I/O Linc Problems

hchain

I am having problems with I/O Linc modules (started a couple of days ago). 

When I send an ON command, they turn ON but turn OFF after a couple of seconds. The ISY console keeps showing the modules as ON after they have turned OFF.

I have 5 of these and they all behave the same way. I deleted one module and reinstalled it, but no change.

I disabled all programs that turn these modules OFF.

Any idea as to why they behave this way? 

3 hours ago, hchain said:

I am having problems with I/O Linc modules (started a couple of days ago). 

When I send an ON command, they turn ON but turn OFF after a couple of seconds. The ISY console keeps showing the modules as ON after they have turned OFF.

I have 5 of these and they all behave the same way. I deleted one module and reinstalled it, but no change.

I disabled all programs that turn these modules OFF.

Any idea as to why they behave this way? 

It is probably set in one of the momentary modes (click the options button on the device page).  When it turns off (in this mode), the I/O Linc does not send back status that it has turned off, but a query will show it as off.  Either take it out of momentary setting if that is not the way you want it to operate, or create a program that queries the device 5 or 10 seconds after detecting it turn on (the timing of the query needs to account for the amount of momentary delay).  That will keep the console in sync.

Thanks to both of you.

The modules were set on Latching:Continuous although they were behaving like Momentanary.

So I removed them, reset to factory default, and reinstalled them.

Everything is back on now.

Not sure what caused this behavior on the 5 modules at the same time. Maybe a surge...

RV

Good to see they are working again.

One other possibility is its power supply is starting to get flaky. They have the same switching power supply chip in them as the famous 2413S PLM supply issues. I have seen a few different capacitors in them as Smarthome tried to beef up the supplies. The revision number on the back sticker may give you a rough idea.

14 hours ago, Techman said:

F.Y.I  - The IOLinc is no longer available from Smarthome, not sure if it will be restocked at a later date.

it probably will be.  They seem to actually de-list items they don't plan to restock, for example 2845 Hidden Door Sensor has been de-listed.

20 hours ago, Techman said:

he IOLinc is no longer available from Smarthome, not sure if it will be restocked at a later date.

They are available, you just have to pay $5 more for the garage kit!

Edit: Never mind, those are out of stock also now.

47 minutes ago, gzahar said:

They are available, you just have to pay $5 more for the garage kit!

Edit: Never mind, those are out of stock also now.

The fact that they dropped the price from $79.99 to 49.99 leads me to believe that have added the IOLinc to their discontinued list. 

It's sad to see the direction that the Company is taking

3 hours ago, Brian H said:

Guess it would be too hopeful. That the power line only I/OLinc was going to be replaced by a nice Dual Band one with more features.

It does look to me that they are going in a direction not boosting Insteon.

Seems that they're thinning out the product line to KPL's, Outlets, and wall switches. Currently there's nothing in the development stage other than the few items that they've partnered with Nokia on. 

Archived