Aeotec WallMote Quad (ZW130-A) & ISY994I

Hello! New user just learning the Universal Devices ecosystem. I have an ISY994i running the following...

ISY
Model: ISY 994i 1024
Platform: ISY-C-994
Version: 5.3.0
Build Timestamp: 2020-10-01-14:44:54

I purchased an AeoTec WallMote Quad (ZW130-A) with the intention of using it to trigger other things through the UD automation platform. However, upon adding the device, it doesn't seem to do much of anything. The UD interface just changed so naturally I'm struggling with that, but I haven't found anyway to use this. Any suggestions? I looked through documentation but I couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance and apologies for my ignorance!

4 hours ago, drprm1 said:

Thanks for the reply. Very useful information here. I looked at my unit and it has a blue LED on the front, but not the rear. So based on that I am assuming it is a 500 series device. I did just purchase it however and am wondering if I should have the PolisyPro instead? I did not see any data on the listing on Amazon from UD which indicated that so perhaps I missed something there.

The Aeotec device I'm playing with is physically sitting next to the ISY994i. I don't think range is the issue. This is more of that the devices it discovered don't seem to be interactable. It's almost as if it doesn't understand there are buttons. Additionally, having played with the Programs, it isn't obvious to me how I'm supposed to code for them. I assumed they would exist in the "If" logic, but really unsure about that. The documentation (PDF) I found was confusing to navigate.

8 minutes ago, KNicklow said:

Thanks for the reply. Very useful information here. I looked at my unit and it has a blue LED on the front, but not the rear. So based on that I am assuming it is a 500 series device. I did just purchase it however and am wondering if I should have the PolisyPro instead? I did not see any data on the listing on Amazon from UD which indicated that so perhaps I missed something there.

The Aeotec device I'm playing with is physically sitting next to the ISY994i. I don't think range is the issue. This is more of that the devices it discovered don't seem to be interactable. It's almost as if it doesn't understand there are buttons. Additionally, having played with the Programs, it isn't obvious to me how I'm supposed to code for them. I assumed they would exist in the "If" logic, but really unsure about that. The documentation (PDF) I found was confusing to navigate.

I'd upgrade to 5.3.4 just in case there's been updates that 5.3 doesn't have. 

You may need to look at the device owners manual to see if any parameters for that device needs to be set. 

It may require programs in order to work. If so, you'll see the options in the if drop-down menu

@KNicklow

What version of the ISY Zwave dongle do you have?

What's your current ISY firmware and UI?

After you installed the WallMote do you see its nodes in your device tree?

What exactly do you want the Wallmote to do?

The Polisy is the upcoming replacement for the ISY994 however your current setup should work with the Wallmote.

Zwave devices don't seem to have very good documentation and mapping the device documentation to ISY is also difficult.  The forum has been a big help for me.  I have an Aeotec NanoMote.  When I installed it, I get the nodes shown in the screenshot.

image.thumb.png.24463f09a80b1ddeff9b47c6b462412c.png

I use three programs to control a light.  One button turns the light on dim, one turns it on bright and one turn it off.

image.thumb.png.c50c7c960acc8f5102011c51afd62512.png

The menu has 7 options for one button.  Not sure how to get the Fade Stop, Fade Up or fast On.   I had this on an ISY994 but the screen shots are from ISY on Polisy.

23 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I'd upgrade to 5.3.4 just in case there's been updates that 5.3 doesn't have. 

You may need to look at the device owners manual to see if any parameters for that device needs to be set. 

It may require programs in order to work. If so, you'll see the options in the if drop-down menu

Thanks for the suggestion on the upgrade. I'll see if I can find documentation on how to do that.

22 hours ago, Techman said:

@KNicklow

What version of the ISY Zwave dongle do you have?

What's your current ISY firmware and UI?

After you installed the WallMote do you see its nodes in your device tree?

What exactly do you want the Wallmote to do?

The Polisy is the upcoming replacement for the ISY994 however your current setup should work with the Wallmote.

I assume you're referring to the "Z-Wave" version in the administrative console. If so, it's 6.82.01. I made some progress in getting the Wallmote interactable, largely ignorance on my part for the programming. Notes in one of my responses below.

22 hours ago, mjrush said:

Zwave devices don't seem to have very good documentation and mapping the device documentation to ISY is also difficult.  The forum has been a big help for me.  I have an Aeotec NanoMote.  When I installed it, I get the nodes shown in the screenshot.

image.thumb.png.24463f09a80b1ddeff9b47c6b462412c.png

I use three programs to control a light.  One button turns the light on dim, one turns it on bright and one turn it off.

image.thumb.png.c50c7c960acc8f5102011c51afd62512.png

The menu has 7 options for one button.  Not sure how to get the Fade Stop, Fade Up or fast On.   I had this on an ISY994 but the screen shots are from ISY on Polisy.

Thanks for the screenshots! These made a huge difference. I have been able to get the "Scene Button 1" on the Quad to flip a SmartSwitch7 on, but it's running both the "Then" and the "Else". Based on my experience with other languages I would expect it to only run the "Then" when the "If" conditions are true. All I'm trying to do is toggle the switch on and off with a button press. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

image.png.cfb281be10eaf4e6dcff9514f7a8c1e5.png

I have a lot of trouble with else statements.  When the switch is turned on, the status changes and the If is reevaluated. The status is not off so the Else runs.  I think this may take two programs.  One to turn the switch on and One to turn it off.

33 minutes ago, mjrush said:

I have a lot of trouble with else statements.  When the switch is turned on, the status changes and the If is reevaluated. The status is not off so the Else runs.  I think this may take two programs.  One to turn the switch on and One to turn it off.

You're correct.  this will take two programs, each with blank Else statements.  Else runs anytime the If is no longer true.

3 hours ago, KNicklow said:

I'll see if I can find documentation on how to do that.

The information for 5.3.4 can be found in the Current Release area of the forums. It's the post pinned to the top! It can't be missed if you're looking for the latest release. As long as you have a series 500 z-wave controller board, 5.3.4 is the release everybody should be using. 

20 hours ago, MrBill said:

You're correct.  this will take two programs, each with blank Else statements.  Else runs anytime the If is no longer true.

Thanks for your feedback!

17 hours ago, Geddy said:

The information for 5.3.4 can be found in the Current Release area of the forums. It's the post pinned to the top! It can't be missed if you're looking for the latest release. As long as you have a series 500 z-wave controller board, 5.3.4 is the release everybody should be using. 

Thanks!

Archived