How to update ZOOZ ZST10 700 stick

nadler

1 hour ago, EJones01 said:

I think the dongle has USB connection issues, you only have to look at it for it to disconnect. Buying a USB extension cable to see if that helps.

Did you try rebooting the Polisy with the dongle plugged in?

This adapter work well with the Polisy, and keeps the dongle free from obstructions

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Male-Female-Extension-Adapter/dp/B07QYS3FD8/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=usb%2Bright%2Bangle%2Badapter&qid=1651770873&sprefix=usb%2Bright%2Bangle%2Badapter%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-5&th=1

1 hour ago, EJones01 said:

I think the dongle has USB connection issues, you only have to look at it for it to disconnect. Buying a USB extension cable to see if that helps.

With the dongle plugged in, it is tight back there, and it does block the other port. You can get the nice 90* adapter as noted upthread, or an extension cable.

I did the cable, had a couple of spares. Lets me place the dongle in vertical orientation as well, but also higher up. I attached it to the outside of a bookshelf that is close to the Polisy unit with 3M quick release strips.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch

• 2 weeks later...

This morning my Zooz Zwave stick suddenly messed up. It basically works (with delayed signals) with existing devices but will neither include new devices nor exclude existing devices.

I tried rebooting ISY on Polisy as well as the Polisy itself and even restored my recent backup. Nothing seems to work and I ordered a new stick which will arrive later tonight ( same day service from Amazon). BTW price seriously increased to $ 40.

I assume that I will have to exclude all existing devices and include again, but my programs should still be there be it that I will have assign the newly included devices to each program.

When I have more time I will see if I can factory reset the "old" Zooz stick and keep as backup.

@asbril STOP!

There is a procedure for backing up your entire Z-Wave setup, but you can't do it with the Polisy.

Check out the ZOOZ stick firmware upgrade procedure. That directs you to install some free software from the ZOOZ site.

That same software has a backup/restore function. If you do need to swap in a new dongle, then you can import your entire setup and save yourself a lot of time.

And, you could try, updating the firmware, slow operation is one symptom of (shipping) v7.15 firmware problems.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, oskrypuch said:

@asbril STOP!

There is a procedure for backing up your entire Z-Wave setup, but you can't do it with the Polisy.

Check out the ZOOZ stick firmware upgrade procedure. That directs you to install some free software from the ZOOZ site.

That same software has a backup/restore function. If you do need to swap in a new dongle, then you can import your entire setup and save yourself a lot of time.

And, you could try, updating the firmware, slow operation is one symptom of (shipping) v7.15 firmware problems.

* Orest

Thanks so much......  I did the upgrade procedure some 10 days ago and I wonder whether I did something wrong that caused the issue. I am just not good at that stuff and sometimes I get too courageous and mess things up........... Story of my life :-) 

I only have some 12 Zwave devices on IoP and in the worst case, I'll redo the programs. Not a big deal.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, oskrypuch said:

Well, you could try a backup, factory reset on the Z-Wave stick, and then restore.

Worth a shot.

* Orest

I opened Simplicity Studio and moved the Zooz stick to the computer, where it was recognized. I looked for where & how to  do the backup, factory reset, restore, but could not find it.

I installed the new Zooz stick on my Polisy and it took me about an hour to exclude/include the devices and upgrade my programs. Not a big deal while I only have 12 Zwave devices on IoP. However I need to understand how to do the backup/restore for when I move all me (+/- 80 Zwave devices to IoP. any guidance will be appreciated .

58 minutes ago, asbril said:

I opened Simplicity Studio and moved the Zooz stick to the computer, where it was recognized. I looked for where & how to  do the backup, factory reset, restore, but could not find it.

I installed the new Zooz stick on my Polisy and it took me about an hour to exclude/include the devices and upgrade my programs. Not a big deal while I only have 12 Zwave devices on IoP. However I need to understand how to do the backup/restore for when I move all me (+/- 80 Zwave devices to IoP. any guidance will be appreciated .

image.png.31dc321d7ef0b4687c09594aeb4682d3.png

image.png.0cb1750ecdb22b4c65e7f9ba1012e013.png

Hello everyone,

This is 100% our fault and it shall be rectified:

1. We are working on a combined Z-Wave/Matter board that gets installed inside + antennas coming out from the sides:
- It will be field upgradable (so you won't need Studio etc.)
- Z-Wave will have many diagnostics features + S2 
2. We will have a utility that will backup your Zooz dongle:
3. You can restore the Zooz backup into the new dongle
4. For those who purchased Zooz from us, the total cost of the Zooz dongle will be discounted from the new dongle 

Currently, we are shooting for end of June for testing and mid September for GA.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 17

@Michel KohanimIt may already be too late in the process, but if not, please ensure that the antennas have a common (standard) connector, so they can be remoted from the Polisy.

Many (myself included) have the Polisy in a nice rack, that is not very antenna friendly, with a lot of metal close by, and perhaps impossible to allow for a more optimal vertical antenna orientation.

But, in any case, thanks much for the effort.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch

3 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

1. We are working on a combined Z-Wave/Matter board that gets installed inside + antennas coming out from the sides:
4. For those who purchased Zooz from us, the total cost of the Zooz dongle will be discounted from the new dongle 

Currently, we are shooting for end of June for testing and mid September for GA.

With kind regards,
Michel

Fantastic news always from UD ! An easy upgradable Zwave board PLUS Matter !!!!!!  I can't wait.

@Michel Kohanim Will that future restore also work with  ISY (500 Dongle) backup ?

Edited by asbril

21 hours ago, Techman said:

Will the new Z-wave board support OTA device updates?

Yes but not all Z-wave devices are OTA capable.

19 hours ago, asbril said:

Will that future restore also work with  ISY (500 Dongle) backup ?

We have not looked at it yet. But, we will surely look into it.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 11:20 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

With kind regards,
Michel

Great news!

Please sign me up if you need testers for Z-Wave :)

Will the new software continue to work with the Zooz dongle or is the plan to only make it work 100% with the new dongle?

• Like 1

@asbril, how did you get version 5.53.103? I have tried updating mine and latest is 5.52.301

Edit... forget that, I was not logged into the software so it went through the motions of updating but was offline only. I logged in and have that version now.

Edited by brians

2 hours ago, brians said:

@asbril, how did you get version 5.53.103?

:-) I have no idea :-) but tomorrow I continue my Zooz stick update exploration.

I am using the "old" stick that I had issues with and won't touch the "new"  stick, that is currently in the Polisy, until I am fully comfortable that I know what I am doing.