PG3 ELK Node server send text to keypads

Jimbo.Automates

It won't hurt me, as production is on PG2, and will be for a while yet. 

I like the sounds of what this update will provide, however.  I'll probably install the notification Node server as well due to the Short Custom Content functionality.

I have been playing around with sending text to Elk keypad. Previously, using the Elk Module, I was sending the OA temp to my keypads and I wanted to reinstate this.

As a test, I have been successful placing the following in the body: 

${sys.date}

${sys.time}

I have even placed ${sys.date} ${sys.time} in the subject and it has worked (does $ & {} count has a character?), even thought I am not sure if it exceeds 16 characters.

However, I can not get the Tempest temperature or humidity value to appear on the keypad using either one in the subject  or both on two lines in the body.

Is this a limitation of the 16 characters and if so, can that be upped so we can pass node server values to the Elk Keypad?

The $ and { do not count, what counts is what they resolve to.  The 16 character limit is on the ELK, nothing I can do about it.

For illegal characters like the degree, I though the API I was using already took care of that, but sounds like it's not.  I'll put in a fix when I get time, but for now you can add .raw to not get the formatted value.

2 hours ago, glarsen said:

There is also a restriction on which characters the ELK can display...for instance if a degree or percent symbol is embedded in the string, nothing will display.

Ask me how I know this...?

Thanks for that, adding raw to the end worked.

53 minutes ago, JimboAutomates said:

The $ and { do not count, what counts is what they resolve to.  The 16 character limit is on the ELK, nothing I can do about it.

For illegal characters like the degree, I though the API I was using already took care of that, but sounds like it's not.  I'll put in a fix when I get time, but for now you can add .raw to not get the formatted value.

Thanks to @glarsen, using the raw value has it working.

There is no issue with it the way it is, as long as we know the situation. Maybe updating the documentation would help?

@Javi, @JimboAutomates, I think this update must have broken something with UD Mobile.  I get "java.lang.error: Node Status Relation Cursor is empty. NodeId: 1551. Control:0.500.  I have restarted the ISY and the reloaded the app with no change. 

Edit: The node status fields all display, but none of the CMD fields appear. All of the grouped nodes show.

@Javi, @JimboAutomates, I think this update must have broken something with UD Mobile.  I get "java.lang.error: Node Status Relation Cursor is empty. NodeId: 1551. Control:0.500.  I have restarted the ISY and the reloaded the app with no change. 
Edit: The node status fields all display, but none of the CMD fields appear. All of the grouped nodes show.
Does this happen on sync? Or when you open that node in UD Mobile?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, JimboAutomates said:

This is fixed in 3.2.2, but there is still an issue which I think will require an update to UD Mobile.  I apologize to @Javi that I didn't give him access to this to test with the new editor that Chris added before this was released.

After running the update and syncing UD Mobile, the error changed to: java.lang.Error:UOM Suffix is null. 500

12 hours ago, DennisC said:

After running the update and syncing UD Mobile, the error changed to: java.lang.Error:UOM Suffix is null. 500

Thanks, the new UOMs have not been updated on the app side, they should be in the next release.

Archived