Is it possible to link the hubitat to ISY

robandcathy1

So I had questions in another part of the forums, was having a slew of insteon devices go out one after another, started changing out switches, still had issues, finally deleted all devices from isy, plm and reset z-wave 60+ devices in my house. Started adding them back in one by 1 when I noticed one of my led flood lights was not turning on, decided to check the bulb when I noticed 5  switches just came alive, kicking my self after throwing out 5 switches I thought had failed, so I get to my first z-wave switch try to add it no avail, factory reset it then try to exclude it no luck, try to add it still nothing its about 10 feet away. Next step take it out of the wall (this is a ge switch) run a extension cord and plug it in right on top of isy, tried all the above cannot get it to add, decided to plug isy into a regular wall socket and the switch as well, put it on top of isy cannot make anything work, now im on my second board I purchased from udi, decide to buy a hubitat z-wave hub, within 4 min I was able to add devices, from second floor, now the hubitat was sitting on top of isy at this point and had no problems, and there gui is much nicer to use then the isy z-wave one, but i need to control both at same time status of z-wave says its working, any other settings that might need to be adjusted? Is there known issues with the board? Im running most current beta at this moment, is there a way to use the isy with hubitat, or hubitat with isy? Id love to just use isy but it lack some functionality for instance I have the homeseer hs-ls100+ instantly was able to add from garage approx 30 feet from the hubitat, and in thier app I can see and set temperature, in the isy  I put in the parameter in and it does not report temp not sure why? For insteon  I love the isy but for z-wave seems over complicated, I will be replacing my insteon with z-wave as they fail but since 90% of my devices are insteon need to find the best solution to use both together. Without a programming degree. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

There is a NodeServer for integrating Hubitat with ISY.  This is not a bi-directional connection between the systems.  The intent is to make Hubitat devices available to the ISY as nodes for use in programming.  Original intent was to bring ZigBee devices to the ISY and it has grown to provide access to a larger amount of devices. 

3 minutes ago, robandcathy1 said:

So with this node server Isy can pull all devices on hubitat? and use it in the isy for programming? If so will it also pull the settings eg. double tap ramp rate etc. This might be good news, Lastly since i dont use node servers, where can I download or purchase it? 

Tks

The NodeServer does not support *All* devices that Hubitat does.  Device support can be added.

It does not pull any settings or configurations of the devices.  It integrate the devices from Hubitat for usage within the ISY.  The devices within Hubitat are configured and owned by Hubitat but the status and control of devices is available from the ISY for use in programs also known as events or "rule" in Hubitat.

The current version of the Hubitat NodeServer is available for Polyglot V2.  Polyglot V2 can run on a raspberry Pi or the preferred option is the Universal Devices Polisy. 

All Simplex Technology Nodeservers are being migrated to Polyglot V3.  At which time the Nodeservers will have a price associated with them (to be determined) and those NodeServers will only run, be available for Polisy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 11:19 PM, simplextech said:

There is a NodeServer for integrating Hubitat with ISY.  This is not a bi-directional connection between the systems.  The intent is to make Hubitat devices available to the ISY as nodes for use in programming.  Original intent was to bring ZigBee devices to the ISY and it has grown to provide access to a larger amount of devices. 

When you say the Node Server is not bidirectional does that mean it does not update Hubitat when it changes the status of a device? I would think if Hubitat owns the device that any communication to control it would pass through Hubitat so it would be aware wouldn't it? Or are you saying when Hubitat operates a device directly those changes are not communicated to the Node Server? This seems like it would break the ability for the Node Server to maintain an accurate status table for the devices. Also when the Node Server restarts for some reason it has to be able to query Hubitat for the initial state of everthing so I'm having trouble picturing how the communication could not be bidirectional? 

1 hour ago, upstatemike said:

When you say the Node Server is not bidirectional does that mean it does not update Hubitat when it changes the status of a device? I would think if Hubitat owns the device that any communication to control it would pass through Hubitat so it would be aware wouldn't it? Or are you saying when Hubitat operates a device directly those changes are not communicated to the Node Server? This seems like it would break the ability for the Node Server to maintain an accurate status table for the devices. Also when the Node Server restarts for some reason it has to be able to query Hubitat for the initial state of everthing so I'm having trouble picturing how the communication could not be bidirectional? 

Good question. I took it to mean that hubitat provides information to the isy about the device and it's state but doesn't know what the Isy does. Meaning Isy can see hubitat devices but hubitat can't see Isy devices

Edited by lilyoyo1

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Good question. I took it to mean that hubitat provides information to the isy about the device and it's state but doesn't know what the Isy does. Meaning Isy can see hubitat devices but hubitat can't see Isy devices

OK that makes sense. I can see no reason to expose ISY devices to Hubitat.

2 hours ago, upstatemike said:

The NodeServer presents Hubitat devices status/control to the ISY for use.  It does not present ISY devices to Hubitat.

• 2 months later...

I was able to successfully install the Hubitat node server on my Pi-based Polisy about 6 months ago, and it has worked well.  However, a power outage on the Pi trashed the SD card, so I had to rebuild the Polisy.

I have the rebuilt Polisy running, but I still see the old Hubitat (and other) Node Servers that were installed previously.  They aren't connected of course, and the Dashboard view of them just shows a single button at the bottom labeled "No Details Available" (example image attached).  How do I remove these?  Do I need to delete them in the Admin Console on the ISY?

Hubitat_NodeServer_Unmanaged.PNG