "writes changes to device".  Then move on to the next one and do they same thing.  As you get towards the end the process will get much faster.  When you've gotten rid of all of them you'll be back to a speedy process overall again.

Pro vs Standard is a different upgrade.  You have to pay for that one.  If you're interested in the admin console go to Help > Purchase Modules.  (you don't need it tho, if

2 hours ago, MrBill said:

@Brian R.,

As @larryllix mentions Pro vs standard is a feature level update, primary Pro has more node capacity, more program capacity, and the added two buttons on the toolbar allowing you to turn off writes (one button for battery devices, one button for non-battery devices), being able to do so makes setting up programs faster. 

Your programs are likely using a feature called "adjust scene" which is causing the extra writes to be queued for battery devices, this was a bug in firmware prior to 5.3.2.  

What you should do now is upgrade to v5.3.3 firmware, it's the latest and greatest and very stable.   The upgrade process will likely take you less than 10 minutes.  The 5.3.3 firmware is located here.  (yes 5.3.3 is labeled as a "test build". However it's been out since March 8th and is stable without any issues.  The actual most current official release is 5.3.0, but don't use that one because it still has the bug you're fighting now.)  After you've upgraded you will need to get the queued device writes written out to the module. Find the modules with the little green 1101 icon, then put that module in set or program mode by pushing its button then right click the name of the device and pick "writes changes to device".  Then move on to the next one and do they same thing.  As you get towards the end the process will get much faster.  When you've gotten rid of all of them you'll be back to a speedy process overall again.

Pro vs Standard is a different upgrade.  You have to pay for that one.  If you're interested in the admin console go to Help > Purchase Modules.  (you don't need it tho, if

@Brian R. I totally concur with this. I had a lot of problems with this "waiting writes" to battery devices to the point of my ISY bogging commands down to almost 2-3 minutes delay at times. V5.3.3 resolved that. I won't say 'all" yet, but after a week, v5.3.3 looks to have fixed it.

1 hour ago, Brian R. said:

Thanks everyone.  I have upgraded to V5.3.3.  That was easy, so far.  I still need to put all my remotes in the set/program mode and click the "write changes to device".  I'll get that done this evening.

Make sure to disable the "battery device writes" option button (at top) as it may start to creep back in again. OTOH: that concept may have been removed that parameters inside a MS must be updated to change a scene setup and not be a problem at all. This is the way is was previously and it got changed (concept bug?) for some reason during version updates.

8 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Make sure to disable the "battery device writes" option button (at top) as it may start to creep back in again. OTOH: that concept may have been removed that parameters inside a MS must be updated to change a scene setup and not be a problem at all. This is the way is was previously and it got changed (concept bug?) for some reason during version updates.

OP doesn't have Pro....

Archived