Update Portal firmware...now login problems

I updated the portal firmware to 5.3.0. The login for the portal works fine. I downloaded a new admin console and there is where the problems are. The console screen and the login box load. I enter my user name and password and I get an "login failed" message. What is the solution? Thanks.

34 minutes ago, vmastros said:

I updated the portal firmware to 5.3.0. The login for the portal works fine. I downloaded a new admin console and there is where the problems are. The console screen and the login box load. I enter my user name and password and I get an "login failed" message. What is the solution? Thanks.

There's no portal firmware. What did you update from? Did you try admin/admin?

Did you follow the directions in the upgrade post?

51 minutes ago, vmastros said:

Do you mean you upgraded the firmware via the portal? Like this....

image.png.0e03adf0788417ebaca25fd748d2341b.png

That probably updates to 5.3.0 since that's the official release....

I wish that tool didn't exist, people seem to have problems with it.....

Well I thought everything was good but, alas, it is not. All of my programs have a yellow flag and say "not loaded" and "out of memory". I did a restore of my setup from just before the update but I got the same result. I guess I should have taken my own advise....if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I did check the wiki with no luck. How do I fix this?

4 hours ago, vmastros said:

Well I thought everything was good but, alas, it is not. All of my programs have a yellow flag and say "not loaded" and "out of memory". I did a restore of my setup from just before the update but I got the same result. I guess I should have taken my own advise....if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I did check the wiki with no luck. How do I fix this?

Does your UI and software for the ISY match version numbers?

17 minutes ago, vmastros said:

Negative. How do I do that? Thanks very much for helping me.

Follow the directions in the first post of the thread linked below to use the launcher:

If you were upgrading from a V4 release to 5.3.0 some of your programs may require manual intervention or fixing.

Basically fix the above issue first.  make it so that your firmware and UI revisions are the same.  then go back to the Programs summary tab and recheck for yellow errors, if you find any look at the program... where you see Green text that's a comment that the upgrader added in place of a programming line that couldn't be automatically updated.  Add the missing program line back and resave.  You can leave the green text comment or remove it, it doesn't matter.

27 minutes ago, vmastros said:

OK, I cleared the java cache and clicked the link provided by Michel. I opened the admin console and logged in. The UI did not update. Now what to do?

If you properly cleared your Java cache and used the link from the 5.3 post, everything should match. 

Thanks lilyoyo1. I'm pretty sure I cleared the cache correctly. I've run the process at least three times now.

Java Control Panel

I click "settings" then "delete files". That should work, correct. Then I click Michels link. And I'm still here. Thank you both for staying with me.image.thumb.png.3713e0738c26f5d74993426b5890c367.png

40 minutes ago, vmastros said:

Thanks lilyoyo1. I'm pretty sure I cleared the cache correctly. I've run the process at least three times now.

Java Control Panel

I click "settings" then "delete files". That should work, correct. Then I click Michels link. And I'm still here. Thank you both for staying with me.image.thumb.png.3713e0738c26f5d74993426b5890c367.png

Make sure you choose the launcher link from the 5.3 post that is in the current release and betas subforum. 

OK, this is getting better all the time. I tried to go back to ver 4.9 firmware and the installation did not complete. My 994i is now in error mode with red light flashing.  A reboot and a factory reset did not help. Any thoughts about this situation? Thanks.

2 hours ago, vmastros said:

OK, this is getting better all the time. I tried to go back to ver 4.9 firmware and the installation did not complete. My 994i is now in error mode with red light flashing.  A reboot and a factory reset did not help. Any thoughts about this situation? Thanks.

This (flashing red light and error mode) has happened to me every time I've ventured to try out ver 5.x and then gone back to v4.x.  My solution each time was to pull the memory card from my IYS994i, reformat it, and then reinsert and reinstall v4.x.  It's a pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived