Z-wave error

Techman

Polisy with Zooz Z-wave

When I try to either query or set a parameter for the Aeotec ZWA039 Temperature & Humidity Sensor I get the following error(s) after I wake up the sensor. The sensor is within 5 feet of the Polisy.

Not sure if it's a defective sensor, which I just purchased, or a Polisy bug.

151040073_Eventviewer.thumb.jpg.12266ab9f73dd5a07effaf8dc4e6a353.jpg

1 hour ago, Techman said:

Polisy with Zooz Z-wave

When I try to either query or set a parameter for the Aeotec ZWA039 Temperature & Humidity Sensor I get the following error(s) after I wake up the sensor.

Interesting, I had a Zooz T&H sensor that worked perfectly except it reported temperature in F which complicates things here in Canada.

Anyway I see a different string of messages for Tx when I query my switch.  Are you on the latest firmware?

It would be nice to have a guide to help decipher these cryptic messages.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c707c95c13e50644712bfa08ec32a768.PNG

7 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@Techman,

Do you have any other Z-Wave devices to test with and, more specifically, powered ones?

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim

I tried installing it on both the ISY994 with the 500 board as well as the Polisy with the Zooz 700.. I experienced the same issue on both so I'm assuming that the device is defective and I'm returning it. Aeotec shows it as tested and compatible with the ISY994.

If you still want me to run some tests with the Polisy Z-wave, I have some Aeotec Multisensors 6 that I could use with power. Let me know.

@Michel Kohanim

I just tested the Polisy with the Zooz dongle and the Aeotec Multisensor 6 using external power. I set the sensor's parameters to report every 30 seconds. 

I'm happy to report that the Multisensor 6 is reporting correctly.

I'm assuming that the Aeotec ZWA039 Temperature & Humidity Sensor was indeed defective.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:51 PM, Techman said:

@Michel Kohanim

RE: Polisy and Aeotec Multisensor 6 

If I select a parameter number and click on query should I be able to pull the value of that parameter from the device? ...

The query button only queries the device status, not the configuration parameters. To see and query the configuration parameters, right+click on the node in the device tree and select Z-Wave | Set Configuration Parameter.  A popup will appear allowing you to set or query a configuration parameter.

More info:  Z-Wave node submenu

17 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

The query button only queries the device status, not the configuration parameters. To see and query the configuration parameters, right+click on the node in the device tree and select Z-Wave | Set Configuration Parameter.  A popup will appear allowing you to set or query a configuration parameter.

More info:  Z-Wave node submenu

It would be nice to have the drop down labelled as Z-Wave | Set-Query Configuration Parameter.

Archived