Smoke Bridge Configuration

CPrince

I don't believe I ever configured my Smoke Bridge in ISY.  I put it on the back burner for a while.  I have a monitored alarm if there is a problem. In the mean time my First Alert detectors reached end of life.  Yes, they lasted about 8 years and started throwing a code every few hours that they needed to be replace.  So I replace them.  I married the smoke detectors with each other and then married the last one to the Smoke Bridge.  I set the Smoke Bridge up in ISY.  All LOOKS good.  The other day while the wife was cooking dinner she set of the smoke detector and nothing happened.  This is my code.  Is it correct? Under the 2 status drop downs there are lots of options.

image.png.27b9cef036e192ffe5b70d1912081095.png

Maybe I should do this?

image.png.6ddf818406a795829387fdddd31874ae.png

@xlurkr, yes I went down that road too.  I could not marry the First Alert to the Smoke Bridge.  I spent hours and days on line.  On the First Alert web site I found a document listing the only smoke detector compatible.  https://support.firstalert.com/s/article/Insteon-Compatibility  Mine, the SCO500,was not on it.  There was a SCO500c or something which is no longer on the list.  So I went to buy one and found that this is a wired smoke detector.  Then I did more looking around and found that this SCO500c (or something, which is no longer on the list.) is the same as the SCO500.  One is batteries and one is wired.  So then I looked back through my documentation from 2013 and found that my old detectors were in fact  SCO500's and they worked.  I was using Insteon HouseLink software at that time.  I went through my junk box full of Insteon stuff and dug up another Smoke Bridge.  I did a factory reset on it, and linked it to the First Alert on the first try, no pun intended.  Now when I throw the First Alert in test mode and look at the Smoke Bridge the green light flashes on the Smoke Bridge.  The book says this means data is being sent.

By the way the SCO501CN-3ST is approved and is available at Amazon for $43.

I was hoping someone had Smoke Bridge up and running and could check my code before I drop $100 on more detectors.

47 minutes ago, CPrince said:

Would you mind sharing some code?

Well, I simply checked for status of this single detector (the status on this detector changed when any of my other hardwired detectors saw smoke), and this always worked as intended.  I replaced these detectors with wireless Elk detectors quite a while ago, so this solution is no longer in use, but it worked:

Smoke Bridge - [ID 004D][Parent 0013][Not Enabled]

If
        'Devices / dirMasterBedroom / Smoke Bridge-Smoke' Status is On

Then
        Set 'Devices / dirLivingRoom / ZW 007 Siren' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Scenes / scnAllInteriorLights' Fast On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Devices / dirGuestBedroom / flcFan-Light' Fast On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Devices / dirGuestBedroom / sldGuestVanityLight' Fast On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Devices / dirGuestBedroom / sldGuestShowerLight' Fast On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Send Notification to '3' content 'Smoke Detector Alert'
        Wait  5 seconds
        Set 'Devices / dirLivingRoom / ZW 007 Siren' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

@Bumbershootthanks. So my code is good. 

Smoke Detector Smoke Detected - [ID 0053][Parent 0001]

If
        'Bedroom / Smoke Bridge-Smoke' Status is On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Chris email' content 'Smoke Detector Smoke Detected'

Else

I need to test some more.  I need people to leave the house so i can test. Then try new detectors.  

17 hours ago, CPrince said:

I don't believe I ever configured my Smoke Bridge in ISY.  I put it on the back burner for a while.  I have a monitored alarm if there is a problem. In the mean time my First Alert detectors reached end of life.  Yes, they lasted about 8 years and started throwing a code every few hours that they needed to be replace.  So I replace them.  I married the smoke detectors with each other and then married the last one to the Smoke Bridge.  I set the Smoke Bridge up in ISY.  All LOOKS good.  The other day while the wife was cooking dinner she set of the smoke detector and nothing happened.  This is my code.  Is it correct? Under the 2 status drop downs there are lots of options.

image.png.27b9cef036e192ffe5b70d1912081095.png

Maybe I should do this?

image.png.6ddf818406a795829387fdddd31874ae.png

Its been ages since I used this product but I couldve sworn I had the option for smoke or carbon alerts. Does the smoke bridge have more options than you show?

@lilyoyo1yes, there are about 6 options or more.  Test, Smoke, CO, Unknown, All Clear, Low Battery, Malfunction.  I was just trying to get one of them to work.  I just did not know what logic to use.

@xlurkrhttps://support.firstalert.com/s/article/Insteon-Compatibility  this document states that First Alert SCO501CN-3ST is compatable.  You can get it on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sco501cn-3st&i=tools&crid=3I3CHO4GRXJO8&sprefix=sco501%2Ctools%2C95&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_6 , for about $43.

First Alert's list does not seem complete as my SCO500 wireless used to work and @Bumbershoot says he has used SA521cn-3st which is wired with battery backup.   The SA521cn-3st is also on Amazon for about $40.

25 minutes ago, CPrince said:

@lilyoyo1yes, there are about 6 options or more.  Test, Smoke, CO, Unknown, All Clear, Low Battery, Malfunction.  I was just trying to get one of them to work.  I just did not know what logic to use.

@xlurkrhttps://support.firstalert.com/s/article/Insteon-Compatibility  this document states that First Alert SCO501CN-3ST is compatable.  You can get it on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sco501cn-3st&i=tools&crid=3I3CHO4GRXJO8&sprefix=sco501%2Ctools%2C95&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_6 , for about $43.

First Alert's list does not seem complete as my SCO500 wireless used to work and @Bumbershoot says he has used SA521cn-3st which is wired with battery backup.   The SA521cn-3st is also on Amazon for about $40.

If memory serves correct you'd use smoke or CO2. They'll go off based on the specific condition. 

The crazy part about it is I had it when they first came out in my old place in California. I set off the smoke. The sensor trigger my program to run a second or 2 before the detector actually started sounding

Okay I think I figured this out.  The wife finally left the house so I can test.  Sucks to be a dog or a cat.  Looking at the Status Icon for the Smoke Bridge Battery (seems the battery is tested during the test, but resets) and Test values, I noticed that they had a green bar. So I start poking around why?  All others had red bars.  It has probably been green for months, since I last did a test. So I queried it and it turned to a red bar.  Did the Smoke Bridge test and presto, it worked.  I added a wait and a query to my last lines to "reset" the Smoke Bridge.  I also tested with with esl "Smoke! in a Can" and everything worked.  This time I received a smoke alert instead of a test alert.  I didn't seem to need the query here as it reset itself almost instantly.

This is also proof that the wireless SCO500 works.

So this is what I came up with. 

Smoke Detector Test - [ID 0058][Parent 0001]

If
        'Bedroom / Smoke Bridge-Test' Status is On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Chris email' content 'Smoke Detector Test'
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Bedroom / Bedroom Ceiling-Light' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Bedroom / Bedroom Nightstand' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Living Room / Living Room Right' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' On
        Wait  5 minutes 
        Set 'Bedroom / Smoke Bridge-Test' Query

Else

Archived