problem getting a simple program to work

ellisr63

Hi, I have a ISY994i, and have had it for years, but this is the first time I have tried to program it. What I am trying to do is turn on the Aquarium Air pump at 10pm every day and turn it off the next morning at 9am. I tried setting it up, but it did not work so i tried a test with it going on during the day and then turning off a few minutes later...nothing happened. Can some one please assist me so i know what i am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Ron

aquarium bubbler settings.PNG

That program will turn the air bubbler on at 13:35 (only if the device status is off). After that, only the Else branch will evaluate.

Suggestions:

1. Remove the status check - it's superfluous. If the device status is already ON, turning on again doesn't matter.

2. You need to add a TURN OFF command to the Else branch. Else will execute at 13:40.

Yes, it should have turned on exactly at the specified time (it won't turn on once the clock time has passed). You did click Save Changes, right?

Can you turn the device on from the Main tab by selecting the device in the list and click the ON  or FAST ON button? (the exact button label depends on the specific device).

You don't need two programs: you can turn it on in the Then branch and turn it off in the Else branch as per my first response.

But first, ensure that you can turn the device on and off using the Admin Console::Main tab.

If you go over to the main tab and click on the device like this:

image.png.96b880a324cb9048027a4e8aec47dcd9.png

do the On and Off buttons at the bottom of the screen work?

image.png.dc52bfd8c49bc9ada6b26e73996ed49f.png

If not, you need to solve that problem first.

If so, then your program should look like this:

aaa Test - [ID 00E6][Parent 0001]

If
        From    10:00:00PM
        To       9:00:00AM (next day)

Then
        Set 'Aquarium / Air Bubbler' On

Else
        Set 'Aquarium / Air Bubbler' Off

OK, there is something else going on.

I noticed on your screen shot, that your ISY time is 16:14:08, yet you're testing with times in the 15th hour. Are your time zone settings correct, i.e., is the local time shown at the top of the Admin Console window correct?

2 minutes ago, ellisr63 said:

i even synced the time in the software with my laptop, and no difference.

Don't try to set the program to run at a specific time right now. With the program set right click on the program and should have an option "run then".

Does the pump turn on?

OMG... I never looked at the top left to see the time was different. The time zone was not corrected...it is now and it works. Thank you very much for the help... I knew it had to be something simple! I am sorry iwasted everyones time over a incorrect time in the ISY.

Archived