Change device type in ISY?

jon7889

I have several Insteon Motion II sensors. In the ISY, they are listed as 2842-222, but I believe the correct model number should be 2844-222. Everything works fine with them, EXCEPT I'd like to adjust the sensitivity on them and make them more sensitive. After looking through the forums, I believe there should be a sensitivity adjustment in the ISY Administrative Console, but there isn't. I'm thinking it may be because they have been set up as 2842-222 and not 2844-222. Is this correct? Or am I off? If so, is there some other reason why I can't control their sensitivities?

Thanks,

Jon

Just now, lilyoyo1 said:

You must be on the 5.0 branch to be able to change the motion sensor parameters. Since you did not provide any information about your setup i would recommend that you update to 5.0.16c 

v5.3.3 has the battery operated write caching resolved mostly. I would recommend v5.3.3 as the latest version. IIRC v5.0.16c contained many bugs on the battery device front.

1 minute ago, larryllix said:

v5.3.3 has the battery operated write caching resolved mostly. I would recommend v5.3.3 as the latest version. IIRC v5.0.16c contained many bugs on the battery device front.

True but he didn't say anything about his system. If he has the 300 board zwave he wouldn't be able to update to that. 

• 2 weeks later...

2842-222 is the original Motion Sensor. Category 10, Subcategory 01

2844-222 is the Motion Sensor II. Category 10, Subcategory  16.

You did link them with the Sensors List in the Link Menu and pick Motion Sensor II? If you added them in another way or picked Motion Sensor and not Motion Sensor II in the list. That may give some clues.

If it was added as an original Motion Sensor. The features you wanted are probably not available.

Is there a way to "Replace" the motion sensors rather than remove and replace them? I'm concerned about things not functioning properly if I remove them and then forget what scenes they belong to and what programs they are used in. 

If not, is there a way to determine which program they are used in beyond just opening every single program and checking? I have 6 or 7 motion sensors, and I'm not sure I remember every program I've used them all in. It seems like a hassle - but if that's the only way, I'll do it. Just hoping there might be an easier method.

Thanks,

Jon

Is there a way to "Replace" the motion sensors rather than remove and replace them? I'm concerned about things not functioning properly if I remove them and then forget what scenes they belong to and what programs they are used in. 
If not, is there a way to determine which program they are used in beyond just opening every single program and checking? I have 6 or 7 motion sensors, and I'm not sure I remember every program I've used them all in. It seems like a hassle - but if that's the only way, I'll do it. Just hoping there might be an easier method.
Thanks,
Jon

You can’t replace since they do not match. You can look in the admin console when you select the device and it will display which scenes they are a controller and a responder. Even better you can generate a topology in a document.

In programs you can find by the device name. I’d copy all programs to clipboard and then paste into a text document. Then you can locate each program with the device name after deleting them and then fix programs like before likely with the same name.
1 hour ago, jon7889 said:

Thanks,

Jon

Use "find/repalce" on the program tree to find each usage of a device in a program.  Click "My programs" (or whatever your top level folder is if you renamed it) then right click the same and choose "Find/Replace"

28 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Use "find/repalce" on the program tree to find each usage of a device in a program.  Click "My programs" (or whatever your top level folder is if you renamed it) then right click the same and choose "Find/Replace"

Note: I have always found you can click on any program. The clicked-on program does not determine starting position for the search.

Archived